• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    I must admit I did send a copy of my award letter from the DWP to some, it did seem to work.

Providing the Notice of assignment is a moot point but I believe they should provide it even if redacted. I know PT2537 agreed with that (unless he was humouring me as he knows I do not have the proverbial pot)
    There is no issue with the notice of assignment or any reason why it should be redacted, what PT was referring to was the deed of assignment which could include other accounts purchased at the same time and other commercially sensitive information regarding a contract between two parties not including the defendant. If I remember correctly, it was the judge who agreed with that idea. :grin:

I think a problem is that they can probably be able to get away with sending the documents after you put in your defence unless you had requested an extension and stay but that area is not my best area.
    The can send the documents at any time, regardless of whether an extension was agreed or not, and there's a case that had been stayed for months because the claimant had not replied to the defence, they've now supplied the documents (well, at least some of them).

The problem with relying purely on ss77-79 CCA issues is that non-compliance doesn't make the account irredeemably unenforceable, the breach can be rectified at any time. Of course there will always be some claimants who can't obtain any documents from the original lender who no longer has an interest in the account and have to be discontinued. ray:

I know getting a CCJ is a pain but they will lose out, lets face it it will take them 10 years to get the fees back at which point you could possily stop paying and they would be stuffed
    A CCJ can have more or less impact depending on your circumstances. In some cases, you may even lose your job or not be able to find another one for six years whilst it's on record. On the other hand, there are many people who are not affected by them at all, they just pay whatever they can every month, it can be as little as £1 a month as long as the instalments are agreed with the court and backed with an income and expenditure statement. :thumb:

Comment

Re: Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2

I'll send them my DWP award forms and explain (for the nth time) that they have little chance of ever recovering their court fees let alone the sum claimed for. See what they come back with. A CCJ won't affect me in the slightest. I have 5 recent defaults, over 12k of debts and DCAs chasing left right and centre. This is the first court proceedings I've had though.

Tbh, if I did get a CCJ i'd probably be in a position whereby a Debt Relief Order would sort me out. Would still be 6 years of no access to further debt (via a good credit file) and save all the hassle of further imminent court claims :tea:.

When you're so deep in the s**t, it actually becomes easier to wave two fingers at the lot of them (DCAs). They can try their best, but they can't squeeze me for what I haven't got. It might seem like a really odd thing to say, but I actually quite enjoy dealing with these parasites just to see what dirty move they try to pull next!

Comment

Thanks FP, I did indeed mean the Deed of assignment . The original ruling relied on was made by Lord Denning and although it is an idea put forward by the FMOTL movement whose ideas are in most part dangerous I was assured by someone who is respected and works in this field that they do have a legal basis.

Highwire, I agree with you that to a great extent once you take control of your debts and stop being intimidated by the creditors it is empowering . I will admit I have written the odd letter that were probably best left unwritten and I would not want them to be shown in court , I think I called one manager at a recently purchased large debt purchaser a ****wit , true but hardly professional . I also believe that where court action is concerned creditors go for the easy pickings, those with assets, those that completely ignore them etc although I do know people who do ignore them.
        Best of luck and I hope it works out for you, if we can help further just shout

Comment

So I emailed them my most recent letter from DWP today confirming my benefit entitlements and what I get paid a week.... SLL emailed me straight back stating that my 'evidence was outdated' and that it is their understanding that I am currently employed. WTF!!

The letter I sent them is dated May this year, how are they taking this to mean that I am by some miracle now employed?! They go on to ask me to come to a payment arrangement with my surplus income. I think they may be slightly retarded, bless them.

I've lost all patience with this lot now. I can't wait to see what a judge makes of them. My witness statement is quite brutal and includes all their unlawful threats (they told me a bailiff could break in to recover goods if I didn't settle their judgement against me!) - What judgement, it hasn't been heard in court yet!!
          :juge:

Comment

I would give the DWP a call and ask them for a current entitlement letter. Also once you have a court date get another one for the judge. He might have words to say to them
            Last edited by jon1965; 14th July 2015, 09:52:AM. Reason: Bloody autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by highwire View Post
              So I emailed them my most recent letter from DWP today confirming my benefit entitlements and what I get paid a week.... SLL emailed me straight back stating that my 'evidence was outdated' and that it is their understanding that I am currently employed. WTF!!

The letter I sent them is dated May this year, how are they taking this to mean that I am by some miracle now employed?! They go on to ask me to come to a payment arrangement with my surplus income. I think they may be slightly retarded, bless them.

I've lost all patience with this lot now. I can't wait to see what a judge makes of them. My witness statement is quite brutal and includes all their unlawful threats (they told me a bailiff could break in to recover goods if I didn't settle their judgement against me!) - What judgement, it hasn't been heard in court yet!!
              I would make a formal request to SLL as a separate matter over the allegations that you are lying requiring
              them to disclose where they are getting this information.
              Mr RS Shah used to be the king pin at SLL so take it to him personally.
              nem

Comment

Whatever their understanding is, has very little relevance in court, it's all about facts, not opinions.

:sad:

That sort of threat should be reported to the FCA, they don't act for you personally but will consider such reports when it comes to renewing consumer credit licenses. I would have thought that goes against the principles set out here: https://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/7/3

A firm must treat customers in default or in arrears difficulties with forbearance and due consideration.

Examples of treating a customer with forbearance would include the firm doing one or more of the following, as may be relevant in the circumstances:

(1) considering suspending, reducing, waiving or cancelling any further interest or charges (for example, when a customer provides evidence of financial difficulties and is unable to meet repayments as they fall due or is only able to make token repayments, where in either case the level of debt would continue to rise if interest and charges continue to be applied);

Comment

Thanks, will do. The hearing is in just over 4 weeks... I could presumably just show the judge my bank statements showing my benefits if absolutely necessary. Hopefully the DWP send out confirmation letters on request just in case.

I will report them to the FCA again. Ravi Shah is the person I've been dealing with. He has complete dismissal for everything I send to him. It's like a parrot's conversation back and forth with mind numbing repetition -
                  - "Pay me"
                  - "You haven't proved my liability to you and either way I have no money"
                  - "Pay me"
                  - "You haven't proved my liability to you and either way I have no money"-
                  - "Pay me"

And so on and so forth
                  Last edited by highwire; 13th July 2015, 19:28:PM.

Comment

Thanks, will do. The hearing is in just over 4 weeks... I could presumably just show the judge my bank statements showing my benefits if absolutely necessary. Hopefully the DWP send out confirmation letters on request just in case.

I will report them to the FCA again. Ravi Shah is the person I've been dealing with. He has complete dismissal for everything I send to him. It's like a parrot's conversation back and forth with mind numbing repetition -
                    - "Pay me"
                    - "You haven't proved my liability to you and either way I have no money"
                    - "Pay me"
                    - "You haven't proved my liability to you and either way I have no money"-
                    - "Pay me"

And so on and so forth
                    Mr Shah is a one man band basically I have had " experiences" with him over the years, at one point not to long ago a company check showed he had left the board a short time later he " joined" the board again I trust him not.

What professional Debt Collection has the company " owner" shouting down the phone " pay me".

Any info you think relevant re his behaviour and the conduct of his business should be reported to the FCA " for information".

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Mr Shah is a one man band basically I have had " experiences" with him over the years, at one point not to long ago a company check showed he had left the board a short time later he " joined" the board again I trust him not.

What professional Debt Collection has the company " owner" shouting down the phone " pay me".

Any info you think relevant re his behaviour and the conduct of his business should be reported to the FCA " for information".

nem
                      Thanks nem. I'd love to hear some of your experiences with the man. I've also dealt with Mark Bryant who seems slightly more human but still completely dismissive of the laws and regulations they are bound by. There is only one way to describe this outfit, and that is COWBOYS.

There is not one shred of professionalism with this lot. Apparently they operate from a Portacabin yet claim to have over '50,000 customers'. They also claim to 'help customers become debt free', yet their registered company name is Safe Loans Limited, a payday lender. A conflict of interest that a judge should know about too me thinks :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Shah and Bryant a poor double act and really need reporting to the FCA for their appalling conduct.
                        A poacher turned gamekeeper of the worst sort.

I think he's toned down his approach somewhat of late!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Shah and Bryant a poor double act and really need reporting to the FCA for their appalling conduct.
                          A poacher turned gamekeeper of the worst sort.

I think he's toned down his approach somewhat of late!!

nem
                          Check out the event history of 'Simpsons Legal Limited' - http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08...-LEGAL-LIMITED

The double act are up to something fishy here as well. They've also ceased trading from Safeloans Limited, yet that website redirects to 'Mr Lender' another payday lender. Got their filthy mitts in many pies.

Comment

Check out the event history of 'Simpsons Legal Limited' - http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08...-LEGAL-LIMITED

The double act are up to something fishy here as well. They've also ceased trading from Safeloans Limited, yet that website redirects to 'Mr Lender' another payday lender. Got their filthy mitts in many pies.
                            I know I beginning to wonder how they are getting away with all this.
                            The ins and outs of the board make interesting reading on both " companies".

nem

Comment

You can ask the DWP to provide you with a letter stating you are on receipt of benefits, you should be able to get one printed out for you at the Jobcentre. :typing:

Having said that, being in receipt of benefits is not really a defence to the claim, the claimant can still obtain judgment if the judge finds the agreement, the assignment, etc. are all kosher. The court can't order you to pay what you haven't got but you could still get a CCJ, even if you only pay £1/month towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                                You can ask the DWP to provide you with a letter stating you are on receipt of benefits, you should be able to get one printed out for you at the Jobcentre. :typing:

Having said that, being in receipt of benefits is not really a defence to the claim, the claimant can still obtain judgment if the judge finds the agreement, the assignment, etc. are all kosher. The court can't order you to pay what you haven't got but you could still get a CCJ, even if you only pay £1/month towards it.
                                Thanks FP. I understand being on benefits is not a defence. I'm merely trying to get the fact across to SLL that even if they obtain judgement, it's unlikely they'll get their court fees back, let alone the sum claimed.

As previously stated, a CCJ won't affect me but I'll fight the claim based on it's weak merits, breaches of CPR 16, 18, and 31.14, and their numerous breaches of the FCA regulations. Plus, if I do win, they'll be ordered to pay my witness fees and expenses..!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X