• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

[QUOTE=john45uk;597107]Hi all

Just got some duplicate forms to send out which were given to me by my former solicitor. It is a Notice of change of legal representative form, 4 in total. The question or two being is that apart from Cabot, Wright Hassle and the Colchester Court, who is the fourth duplicate for ?? And the second question is as Colchester Court is in the process of moving the possible hearing to Chesterfield Court, should I send the forms with the new information of what court is involved or just send it out now with Colchester County Court as is in the current form to Cabot and Wright Hassle ?

Hello John,
    4th Copy for your former solicitors. Don't forget to keep a photocopy for your files.
    I would send the completed court copy to Colchester CC Falkland House Southway
    addressed to the court manager.

nem

Comment

Thank you. My main worry was if I sent it to Colchester and they had already processed it for Chesterfield County Court. Will drive to Colchester at weekend and put it through their postbox.

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
        Thank you. My main worry was if I sent it to Colchester and they had already processed it for Chesterfield County Court. Will drive to Colchester at weekend and put it through their postbox.
        Shouldn't be a problem the court will pass it on.
        There is some backlog in the system around the Essex courts.

nem

Comment

Just received a letter via my previous solicitor of court case next monday at Colchester. Through the back log they have not processed my change of solicitor to myself. HELP !!!!

If i have to travel two hundred miles i will but will be a pain. But need to build evidence towards Cabot over the weekend :-(

Comment

Just received a letter via my previous solicitor of court case next monday at Colchester. Through the back log they have not processed my change of solicitor to myself. HELP !!!!

If i have to travel two hundred miles i will but will be a pain. But need to build evidence towards Cabot over the weekend :-(
            I'd give Colchester CC a ring in the morning tell them of the change of representation and that you had asked or the hearing to be transferred to Chesterfield CC they may agree to vacate the slot on Monday and transfer it for you for a later date.

nem

Comment

Spot on Nemesis. Gave ring this afternoon and they got back to me at 17.20 this evening. The man was very helpful, found my letter and vacated the slot to a later date and pushed to Chesterfield. Many thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                My initial thoughts:

Can you confirm that Wright Hassall are the solicitors instructed by Cabot UK i.e. any initial letters from Wright Hassall or get them to confirm it? If so then your defence to this will be that Cabot UK are committing a criminal offence as they are not regulated under the FCA as are Wright Hassall as they are not authorised either and so should not be conducting in any regulated activities - that will be your grounds for reasonable defence to set aside. Therefore Cabot (UK) should not have instructed WH to undertake a regulated activity. Debt collecting is recognised by the FCA as a high risk group and so they should have authorisation to be doing anything near debt collecting.

Just for information back at the end of last year I had a letter from Wright Hassell claiming to be acting on behalf of Cabot so WH have been acting for Cabot.

Comment

And ??? Please tell me what the outcome was in your case please :-)

Comment

Spot on Nemesis. Gave ring this afternoon and they got back to me at 17.20 this evening. The man was very helpful, found my letter and vacated the slot to a later date and pushed to Chesterfield. Many thanks.

John
                    Good I'm glad that you wont have that long drive!
                    Please keep us up to date on developments.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
                    Just for information back at the end of last year I had a letter from Wright Hassell claiming to be acting on behalf of Cabot so WH have been acting for Cabot.
                    Cabot have not committed any offence and can instruct any solicitors the want.

nem

Comment

So how do I build my case as I was going to go down the route of Cabot UK Ltd not being regulated ?

Comment

I have today and tomorrow off and want to form some sort of evidence to present to the judge for him to look at . Bit worried about what my ex solicitor said about the way I kept moving might be construed as running away from the debt agencies as all I was doing was following where the work lead me :-(

Comment

Should I get in contact verbally or in letter to Cabot asking for original documents in regards to the original debt and see if they have it or as they have now put in a CCJ, would be too late ???

Comment

So how do I build my case as I was going to go down the route of Cabot UK Ltd not being regulated ?
                            Hello John ,
                            I did advise on a few occasions that this was very unlikely to be true, but such things become " urban myths " very quickly!!
                            I thought it was decided when [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] was helping you that the defence was to be that the debt was statute barred before the claim was issued??

nem

Comment

Sorry Nem

Just very stressed and not looking forward to the unknown. Just trying to predict any surprises that either the judge or Wright Hassle throws at me and any paperwork that I might need for this court case

Comment

Sorry Nem

Just very stressed and not looking forward to the unknown. Just trying to predict any surprises that either the judge or Wright Hassle throws at me and any paperwork that I might need for this court case
                                The judge wont be looking to throwing surprises!

What documents have been produced so far?
                                John no apologies are needed!!
                                Have a look at some threads with defences to give you
                                an idea of content and format, the post a draft here and
                                we can go through it with you.

Nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X