• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin & Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin & Cabot

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
    A default falls off the credit files after 6 years and is gone for good.
    CCJs are different and although they also fall off after 6 years, they stay on the registry of judgments until they are fully settled.
    Actually, they also disappear off the registry: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...stay-on-record

County court judgment records: how long CCJs stay on record

County court judgments (CCJs) stay on the register for six years. The judgment will be removed if it’s paid within a month – if paid later, you can have it marked as satisfied.

County court judgments: The six year limit

Details of county court judgments remain on the register for six years from the date of judgment, unless the judgment is set aside, or the amount is paid in full within one month (see below).

Comment

Originally posted by Lowry1234 View Post
      :wub:
      more than happy to pay the £1 standing order ....
      for ever and ever....
      it would have been better if the other cc took me to court
      then they could all have a £1 a month by standing order
      You can also set up a standing order to repay debts where no CCJ has been recorded.
      Originally posted by Lowry1234 View Post
      although the defaults and ccj fall off the credit register does the debt still show on the agency record as its still live by paying the £1

Thanks for your time in replying to me.
      No, the debt is only "live" for limitation purposes, i.e. not statute barred, however, they drop off the credit files 6 years after the default is recorded, regardless of whether you pay anything into it or not. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        You can also set up a standing order to repay debts where no CCJ has been recorded.
        I do not have an agreement I just worked out what I can afford sent it my debtors monthly...nobody chases me...
        I have three Barclay cards they do not contact me, I've paid my £1 for the last 4yrs. ...no contact ever from them or debt collectors!!'!
        if I stop paying they will be coming after me...

the only one that pops up now and then is Cabot now. marlin like I said I've never written or responded to them

No, the debt is only "live" for limitation purposes, i.e. not statute barred, however, they drop off the credit files 6 years after the default is recorded, regardless of whether you pay anything into it or not. :thumb:
        thanks for explaining... I misunderstood...I thought...they would show on my credit file forever as I was paying each month keeping it alive...
        I'm. Never going to be able to settle my debtors nor could I go bankcrupt
        i will just have to be the PoundLady,!'

Comment

Court claim form received without a response to letter temp plate sent as advised by VIP flameout. I have never had any dealings with Cabot nor letter or assignment saying they bought the debt? Advised best course of action to respond to Northampton CC center....

Comment

If you received a court claim and want to start a new thread in this forum please complete this form and read THIS POST about your first steps

Guidance and Templates can be found HERE
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update :
              letter recd from Mortimer clarke
              axknowledging my court defence
              enc copy of letter they say was sent O4.12 2014. This is not a copy of a letter I never recd why I wrote to them with my request it's just been written up and is not on their headed mote paper
              they request I should set up a dd/so and payments shld be made to the sols.
              they say they have requested copies of the ccA and deed of assignment
              do they need also to show
              that that Citi can sell my info on in their terms and conditions and name the third party...to who have they have sold
              also do they have to provide a copy of the novation order also
              i have not heard back from Northampton the 28 days finishes on the 30th which may be stayed
              why are the sols asking for me to set up a Dd/standing order when they have issued court papers

what should I do ?

Comment

All credit card providers Citi included have a clause in the agreement regarding selling or assigning accounts to 3rd parties.
                There is really no point in that approach imo.
                A notice of assignment from the original creditor and or the debt purchaser/DCA is what happens.
                Seems like you have been sent an Office Copy of a letter, which will not be on headed paper.
                It's called leading to believe you have no chance of defending the claim, so set up a DD now""

What do Cabot actually say about the CCA Request? Anything about having 40 days to comply with the request?

Comment

Nothing from Cabot..only sols. Saying they having requested the ccA and deed nothing about 40 days. The letter they say they sent is dated the 4th dec..... So that would mean we are on 48 days....

Comment

Looks better that the sols are not claiming to have more than the 12 +2 working days to get the CCA.

Comment

I've had no contact with Cabot ...they sent a letter saying marlin own the debt ..which is the sister/same company.....
                      court papers in Cabot v meeeeeeeee

Comment

I don't know what that means to ME sols 12 + 2. Do I need to post up the letters from them

Comment

moved to court claims section xx Just looking for other thread to merge. Is it this one ? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...617#post507617
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yes this is the one
                            have i uploaded the letters correctly
                            Attached Files

Comment

that one is fine xx

mortimer 2.pdf

Bit of a pointless letter really isn't it.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

So basically you are waiting to see if the court/claimant respond to you after putting in your defence.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X