• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim Form letter for debt I don't owe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Files

Experian - use MSE Credit Club for free access updated monthly
    Equifax - use Clearscore for free access updated monthly
    Callcredit - use Noddle for free access updated weekly

If you keep an eye across those three, it's free, and if anything odd pops up you'll be able to get it dealt with sharpish.
    Each of them have linked addresses etc so you should be able to see if this address in Stratford has got attached to you somehow and then make relevant complaints/disputes to the CRA's and whoevers reporting it to them.

If you can just do a pic of the letter they sent you it helps to form a response ( though I'm sure you're perfectly capable to do it yourself ) - you just want to say thanks for letter, no to the offer, the bill you've sent as evidence is simply not mine, not me, never lived there etc.... you can ask for DOB and full first name or any other evidence they feel they have that links you to that address )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for all the help, these guys should get fined for the aggressive fines they fling about willy nilly.

In the letter, would you state about charging them for any further costs incurred relating to this case?

Comment

You can say something like if the claim proceeds you will be asking the court to award costs to you..... Orrrr you could say you are considering an application to strike the claim out now you have the information and discovered that it is not, in fact, your debt at all.... and award you the costs of the application (£255 ) preperation and hearing etc ( just to see if that focuses them)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

See attached for the letter from Lowell.

Here's my draft letter:

Dear lowell and associates,

Thank you for you letter. I shall politely decline to consent to the attached Tomlin order. Having read the bill you attached, I can see that this is a case of mistaken identity as I have never lived in Stratford and have proof of where I lived around the time the bill was sent. If you choose to proceed with the hearing then please note that I shall be making a note of any time (at my hourly rate), expenses, time off work etc. associated with this case from this moment in time onward and shall be billing you for these after the hearing or when the case is resolved, this letter being the first instance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
          Dr Xxxxxx
          Attached Files

Comment

What do you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by ilikecake View Post
              What do you reckon?
              I'll give Amethyst a nudge for you.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Nudged

Actually before doing this letter, have you got that bill ? is it mobile or landline ?
                and did you check your credit file ? anything on there ?

Originally posted by start on edit

Dear Lowell Solicitors,

Claim: xxxxxxx - Lowell Portfolio I Limited v Dr xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 2 April 2019 in which you offer the opportunity of settlement under a Tomlin Order in order to bring the above referenced claim to an end. I do not intend to come to any settlement arrangement with your client until such time as they have provided the documentation and information requested regarding their claim.

With your letter you enclosed a copy of the bill on which you intend to rely in evidencing the sum claimed. I have some concerns regarding this. I have never resided at the address given on the bill ( xxxxxxx Stratford ) and I do not recognise the bill, address, account nor amount owed. I believe that your clients claim may be a case of mistaken identity or a tracing error.

As I have stated in my defence to the claim, it is denied that I have ever held any account with BT plc. I have, in the course of trying to obtain information about the claim, sent a Subject Access Request to BT Plc however I have been unable to pass any identity check with them and they have been unable to provide me with any information. I believe this is simply due to the fact that this is not my account and has nothing to do with me.

There are over 16,000 people in the UK with the same surname as myself, I suspect many have the same first initial, and there may even be some with the same date of birth. However I have no links whatsoever to the address that this account appears to have belonged to and your client has provided absolutely no further information to show where the account has come from or how it has come to be linked to me.

I do have evidence of my address from around the time of the bill provided if you should require such. Of course, had you provided a copy of this bill before issuing the claim in this case it would have been unecessary to have wasted the past 8 months dealing with this claim.

I respectfully suggest that your refer back to your clients to refer back to BT Plc and try to find out the actual owner of the account. I also suggest that they may prefer to discontinue the claim against me before any further costs are accrued.

If you choose to proceed with the hearing then please note that I shall be making a note of any time (at my hourly rate), expenses, time off work etc. associated with this case from this moment in time onward and shall be requesting such costs be awarded against your client.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
                Dr Xxxxxx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks

Did you want me to upload the bill? Looks like a landline/broadband bill.

Credit files all look good, you can't look into specifics but had a good rating on Experian and Equifax.

Comment

On my Noddle account ( and others but screenshot of noddle ) I can see any linked / previous addresses ( I had to get my ex husbands new house removed grrr ) thus ....

25849858-12F9-4019-9FC4-03B78BF57ED1.jpeg
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Anyway, yes you can do - just redact your personal details...
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am pleased to find this post, as I am presently going through a duspite with Lowell regarding a fraud on myself, from who I'm almost certain was someone I received a court claim and when I rang 2 weeks ago , lowell actually asked if I'd lived at an address different to mine. The person I knew had , and when the catolougue concerned first sent me a demand back in 2013 I rang immediately and told tuetthis was nothing to do with me , they had asked if I'd lived at that different address. They advised me to contact Action Fraud,I did and told them the reference number. Thinking everything was ok , I did receive letters but the çatalougue told me it was ok . I received this court Claim andawas upset .
                        ​​i have asked Citizens Advice and await an appointment. Today Lowell have sent me a Directions Questionare as Community Law sent my defense claim form to the court. I really don't know what to do now , but I saw the letter here and think I should send that to lowell. They know that I didn't live at the address where the çatalougue was taken out, the solicitor at Community Law said that they used my address as billing and theirs as delivery address. Which is the case .
                        ​​​I saw on a Police Site that the creditor who is owed money is supposed to claim for fraud , and I tried to take out another action Fraud report as it is now not on their records, but they said they cannot take it due to the creditor needs to as they are owed the money .

​​​​

Comment

Did you pay for that Noddle service? I only get a score when I login

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Anyway, yes you can do - just redact your personal details...
                            I feel for you brother!

I'd start my own thread as that looks quite in depth then you can get personalised response

Comment

Originally posted by ilikecake View Post
                              Did you pay for that Noddle service? I only get a score when I login
                              Nope it's free ... are you getting this page ( this is on PC but the same options are in drop down menu on mobile )

2019-04-12 15_40_52-Start.png
                              If so you want to click on "My Credit Report" and then you get another menu .... on left on PC, in drop down on mobile..

2019-04-12 15_42_24-Start.png

and yip, my credit score is a bit pants.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Jessamine View Post
                                I am pleased to find this post, as I am presently going through a duspite with Lowell regarding a fraud on myself, from who I'm almost certain was someone I received a court claim and when I rang 2 weeks ago , lowell actually asked if I'd lived at an address different to mine. The person I knew had , and when the catolougue concerned first sent me a demand back in 2013 I rang immediately and told tuetthis was nothing to do with me , they had asked if I'd lived at that different address. They advised me to contact Action Fraud,I did and told them the reference number. Thinking everything was ok , I did receive letters but the çatalougue told me it was ok . I received this court Claim andawas upset .
                                ​​i have asked Citizens Advice and await an appointment. Today Lowell have sent me a Directions Questionare as Community Law sent my defense claim form to the court. I really don't know what to do now , but I saw the letter here and think I should send that to lowell. They know that I didn't live at the address where the çatalougue was taken out, the solicitor at Community Law said that they used my address as billing and theirs as delivery address. Which is the case .
                                ​​​I saw on a Police Site that the creditor who is owed money is supposed to claim for fraud , and I tried to take out another action Fraud report as it is now not on their records, but they said they cannot take it due to the creditor needs to as they are owed the money .

​​​​
                                I've started you a thread here Jessamine - https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...amine-v-lowell - so use that xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X