• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pra group taking me court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will post the documents on line when i get back

Comment

the default was in 2007 but i cant post online because my computer isnt letting me its asking for the URL

Comment

Email me if you like - admin@legalbeagles.info - if you want to try again to upload, after clicking the paperclip you want to select UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS not UPLOAD FROM URL -> there's a little bit of guidance here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-and-documents - but it can be tricky particularly from mobile.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

defence for leagle beagles.docx this is the further evidence for defence i sent the county court Sorry i took my time getting back to you. The children are on the computer doing their homework. i think the cca request is on the laptop as i cant find it on here.so i will look on there The claim disputed in 2007 not 2008 as i thought and they said they sent me a letter of assignment in june but the letter i got was in september saying they purchased the debt. It was definitely an unsecured loan because i didnt have collateral and was only working 20 hours a week

Comment

Okay the defence looks pretty standard.
            In your other thread did you say they had sent you a copy of the original loan agreement after you'd submitted your defence?
            Was there a dispute on the loan account before it defaulted or was it simply a case of a change of circumstances making it unaffordable?
            Also
            looking on the statement where it says the debt written off then straight after its got ccd rebate by cash and interest put on that
            they've sent you a statement with the agreement? The Debt Write Off is likely the date it was sold to PRA - not sure about the 'ccd rebate by cash' bit though. Any chance of a pic of that? and of the agreement they send too.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i will be home in a little while just got to drop something off so i will try to upload the photos on the computer and send them the debt must of been written off when i was with a dmp because i was having problems financially

Comment

Okay. We'll see with the statement.

Who was your DMP provider ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

debt free me

Comment

These were the documents i was sent but interested in the statements where one was a telegraphic transfer and the other one as i said was written off and then a ccd rebate put in by cash which i originally thought it said 6 thousand and something but it says 8 thousand and something
                    Attached Files

Comment

I received all this Saturday 26/01/2019. So it was after the court claim was put through. Thinking about copying the statements and passing them over to the financial ombudsmen because something doesn't look right they say my debt is written off and then the debt is back on there and arrears in cheques in which i don't understand and then its got my direct debit payments so not sure what to do because they have my signature on the cca and i have less than 28 days now to respond

Comment

Any idea what ccd rebate is ? I think it's a consumer credit directive rebate, for an early settlement...
                        Early settlement and partial early settlement

Under the CCA a debtor can settle his agreement at any time before the expiry date. In doing so, he may get a rebate to reduce what would otherwise have been the cost of the payments not yet due. The relevant regulations under the CCA set out an actuarial formula to calculate the rebate.
                        which makes sense it being on the same day as the two write off amounts ( which I'm assuming one is for the loan element and one is for the PPI element )

It was a 7 year loan ( 84 months ) and opened in Oct 2003 so that takes you to Oct 2010 so it was definately written off early ( Dec 09 ) so by about 2 years 10 months, so it does seem there was quite a large amount of arrears if the contractual monthly payments were £208. Total amount payable around £17k ?(can't make it out on the agreement ) - at the write off date there should have been only about £7k remaining so there were some arrears.

It doesn't seem to be write off due to selling the account as the claimant weren't assigned the debt till June 2018. So I think it is related to your DMP somehow so needs looking at.

"Debt Free Me" part of the Moneyplus group? When did you sign up with them and when did the plan end ( April 2016 ? )
                        I think it may be worth sending a SAR to Moneyplus for everything held from your time with "Debt Free Me" particularly covering the period December 2007. Do you know exactly what you signed up for with them? I think Moneyplus took over Debt Free Me in 2009 so it might not be available. Do you know if they did a reclaim on the PPI at all ?

Also - did you do a SAR to Lloyds ? That may well be worthwhile too to figure out what happened. Subject Access Request Letter
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think i went went with debt free me late 2007. I stayed with them until 2013 because cabot wrote to me asking if i wanted a reduction on a credit card which debt free was sorting out as well and because i wasnt getting anywhere with deb free me and nothing was happening i ventured on my own and started sorting it out myself. I managed to get a huge reduction on the credit card and they let me have three years to pay it but i havent had much luck with the loan. I wasnt allowed a IVA apparently because the credit card and the loan was with the same company. I did ask ask about a ppi reclaim but they didnt want to know they just wanted to see if i could pay anymore

Comment

it says on the claim form i defaulted on the 24/12/2007 which i never got a default letter with an outstanding balance of 8,350.17

Comment

Okay - can you send a SAR to Lloyds and to Moneyplus Group ( Debt Free Me ) please. Subject Access Request Letter

You can do Moneyplus by email at questions@moneyplus.com
                              Lloyds you can do on their site at https://apply.lloydsbank.co.uk/perso...10&prodType=GN

You signed up with DFM in 2007 so that probably correlates with the write off. So it's what that write off was, and what happened after - where payments went to etc.

Have PRA provided you with any statements up to the last payment in 2016 at all ? They didn't buy the debt till June 2018 so presumably the DMP payments were still going to Lloyds.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes i have all the statements up till 2016

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X