• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Oh dear.

Thank you.

So, any area you visit it's the same adverts. I can't see the Solicitors I mentioned previously anywhere. I can't see [MENTION=109262]StaffBenefitsLOL[/MENTION] 's business ( guessing from email so could be wrong). There's six pages of adverts - majority that are simple affiliate window ads. Think maybe 4/5 ads might be actual adverts - a parcel service, airport parking in sussex, a clothes retailer, indoor ski lessons and paintball in manchester - think the rest are affiliate link ads ( ie you sign up on something like commission junction / affiliate window and paste a html code in to display their latest ads and offers - we had one in the sidebar here for a bit and I used to run a website ( before LB) which relied on affiliate commissions from same ads ) The location change part does nothing ( same 6 pages of same adverts ) the category part does work, although quite a few categories are empty and a bit pointless ( and you'd expect stuff on nursing services / relocation etc to be on there really ) ( awin -for example https://www.awin.com/gb/publishers/advertiser-directory )

I can see your Ad [MENTION=108254]Mother[/MENTION] in your amending the offer section - and it shows under the relevant category with the timer countdown part ( only one with that!) but as I'm logged in as you that's not a suprise.

I wonder if everyone can only see their own advert amongst the bunch of affiliate window ads. Maybe if [MENTION=108254]Mother[/MENTION] tells [MENTION=109262]StaffBenefitsLOL[/MENTION] the business name and vice versa can see if you can see each other's businesses ?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 6th November 2017, 18:30:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just for example.... on Bedfordshire location ( though every location is exactly the same )
      Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This is more what I'd have expected to find in there - www.nhsstaffbenefits.co.uk - haven't investigated that at all mind you so don't know how linked it is to actual NHS Scotland or how much it is actually used - Seems to be run by PSSB Ltd - but point being that's more what I'd have thought it would be. Decent following on FB etc https://www.facebook.com/NHSSB, accounts on co house ( as opposed to a long list of liquidations lol) - twitter doesn't seem to work tho

There's also similar type arrangements like https://uolbenefits.lifestylehub.co.uk/login.php ( sodexo ?)

Being kind it seems like maybe IME started as an attempt at the same kind of business as PSSB in Scotland but it hasn't taken off ? but unfortunately the way they are treating advertisers and potential advertisers has put them into the 'is it a scam?' category more than the ''new startup not really working out'' category

Just my thoughts of course.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 6th November 2017, 19:13:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by StaffBenefitsLOL View Post
          Scans of contracts with private information redacted. Thoughts?

You won't believe the amount of relief that washed over me when I found that I wasn't the only one, and this has been ongoing for a number of years. Just kicking myself I didn't read this damn contract before signing, or do just a little more scratching at the surface prior to the meeting.
          Have you told them it's cancelled now btw? so it doesn't keep going on? Just as backup if all else fails ensure cancellation is in writing and recorded delivery so that it cannot be rolled over again ( presumably as you've said it's been going on for a number of years ) .

Sadly the cancellation period isn't unusual ( though it should be!) - we see a lot of complaints about another company who insist you have to cancel 6 months before the end of a 5 year term to stop it rolling over for a further 5 years !( and the contracts are usually for £5k - £20k for those 5 years )
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=108254]Mother[/MENTION] kindly gave me her Staffbenefits login details, I have accessed the site and cannot see our business advertised, only hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Have you told them it's cancelled now btw? so it doesn't keep going on? Just as backup if all else fails ensure cancellation is in writing and recorded delivery so that it cannot be rolled over again ( presumably as you've said it's been going on for a number of years ) .

Sadly the cancellation period isn't unusual ( though it should be!) - we see a lot of complaints about another company who insist you have to cancel 6 months before the end of a 5 year term to stop it rolling over for a further 5 years !( and the contracts are usually for £5k - £20k for those 5 years )
              Hi - apologies for the delayed response, a lot to sort yesterday.

My advert shows up under the "Buckinghamshire" category in their system.

I'll be writing to them today/tomorrow to cancel in no uncertain terms.

The issue I have now is that I've given them money, however we're "contracted" to pay them two more sums over the coming two months. I've cancelled the standing order and confirmed that with the bank - but where do I go from here?

It seems like my 'contract' covers the Bucks area, so I'll see if the link appears on the Buckinghamshire NHS intranet.

What else can I do to protect my business from these people?

Comment

I've screenshotted the whole of the Buckinghamshire and stuck it on a PDF - this is all the ads. Can you see your ad on there? (I'll take it off after you've checked it)

this is neater - seem to have duplicated first two pages mind... still it's early yet.

If it's not, but does show when you log in as yourself, then you have a further argument for cancellation. I did wonder why you had asked Beds NHS Trust if the link showed on their intranet when your contract was for Bucks.

You also need to cancel any DD or standing order set up with your bank. Doesn't look like you gave them card details? unless you did to pay the deposit? - if so ensure the bank cancels any continuous payment authority too.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Amethyst; 7th November 2017, 10:04:AM.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've screenshotted the whole of the Buckinghamshire and stuck it on a PDF - this is all the ads. Can you see your ad on there? (I'll take it off after you've checked it)

this is neater - seem to have duplicated first two pages mind... still it's early yet.

If it's not, but does show when you log in as yourself, then you have a further argument for cancellation. I did wonder why you had asked Beds NHS Trust if the link showed on their intranet when your contract was for Bucks.

You also need to cancel any DD or standing order set up with your bank. Doesn't look like you gave them card details? unless you did to pay the deposit? - if so ensure the bank cancels any continuous payment authority too.
                  No, our ad does not show in the PDF you've provided - it does however show when I log in to my portal. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

What's the best method for cancelling with them? I'm planning on sending a Signed & Recorded letter via Royal Mail confirming that I am cancelling the service with immediate effect and no further moneys will be sent across.

Reasoning for the cancellation will be not getting the promised services, a very sketchy platform where other people logging in cannot see our advertisements, and (once I've confirmed) the website not being advertised on Buckinghamshire NHS intranet(s).

I also have the initial e-mail sent to me confirming the e-mail - it's attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for checking. It does seem to be your own advert only displays when you are logged in. Of course we don't know what shows to bonafide NHS employees who log in ( if any do ), only what shows to advertisers. I wouldn't say sketchy, more misrepresented, lack of traffic statistics, no business obtained via the adverts, no link on the intranet ( if confirmed ) and no promotion of staffbenefits by NHS trust etc, concerned lack of other small & local businesses on the platform ( other than standard affiliate ads ). So breach of contract, service not provided, misrepresented to you by the sales rep. I'd save going into contract terms parts until they come back to you on an overall complaint / cancellation first.

Yes recorded delivery to the registered address on Companies House and to the address on the contract.

How did you first get involved with them? ( I mean how did you come to make the appointment with them to visit you)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for checking. It does seem to be your own advert only displays when you are logged in. Of course we don't know what shows to bonafide NHS employees who log in ( if any do ), only what shows to advertisers. I wouldn't say sketchy, more misrepresented, lack of traffic statistics, no business obtained via the adverts, no link on the intranet ( if confirmed ) and no promotion of staffbenefits by NHS trust etc, concerned lack of other small & local businesses on the platform ( other than standard affiliate ads ). So breach of contract, service not provided, misrepresented to you by the sales rep. I'd save going into contract terms parts until they come back to you on an overall complaint / cancellation first.

Yes recorded delivery to the registered address on Companies House and to the address on the contract.
                      Thanks. Unfortunately the link does appear on Bedfordshire Trust's Intranet, I'll be calling them momentarily to explain the situation.

I've just spoken at length with the Communications & HR Departments of Buckinghamshire NHS Trust - they've received a similar enquiry from a company in the same market as mine 6-8 months ago. They're investigating and will be calling me back shortly to discuss. They couldn't tell me right away if the link is in there however they'll be contacting me shortly to discuss.

When I log in to the StaffBenefits system, there is a link on 'my' advert to my company's website.

Comment

Yip. Let us know what they say. When you do speak back with the NHS Trust comms again, ask them about advertising directly with them - some trusts will allow ads that offer actual special deals for nhs employees directly - I know one trust replied to a business and said happy to put a free link on the intranet if you have offers for NHS staff, but of course they're all different.

Something else - if they DO have a link - can they tell you how their staff would log on the SB website - is there log in details provided for all staff or do they sign up individually ? ( and could they possibly log in and see if your advert displays ) .... okay might be getting a bit cheeky there, but worth an ask.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yip. Let us know what they say. When you do speak back with the NHS Trust comms again, ask them about advertising directly with them - some trusts will allow ads that offer actual special deals for nhs employees directly - I know one trust replied to a business and said happy to put a free link on the intranet if you have offers for NHS staff, but of course they're all different.

Something else - if they DO have a link - can they tell you how their staff would log on the SB website - is there log in details provided for all staff or do they sign up individually ? ( and could they possibly log in and see if your advert displays ) .... okay might be getting a bit cheeky there, but worth an ask.
                          I will do.

I've just spoken with someone at Bedfordshire NHS Trust again and they said they haven't had any specific complaints regarding the system. There is literally just a link on their intranet to StaffBenefits.co.uk - apparently staff have to sign up themselves to the platform and they don't have a single login for StaffBenefits.co.uk for the trust. The lady I spoke to says she wasn't registered so couldn't look to see if my advert appeared.

Comment

No, our ad does not show in the PDF you've provided - it does however show when I log in to my portal. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

What's the best method for cancelling with them? I'm planning on sending a Signed & Recorded letter via Royal Mail confirming that I am cancelling the service with immediate effect and no further moneys will be sent across.

Reasoning for the cancellation will be not getting the promised services, a very sketchy platform where other people logging in cannot see our advertisements, and (once I've confirmed) the website not being advertised on Buckinghamshire NHS intranet(s).

I also have the initial e-mail sent to me confirming the e-mail - it's attached.
                            I don’t think they have a leg to stand on. It an absolute farce.

Comment

I will do.

I've just spoken with someone at Bedfordshire NHS Trust again and they said they haven't had any specific complaints regarding the system. There is literally just a link on their intranet to StaffBenefits.co.uk - apparently staff have to sign up themselves to the platform and they don't have a single login for StaffBenefits.co.uk for the trust. The lady I spoke to says she wasn't registered so couldn't look to see if my advert appeared.
                              I can't see how an NHS employee would sign up for it - can you ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I can't see how an NHS employee would sign up for it - can you ?
                                No, they can’t. Ridiculous.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X