• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Originally posted by Mother View Post
    how have they changed the contract?
    I think threatening them with HMRC is enough to get rid of them. They certainly shouldn’t be taking money when they’re ‘dormant’

- - - Updated - - -

I bet their VAT registration number isn’t on your receipt...
    i woukd certainly tell them you’ll be contacting VAT fraud hotline too.

Comment

Four pages? blimey they are making an effort !
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
        how have they changed the contract?
        I think threatening them with HMRC is enough to get rid of them. They certainly shouldn’t be taking money when they’re ‘dormant’

- - - Updated - - -

I bet their VAT registration number isn’t on your receipt...
        ONLINE MARKETING SERVICES LTD is the company this contract is with and they appear to be trading according to Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08962493

Can't see a VAT Registration number on the receipt. Just waiting for scanner to warm up then contract will be up.

Comment

Been sitting Dormant since 2014 and has just been switched into use by Mr Martin as of September.

07 Sep 2017 Appointment of Mr Lee Martin as a director on 7 September 2017 View PDF ( Appointment of Mr Lee Martin as a director on 7 September 2017 - link opens in a new window ) (2 pages)
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Some business interests of Lee Martin. Just for ref - all public info on companies house.

Hospital Members Ltd - Dissolved Apr 2017
            Accident Television - Dissolved Feb 2017
            Internet Media Experts Ltd (version 1) - Dissolved Oct 2015
            The General Advertising company ( previously Internet Media Experts ) - currently going through liquidation as of March 2017

( same liquidators for all of those )

UK Debt Enforcement Ltd - Active since May 2016
            Titan Business - Active since March 2017
            Internet Marketing Experts Ltd - Active since Oct 2015 - accounts overdue & first gazette for compulsory strike
            CoffeeBuddee Ltd - Dormant company
            Nock Studio - active since July 15
            City Management Solutions - resigned as director Oct 2017
            Online Marketing Services - Lee has just taken it over from Clare.

any more for any more?
            another one just came across

WORKFORCE REWARDS LTD (10889103) inc. July 2017
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Scans of contracts with private information redacted. Thoughts?

You won't believe the amount of relief that washed over me when I found that I wasn't the only one, and this has been ongoing for a number of years. Just kicking myself I didn't read this damn contract before signing, or do just a little more scratching at the surface prior to the meeting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Did they give you a log in for the site?

Does that say BUCKS ? ( just as you mentioned checking with bedfordshire nhs trust )

Says in the terms Charges EXCLUSIVE of VAT .

I also don't get the amounts

First year value 995 + VAT = 1194

payable by 796 * 3 = 2388 ?

what am I missing there?

Ahh 995 per year for two years? £1990 + VAT = £2388 !!! Got ya.( sorry bit slow on the old Maths front!)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

That last page, before the signature, does make it a term of the agreement that staffbenefits.co.uk is" promoted to the staff via their intranet" - so if you can get something from the Bucks NHS trust ( if it is they) saying they don't promote staffbenefits.co.uk on their intranet then that would be a breach of contract.

And I'd like to see Mr Martin try taking an NHS trust to court over the agreement he seems to be getting signed by the NHS trusts.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

They've changed banks for this new company too - used to be with Santander as Internet Media Experts. Surely it's just a continuation of the business - so liquidators might be interested in the new fangled Online Marketing Services - running same business on same contracts with same Director ??
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

That last page, before the signature, does make it a term of the agreement that staffbenefits.co.uk is" promoted to the staff via their intranet" - so if you can get something from the Bucks NHS trust ( if it is they) saying they don't promote staffbenefits.co.uk on their intranet then that would be a breach of contract.

And I'd like to see Mr Martin try taking an NHS trust to court over the agreement he seems to be getting signed by the NHS trusts.
                      Unfortunately I've had a response from Bedfordshire NHS Trust that confirms the link is on their intranet:

As I understand it, somewhere along the line we have set up a link with them. But certainly no contractual agreement.

We have a log-in for staff to use to access the website and their link is on our intranet, however I have no information about what the take up of log-ins would be.

We certainly do not encourage staff to sign up, display offers on our intranet or actively promote their services.

I cannot speak for all businesses but I would say that what they are asking is probably unreasonable and should be avoided. However in terms of legal avenues against them, I would say that what they are saying is technically correct.

I have cancelled the standing order and put a block on it.

Debating calling ActionFraud but at the moment I'm not entirely sure how to position this, what to say, etc. Feeling rather lost and confused with it all!

Comment

Originally posted by StaffBenefitsLOL View Post
                        Scans of contracts with private information redacted. Thoughts?

You won't believe the amount of relief that washed over me when I found that I wasn't the only one, and this has been ongoing for a number of years. Just kicking myself I didn't read this damn contract before signing, or do just a little more scratching at the surface prior to the meeting.
                        They’re horrendous. HMRC have confirmed it’s a dormant company and should not be trading.
                        i feel so stupid for getting sucked in.

Comment

Is it beds and bucks ? Just as your contract seems to be for Bucks ... worth checking with them too?

Can you log in to staff benefits? does your advert show ? Presumably they don’t provide any stats of clicks/ views on your advert? Is your advert including a link to your business website - can you see referrals in via your own analytics ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Is it beds and bucks ? Just as your contract seems to be for Bucks ... worth checking with them too?

Can you log in to staff benefits? does your advert show ? Presumably they don’t provide any stats of clicks/ views on your advert? Is your advert including a link to your business website - can you see referrals in via your own analytics ?
                            whats your email address? I will send you my log in so you can see how awful it is.

Comment

http://www.buckshealthcare.nhs.uk/About/about.htm
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

thank you xxx
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 6th November 2017, 18:36:PM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X