• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim Form letter for debt I don't owe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

NO, any communication with them should be in writing, what is written down can't lie.
    Totally agree............always have a verifiable paper trail.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Thank you for uploading that, it looks like we're okay as your witness statement and documents don't need to be filed until 14 days before the hearing. You do need to do a witness statement but it can wait till after the hearing fee has been paid.

So really you want to reply to that latest letter from the claimant telling them that you have previously reported it to action fraud and give them the reference number, you can also tell them that you had reported it to the catalogue way back when And tell them anything the catalogue co did at that time.
      Unfortunately I sent a SAR to BT which I got nothing back from and talking to BT customer service they were not allowed to give me information on the account or any help apart from sending the bill in question to the original address which I have a copy of anyway. The account is so old that they don't have any of the details. Therefore I don't have much to tell Lowell apart from the Ref number for the potential fraud.

Should I submit my witness statement to Lowell next? Not sure what else to do.

Comment

Get BT to respond in writing about your SAR. Because You are not the right person ( No records with your date of birth, your address or previous addresses et cetera) they can't send you all the data so they need to say that in a letter so that you can use it to back up that isnt your account. Basically the explanation they gave you on the phone asking if they can put that in writing to you.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Last Friday I received a letter saying that they are rescinding their claim against me. A big relief but anything else I should do now? Is it worth following up on my bill to charge them for expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by ilikecake View Post
            Last Friday I received a letter saying that they are rescinding their claim against me. A big relief but anything else I should do now? Is it worth following up on my bill to charge them for expenses?
            You could follow them up and ask them to pay for the costs you have incurred, but the last person we had on here who had got a costs order against a debt purchaser had a hell of a time getting them to actually pay it, so expect them to ignore you without an order.

It's not over until you get a Notice of discontinuance from the court sealed, they should serve you an unsealed copy when they file it with the court and until you have it you continue to adhere to all court deadlines.
            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X