• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim Form letter for debt I don't owe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilikecake View Post

I feel for you brother!

I'd start my own thread as that looks quite in depth then you can get personalised response
    Hehe! Thanks I found it now

Comment

As an update to the above, I have sent Lowell proof of residence for the date of the bill and the year before. I now have to send the same to the court.

Would it be a good idea to send a covering letter stating that the whole case revolves around the similarity of the initial and surname with no signature etc. that along with the attached proof I feel that it would be a large waste of the court's time and to reconsider taking this to court?

Comment

Have you had a directions questionnaire from the court or is the claim stayed at the moment ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They sent directions to send the claimant and themselves copies of all the documents that I'll use in court.

Comment

I've just had a reply from Lowell re the letter I sent with copies of bank statements proving my residence and a bill for time taken.

They start by saying if I've been involved in a fraudulent situation please send them a crime reference number and the officer in charge. More like they're pinning their hopes on finding some poor sucker who'll pay after being bombarded with aggressive correspondence!

Then they ask if I would be willing to settle out of court on the above number.

Then they say that they don't recognise the bill I sent them. But they have a legitimate right to hold and process my data due to the balance owing to their client. Whatever that means.

I may call them but I imagine they'll ask for me to pay some money as a compromise which I'm loathed to pay.

Anyway, any guidance helpful as I'd rather this was over sooner than later.

Comment

They sent directions to send the claimant and themselves copies of all the documents that I'll use in court.
              Have you got a copy of that order ? Was it for witness statements? And if so have you sent a witness statement or did you just write a letter and send your bank statement and address details? And what's this 'bill for time taken' about?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Have you got a copy of that order ? Was it for witness statements? And if so have you sent a witness statement or did you just write a letter and send your bank statement and address details? And what's this 'bill for time taken' about?
                Yeah I have a copy of the order, did you want me to upload it? It did mention witness statements but I don't have any witnesses, just written proof of address at the time.

I sent them a copy of a year of bank statements at a different address at the time of the supposed debt to BT. I also sent them a bill for any further time taken as I've proven I'm not at the address they state so any time I spend on the case I shall bill to them from this point onward.

Comment

You are your own witness - but if you can do a pic of the order that'd be helpful just to check things are on track. If you can't upload here then email admin@legalbeagles.info
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks I'll upload it later

Comment

Sorry about the bad quality... I've attached the court order, there are a few more directional pages but this is the list of instructions.

Thanks

court order.pdf

Comment

Thank you for uploading that, it looks like we're okay as your witness statement and documents don't need to be filed until 14 days before the hearing. You do need to do a witness statement but it can wait till after the hearing fee has been paid.

So really you want to reply to that latest letter from the claimant telling them that you have previously reported it to action fraud and give them the reference number, you can also tell them that you had reported it to the catalogue way back when And tell them anything the catalogue co did at that time.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks. I have a few questions:

Who are the catalogue you mention in the last paragraph? Also, does Lowell pay the hearing fee?

The other question is that on point 2) it says the hearing will be heard at Bromley County Court but after point 14 it says the hearing of the claim with take place at the Royal Courts of Justice... I'm confused...

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say BT not catalogue xxx

Yes Lowell pay the hearing fee

I'd missed that about Bromley and the RCJ ... I'd give the court a call to check

096B2A1D-B7DA-4F29-B4AF-089F83AD3FCA.jpeg
                            110003DB-0371-4077-8018-5085CA598DEF.jpeg
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks. I've logged a case with action fraud and spoke with citizens advice (they recommend talking to a solicitor in case I miss something and get stung for all the fees if I somehow lose).

Is it worth calling Lowell as they state in the letter to talk it out?

Comment

Thanks. I've logged a case with action fraud and spoke with citizens advice (they recommend talking to a solicitor in case I miss something and get stung for all the fees if I somehow lose).

Is it worth calling Lowell as they state in the letter to talk it out?
                                NO, any communication with them should be in writing, what is written down can't lie.
                                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X