• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pra group taking me court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pra group taking me court

PRA GROUP are taking me to court. I requested the cca in october but they are still proceeding with the claim. Have sent the CPR 31.14 and CPR18 but no reply . Dont know who to do the SAR request to as i dont know lloyds tsb address as it was 2003
    Tags: None

After reading the cca request doesnt stand up in court not sure if i have a leg to stand on as i cant even say its statue barred as my last payment was april 2016. The court claim that came through was after i asked my for my cca so i dont know if that helps and my account was put on hold.

Comment

court proceeding continue, read threads you will get the way things pan out, at a later stage they will have to produce etc you have asked for CPR31.14 ok, but also CPR18???

give more details:- have you acknowledged the court on MCOL ? and stated tend to defend? date court N1 issued you have a time limit to respond?
      Read:-

Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence

Last edited by MIKE770; 13th January 2019, 11:24:AM. Reason: ADDENDUM

Comment

yes they received my defence online but because i only put cca requested in october and now asking for other documents i didnt quite defend myself propetly. so i wrote to the court to ask if i was able to send more detail on my defence they told me to write to them with the case number and heading further evidence in which i did but nothing is showing up online

Comment

i havent done a sar letter because the account number with the three other letters from other debt collectors are different to this account number and i dont know what the address of lloyds tsb is and which account number do i use

Comment

i wrote both Cpr 31.14 and cpr 18 because i wasnt sure which one is right because someone said cpr18 if under 10000.

Comment

i think i mucked up so now not sure what to do

Comment

no ok have asked others to pop in here ok?

Comment

ok thankyou very much

Comment

also on the claim form it doesnt say how much the lian was for it just says i entered an agreement on the 29/10/2003 with lloyds bank. but it was lloyds tsb then and on the letter they sent me they said it was on or about the 29th october 2003. they also said it was
                    assigned to them on 29/06/2018 but i got a letter from them on the 4th september saying they purchased it so there is two different dates. when i put my defence in they sent me a letter saying my account is on hold and then on the 8th jan 2019 they sent me a letter to tell me they are writing to the court to proceed with the claim

Comment

i meant loan

Comment

dont suppose if anyone can help when northampton county cour business centre told me i could put in extra defence headed as further evidince i difnt know i had to send this to the claimant and now i found out i cant even have it struck out as they didnt send me the documents because all mt defence has been put in. looks like i am going to lose already.

Comment

Hi there, just having read of the thread, apologies for your thread being missed xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay

What have you entered as your defence ? If you can paste it that'd be good.

You sent a CCA request before they issued the court claim but you are concerned it isn't valid? Can you post a copy of what you sent - did you include a £1 payment with the request ?

The debt is with Lloyds TSB originally - opened 2003 and last payment April 2016. The debt is a loan ? Was it defaulted and then you continued making token/lower arranged payments for some time ? ( just as a loan would usually be less than 10 years - unless it was a secured loan ? )

How much is the claim for?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i am out at the moment but yes i sent the £1 postsl order and they sent me it back as a goodwill gesture and then i got a letter saying the accounr was on hold with a dispute refetence. when it apparently defaulted in 2008i was with a DMP so i wouldnt of known. it was an unsecured loan. The claim is for 6,031. I phoned the county court business today and they told me they have given the further evidence over to them and they are still waiting on them to reply. I have been on my credit file with clearscore and noddle nothing shows up

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X