• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

email me it - admin@legalbeagles.info - and I'll post it up for you. Interesting that they have actually provided something to evidence an agreement between themselves and the NHS trust. Be interesting to ask the Trust in question about it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWMS View Post
      I have taken a photo of what they sent me as a contract between them and Trust but I can't see to upload it.

Basically, the first paragraph In effect says that the Trust would have to give notice on day one just to end the contract after two years - AS IF a professional senior trust employee would read that first paragraph and go ahead and sign it.
      its an absolute joke. They’ll have made that contract up.

Comment

I'm just bobbing out for a while I'll email it when I get back

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWMS View Post
          I'm just bobbing out for a while I'll email it when I get back
          I’m sure we could have them sued for pretending they have a contract with the NHS. As if!

Comment

I think the NHS Trust mightwell have something to say about it if it is a fabrication.

In effect says that the Trust would have to give notice on day one just to end the contract after two years - AS IF a professional senior trust employee would read that first paragraph and go ahead and sign it.
            Sadly, we see a lot of pretty high up business folks on here entering into similar kinds of contracts with insane rollover and cancellation notice terms, so it wouldn't suprise me greatly that someone in the NHS Trust had been shmoozed into signing something without reading it fully.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

There's a solicitors firm who have signed to this as well. Be interesting to see how they deal with the fall out later. (I'm in two minds whether to ask them how things are going with IME actually )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

For reference I did ask Oxford Uni Hosp Trust a while back ( 2016 )

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for getting in touch about this issue.

We used to have a single link to the ‘staffbenefits.co.uk’ website on our intranet, in the ‘Latest staff offers’ area.

This link was removed in August last year due to complaints from local business people, who had been led to believe that their services were advertised directly on our intranet through staffbenefits.co.uk.

We do advertise genuine offers for NHS / OUH staff on our intranet site, and when we do, this is completely free of charge.

Please see the attached email trail for details.

Please call or email me if you would like to discuss this further.
                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
                www.ouh.nhs.uk | Facebook | Twitter
                Media and Communications Unit
                Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital
                Tel: 01865 231474
                Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
                Be part of our future: join us as a Foundation Trust member at www.ouh.nhs.uk/ft
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  There's a solicitors firm who have signed to this as well. Be interesting to see how they deal with the fall out later. (I'm in two minds whether to ask them how things are going with IME actually )
                  Is that the Liverpool firm? I tried to contact them but not heard back. I know they met with IME ltd before it went to court.

Comment

Ahh no that's another one - Bradley ? I haven't heard from him for a while so no idea what's happened with his case, should have been sorted long ago though.

Point really was that if Solicitors, Dentists - professional people who are highly intelligent - get caught out by the sales patter of these twerps - the NHS profressionals aren't going to be immune.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks @ChrisWMS

In case you have bad eyesight this is the text...
                      This is a 24 month agreement between www . staffbenefits.co.uk a trading style of Internet Media Experts Ltd and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx foundation Trust and shall renew unless 24 months notice to cancel is gievn.

1)]www. staffbenefits.co.uk will negotiate offers and discounts from a range of services and retailers for the Trusts staff and membership locally and Nationally completely free of charge to the Trust.

2) We will design all of the Trusts artwork and content to appear upon staffbenefits. co. uk again free of charge.

3) Each individual executing this agreement on behalf of the Trust repreents and warrants that he/she has been full empowered to execute this agreement and that all necessary action has been taken to authorise this agreement by him/her, in the event that a claim to the contrary is made.

4) The Trust agrees to place a link upon their intranet to staff benefits. co.uk

5) Internet Media Experts retains the right to assign this agreement to a third party

6) The trust agrees that Internet Media Experts Ltd are granted exclusivity as the sole providers for the provision of this type of web-link / discount service to their [sic] for the duration of the agreement.

Signed etc
                      Well.... no penalty for breaking the contract so completely worthless pointless other than for sending it to prospective businesses to back up their claims they are on the intranet's.
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've been caught out by these guys - Online Marketing Services Ltd.

Stupidly signed a contract on 26/10/2017. Paid a deposit a few days after signing of around ~£800, with two more payments due to come out over the next two months.

Very heavily advertised as being for Bedfordshire NHS Trust's intranet, pushy salesman on the day, made such a stupid mistake in not fully reading through before signing - all sounded like such a simple, legit service. Called them up (5/6 days after signing) saying wishing to cancel (after seeing very bad reviews on TrustPilot) and they told me I'm now contracted to pay the other two payments, no right of cancellation in the contract, etc.

Currently waiting for an e-mail back from Bedfordshire NHS Trust's communications department to see whether or not they're on there. I'm also waiting on a callback from a local solicitor.

Any and all advice on how to deal with the incoming storm will be very, very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by StaffBenefitsLOL View Post

Stupidly signed a contract on 26/10/2017. Paid a deposit a few days after signing of around ~£800, with two more payments due to come out over the next two months.

Very heavily advertised as being for Bedfordshire NHS Trust's intranet, pushy salesman on the day, made such a stupid mistake in not fully reading through before signing - all sounded like such a simple, legit service. Called them up (5/6 days after signing) saying wishing to cancel (after seeing very bad reviews on TrustPilot) and they told me I'm now contracted to pay the other two payments, no right of cancellation in the contract, etc.

Currently waiting for an e-mail back from Bedfordshire NHS Trust's communications department to see whether or not they're on there. I'm also waiting on a callback from a local solicitor.

Any and all advice on how to deal with the incoming storm will be very, very much appreciated.
                          have you read this whole thread? Some very useful information on here. It’s a huge scam. They’re listed on Companies house as dormant, which means they aren’t ‘trading’...

Comment

i would contact bank ASAP and cancel standing order. I reported them to Action Fraud and got a crime reference number.
                            did they charge you VAT too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
                              have you read this whole thread? Some very useful information on here. It’s a huge scam. They’re listed on Companies house as dormant, which means they aren’t ‘trading’...
                              Been reading through - my 'contract' seems slightly different to others. Just in the process of scanning and redacting the four-page contract, and the initial e-mails received prior to my meeting with them. Basically, I need an ironclad "out" of this contract without paying any more money to them. I'm willing to accept the loss of the initial deposit just to make this go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mother View Post
                              i would contact bank ASAP and cancel standing order. I reported them to Action Fraud and got a crime reference number.
                              did they charge you VAT too?
                              Yes they did - I'm going down to the bank now to cancel it and then report to ActionFraud.

Comment

Been reading through - my 'contract' seems slightly different to others. Just in the process of scanning and redacting the four-page contract, and the initial e-mails received prior to my meeting with them. Basically, I need an ironclad "out" of this contract without paying any more money to them. I'm willing to accept the loss of the initial deposit just to make this go away.
                                how have they changed the contract?
                                I think threatening them with HMRC is enough to get rid of them. They certainly shouldn’t be taking money when they’re ‘dormant’

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they did - I'm going down to the bank now to cancel it and then report to ActionFraud.
                                I bet their VAT registration number isn’t on your receipt...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X