• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Could you just look at my latest documents' on page 6 tomorrow and tell me which one to send or incorporate both or just send separately please.

Many thanks

John

Comment

I'd send this one http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...4&d=1475752881 as the other isn't really relevant as the OFT have been kerputt for a couple of years now.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Many thanks

John

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Hi all

Had another letter from Cabot today threatening me with legal action and making a possible application for a CCJ for money owed.

They say that they have not heard from me even though I have proof that someone their end signed for a letter that I sent on the 7th of this month.

Any thoughts about how I can start getting heavy with these silly people.

Many regards

John

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
            @Amethyst @nemesis45

Hi all

Had another letter from Cabot today threatening me with legal action and making a possible application for a CCJ for money owed.

They say that they have not heard from me even though I have proof that someone their end signed for a letter that I sent on the 7th of this month.

Any thoughts about how I can start getting heavy with these silly people.

Many regards

John
            Hello John,

It's likely that one department at Carboot has no idea what another is doing.

Please post a suitably redacted copy of the letter so we can " judge" the tone of it.

nem

Comment

Many thanks. Will do.

Comment

The first letter that I received was on the 3rd of September. I sent off a request letter on the 7th and they signed for it on the 8th. I also enclosed with the letter a copy of the court case document to say that they were not taking any more action.

I think I will take Nemesis / MIKE770 advice and send a recorded letter to the CEO in regards to the FCA.

Halifax Complaints / SAR request department have also contacted me in regards to the SAR and I have to go down to a branch with proof of my ID for data protection purposes. They have sent me a letter in which they will be happy to provide the SAR as soon as I have sent off documentation such as birth certificate, passport and a recent utility bill.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
                  The first letter that I received was on the 3rd of September. I sent off a request letter on the 7th and they signed for it on the 8th. I also enclosed with the letter a copy of the court case document to say that they were not taking any more action.

I think I will take Nemesis / MIKE770 advice and send a recorded letter to the CEO in regards to the FCA.

Halifax Complaints / SAR request department have also contacted me in regards to the SAR and I have to go down to a branch with proof of my ID for data protection purposes. They have sent me a letter in which they will be happy to provide the SAR as soon as I have sent off documentation such as birth certificate, passport and a recent utility bill.
                  The Letters are templates John, if Lowell was sure of it's ground here I think they would have issued a claim already.

The reply to the SAR is standard for Halifax it's reasonable for them to ask for positive ID to avoid personal data going astray.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Dear All

I received the letter from Cabot today and the words were what I was expecting in so far that they have no proof of the debt. What now ??

I expect that they will continue to harass over the years for this debt and I want to take the fight to them now so that I can move on in my life. What options do I have ??

I also will be moving in the New Year so do I contact them with my new address ??? I do not really want any more letters coming here so don't know what to do about that as everyone says not to contact them.

Yours sincerely

John
                    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=john45uk;693649]@nemesis45 @Amethyst

Dear All

I received the letter from Cabot today and the words were what I was expecting in so far that they have no proof of the debt. What now ??

Hello John,

Debt purchasers such as Cabot never have the document to hand when issuing claim as the debt is sols with the absolute minimum of information.

Please be aware that Cabot's on "hold" means nothing in the court process so you must stick to the court timescales.

You are Not obliged to pay them anything unless they can prove their claim.

nem

Comment

Stick to the court timescales ? Does that mean they can still take me to court even when they have done so already ?

Comment

[QUOTE=john45uk;693665]Stick to the court timescales ? Does that mean they can still take me to court even when they have done so already ?[/QUOTE

The debt is currently unenforceable but it still exists so if Cabot get there hands on any " evidence" they are likely to continue the claim, which they can do at any time.

Dirty trick are habit in the debt industry.

nem

Comment

So if I move shall i provide them with new address when moving ??

Would it be an idea to go bankrupt as I have no money and things are on the edge with finances as they are ??

Yours

John

Comment

[QUOTE=john45uk;693677]So if I move shall i provide them with new address when moving ??

Would it be an idea to go bankrupt as I have no money and things are on the edge with finances as they are ??

Yours

Hello John,

Bankruptcy is the ultimate solution but before considering this I think you should do some research on the consequences and the costs, it sounds as if you have little or no realisable assets to satisfy any of your debts.

Yes you should advise all your creditors of your new address.

nem

Comment

many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X