• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2

btw the Deed of assignment is a GOODF thing...so I really wouldn't be pinning all your defence on the lack of disclosure / inspection of the deed of assignement.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Court Claim - SLL Capital Limited / Full Pocket Ltd (dissolved in 2014) - 20-3-2

Originally posted by highwire View Post
      SLL have made frequent reference to the LEGAL ASSIGNMENT of the account from Full Pocket to themselves. Thus, by law a Deed of Assignment is required.

They sent me 3 default notices. 2 by email and 1 by post. They are all pretty much the same except the one by post also looks like a parking ticket and makes reference to obtaining a default judgement against me should I not pay up within 7 day (not legally possible and this a threatening demand for money).

Here is the default notice I received by email...

What is the 'time stated in the hard copy' of that default notice ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        something like this one - http://s224.photobucket.com/user/vjo...anked.jpg.html

Photo is fine (blank out your address and personal info)

It probably is fine but always worth checking.
        Sorry, completely forgot I had a pdf version. I couldn't open it on my laptop but can on this pc... I've attached it below.

Also might be worth noting that the agreement is not signed by name. It says there is a tick box but there isn't. It just has time and date next to 'signature' but no name.
        Attached Files

Comment

When was this DN issued only when requested or did you receive this prior
          to the claim?
          The DN is compliant as far as I can see.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Obvious question did you have time to remedy the default?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            btw the Deed of assignment is a GOODF thing...so I really wouldn't be pinning all your defence on the lack of disclosure / inspection of the deed of assignement.
            I agree the chances of a faulty assignment given that this debt was sold by the lawful administrators of a liquidated company are very, very small.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              When was this DN issued only when requested or did you receive this prior
              to the claim?
              The DN is compliant as far as I can see.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Obvious question did you have time to remedy the default?

nem
              They issued the default notice after a formal complaint made to them. I complained that they were making demands for money without any proof of claim (this was weeks prior to them retrieving and sending me the credit agreement). They also made numerous false legal determinations such as obtaining a default judgement (not even possible when i told them I would defend).

Btw, does anyone know the definitive answer as to whether DCA's are permitted to serve their own default notices? Most people including the FCA advisor I spoke to said no they cannot. I have always been under the impression that only the original provider of consumer credit may issue/serve a default notice.

Comment

This particular debt is different from the run of the mill ones, it has been sold by the liquidators of the loan company as a " live " account
                probably with many hundreds of others, the debt purchaser inherits the right and obligations of the original credit agreement and is the beneficial owner of the debt.
                It "seems" a compliant DN was issued and not complied with.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  This particular debt is different from the run of the mill ones, it has been sold by the liquidators of the loan company as a " live " account
                  probably with many hundreds of others, the debt purchaser inherits the right and obligations of the original credit agreement and is the beneficial owner of the debt.
                  It "seems" a compliant DN was issued and not complied with.

nem
                  So my issue is, I receive a NoA out of the blue, I request proof of claim which they refuse to supply... they then make numerous threats and serve a default notice before sending the credit agreement and statement of account. They then submit a court claim prior to sending the credit agreement.

Only after receiving my defence did they bother sending me the credit agreement. They were also made aware of the fact I was on benefits therefore had no disposable income to pay.

By the sounds of it, you reckon I should throw in the towel and offer £1/month or see it through and let the judge order that? If they get judgement and a payment plan is agreed, will I still get a CCJ on my credit file?

ALSO, SLL have another separate account in my name from a lender called Access Fast Money, however that credit agreement does not permit the account to be passed, sold or assigned to any third parties. I'll fight that one when I get the claim form!

Comment

Yes, if they get judgment with a payment plan you will still have a CCJ on your file.

I think others have come round to where I was thinking we were back in post 8.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                      Yes, if they get judgment with a payment plan you will still have a CCJ on your file.

I think others have come round to where I was thinking we were back in post 8.
                      Hmmm, well I guess I'll take my chances. I have absolutely nothing to lose. I have 4 defaults on my credit file already so it's completely shot. When the banks finally sell my defaulted accounts I'll be facing further CCJs again.

I was contemplating a debt relief order last year but then a lot of my accounts were written off. If I do get a fresh CCJ, that'll screw my credit file for another 6 years so a DRO would probably make sense.

Comment

if you have the pdf of the full lot can you email me it pls ? admin@legalbeagles.info

tick boxes are ok (irritatingly)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

There is no way of removing all of my personal details from a pdf and I'm not comfortable sending this through email. They seem to have themselves covered so I may just have to admit defeat with this one

Comment

Update:

I received a call from the mediation service who explained that the claim is not suitable for mediation due to insufficient documentation from the claimant... they said they will refer it back to the court for direction.

Anyone know what this really means and what happens next?

Comment

Re above.. can anyone advise what is likely to happen next?

Comment

Originally posted by highwire View Post
                                Update:

I received a call from the mediation service who explained that the claim is not suitable for mediation due to insufficient documentation from the claimant... they said they will refer it back to the court for direction.

Anyone know what this really means and what happens next?
                                That is quite sensible of them. It will now be sent over to your local court, so you should get a notice that it has been allocated, then you should get a letter from your local court with directions on, and possibly a hearing date

If your defence asked for specific documents the court may order those to be produced before going to a hearing.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X