• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin & Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin & Cabot

Ive uploaded the letters

I have checked my credit file....it shows Cabot reporting the Default...but no date when they assigned this debt

I think I have to wait for the Courts and the Solicitors to provide the info
    I have never recd post from Cabot ...Marlin wrote to me the same day Mortimer
    did

I do not know anything about 40 days or 12+2 nobody has mentioned that to me only the Court saying they have 28 days

Do i need to action anything?
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry about the 12+2 or 40 days.

12+2 is the time in which the claimant has to respond to your CCA request before the debt becomes unenforceable ( so you're okay there)
      40 days is the time which Cabot usually tell people it takes to get the CCA documents.
      40 days is also the maximum time they can take to respond to your SAR data protection act request.

Just concentrate on the 28 days, if you get nothing from claimant or court by about day 35 then telephone the court and ask them if the claim is stayed.

If it is we can look at applying to strike out the claim.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Right, they are sending you that 4th December letter which you didn't receive as it negates a bit of your defence

We can, however, confirm that the agreement:-
        1. relates to a credit card held with Citifinancial;
        2. was dated 24/tO/L994;
        3. bore the number
        4. was terminated on 29lOL/2vtv.

(excuse numbers that's copy and paste from PDF )

So for example if your defence says you don't know what the debt is, now you know it is CitiFinancial, from 1994 etc.

So lets look at the defence and see if you need to amend. Do we have a copy of your defence anywhere?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

28 December 2010
          Northampton County Court
          4th Floor St Katherine’s House
          21-27 St Katherine’s Street
          Northampton
          NN1 2LH

Dear District Judge
          Claim No

I enclose my completed response.

Please note the following
          I wrote to CITI on 13 August 2010 requesting information. (Page 1)

They responded on the 20 September 2010 advising they have no application on file under this account number quoted on this claim form.
          (Page 2)
          I received a letter from the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. Ref

See enclosed reply dated 28th November 2014. They have not replied to my letter but just issued court proceedings against me and did not reply to this letter. Page 3

I am in counselling for my debts and I have not ignored them and I have a CCJ for Ł1 per month. All other debtors have accepted Ł1 per month.
          I have never received a letter from Cabot saying they owe this debt and I have been paying CITI since 2010 my minimum payment and I have never missed one payment. Nor have I received a letter from CITI telling me they have sold my debt to Debt Collectors. Therefore I have only paid CITI direct.

I received a letter from Marlin telling me that Cabot had passed the debt to Marlin Debt Collection Agency and there solicitors would write to me and I responded. Page 4

In summary I have letter from CITI saying they have no application form for the account quoted.
          No letter from CITI telling me a debt is being sold to Cabot.
          No letter from CABOT
          A LETTER FROM MARLIN advising they own the debt passed from Cabot
          No reply to my letter to Solicitors.
          Finally a court summons against me from Cabot who advised they have passed the debt on.

See Enclosed

I am on a low income and receive benefits. I do not have any savings or receive any other income.

Comment

Ps
            ive checked the payment history...with credit file
            i have sent approx 450 since 2010..,. However the credit file is showing payments of 750. So I don't know who is updating the info
            they do not up date it monthly"...... Very strange

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry1234 View Post
              thanks for explaining... I misunderstood...I thought...they would show on my credit file forever as I was paying each month keeping it alive...
              I'm. Never going to be able to settle my debtors nor could I go bankcrupt
              i will just have to be the PoundLady,!'
              :tung:

Just a thought ! If you can keep the cost of sending the Ł1 to Ł0, SO / Bank Transfer then you sending the Ł1 is likely to cost your creditors all of that Ł1 or at least most of it. in their costs.

I sometimes wonder why they bother with these very small payments. This is especially true of debtors who are on state pension so the amount available for debt payments is not going to increase.
              Last edited by spirit2534; 22nd January 2015, 09:33:AM. Reason: spotted errors

Comment

Which CRA are you using Lowry?

Comment

Noddle

Comment

I know where your coming from..., does that mean thou...they are not going to go through with the c c j ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry1234 View Post
                      Noddle
                      Noddle uses "2nd hand " data from it's parent Call Credit and is not always up to date.

nem

Comment

I keep reading about a novatio order does the dca have to show one to the court

Comment

I called court today as advised by Sharon they advised the following the claimant requested a copy of my defence ( I advised the court
                          they have a copy of the defence as they wrote a letter to me direct acknowledging the defenceŁ it is now out of date...however the court are working on papers 28th so they are five days behind...
                          unless I hear from the court again take it that the claim has been stayed and they will have to apply to,have it lifted. The only time I should hear from the court is to complete questionnaire ....otherwise sleep well

she advised just leave it stayed don't worry about having it struck out
                          not many people do this they leave it stayed
                          do peeps agree let it be...I have not heard from sols
                          thanks

Comment

the court advised " just leave it stayed " ???? " dont worry about having it struck out not many people do this they leave it stayed " ????

not sure the court should be saying this !!! not sure if i agree with the courts " advice " either ?

Comment

This is why I'm asking the experts on this fab site. What I need to do.?

Comment

Some people prefer to leave it on hold in the court system, most do. It just means if they can find the documents they can pick things up again at some point in the future - they will though have to apply to the court and show good reason for leaving it on hold for goodness knows how long. If it is struck out or discontinued they can't come back so that's then end of it.

It is a tough call, poke the sleeping dragon and get it over with, or leave it be, get on with life and hope they don't try again.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X