• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA group County Court Money Claim online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well they have a problem no doubt, see what court sends next

Comment

Hello

I received a letter and Small Claims Directions Questionnaire dated 21/10/21 from the County Court Business Centre.

On the first page it states;

" 1. This is now a defended claim.
      The defendant has filed a defence.
      2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.
      If you believe that this track is not appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.
      3. You must by 8 November 2021 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office (the County Court Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katherine's House...)
      and serve copies on all other parties. "

Please help! also should I send via email or via post- recorded delivery?

Thank you

Comment

Celestine

Comment

Bit odd that PRA want to proceed with claim despite not complying with your CCA/CPR requests. I suspect they are doing this because they know there are long delays in the courts currently and they'd rather risk it rumbling along than let it become 'stayed' (suspended indefinitely) for which they would have to pay further fees to lift the stay.
          What year was the original debt account opened, with who, credit card? loan?

The N180 allocation questionnaire you have received, you should complete and post back to court recorded delivery (in case they lose it). You can post a copy (regular post) to opponent if you're feeling kind but nothing bad will happen if you dont!
          Our guide to the questionnaire is here if you get stuck. https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...questionnaire/
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            Bit odd that PRA want to proceed with claim despite not complying with your CCA/CPR requests. I suspect they are doing this because they know there are long delays in the courts currently and they'd rather risk it rumbling along than let it become 'stayed' (suspended indefinitely) for which they would have to pay further fees to lift the stay.
            What year was the original debt account opened, with who, credit card? loan?

The N180 allocation questionnaire you have received, you should complete and post back to court recorded delivery (in case they lose it). You can post a copy (regular post) to opponent if you're feeling kind but nothing bad will happen if you dont!
            Our guide to the questionnaire is here if you get stuck. https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...questionnaire/
            Thank you for your advice. Should I tick the box to agree for mediation, although will be a pointless exercise?

The original debt was with my bank, Halifax, was not a loan though, only used them for credit. There is a little more to the story!

Not received CCA and CPR requests, only acknowledgements that my letter for requests were received in July, 2021.

Comment

Yes do tick that you agree to mediation - shows you are willing to resolve to the Jusge even if it achieves little in reality.

So, a credit card then? what year opened?
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes do tick that you agree to mediation - shows you are willing to resolve to the Jusge even if it achieves little in reality.

So, a credit card then? what year opened?
                Thank you! I have sent this recorded delivery today.

It was a bank I opened for credit around 2014.

Comment

Please help

It has been 2 years since I last heard from County Court regarding PRA's claim and have now received 2 letters dated 17/08/23 as follows;

"Notice of Transfer of Proceedings"

This states; "This claim has been transferred to the below County Court for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation...."

and "Directions Order"

Stating; " Before Deputy Judge Henley sitting at the County Court Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katherine's House, 21-27 St Katherine's Street, Northampton NN1 2LH.

It is ordered that:
                  1. Claim is re-instated
                  2. The case is transferred to.....County Court for allocation

Because this Order has been made on the application of a party without notice of the hearing being given, any other parties have the right to apply to have the Order set aside, varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and
                  a) the party making the application is the Defendant; and
                  b) the Defendant is an individual,
                  then upon the filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's home court. In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court. "

An "N244 Application notice" was attached dated 21/04/2023 by PRA. Under question 3, it states "What order are you asking the court to make and why?" PRA answered, "The Claimant is requesting relief from any sanctions for the delay in responding to the Court order dated 29 November 2021."

Under question 5, it states "How do you want to have this application dealt with?" PRA ticked "without a hearing".

Under question 10, it states, "What information will you be relying on, in support of your application?" PRA ticked "the evidence set out in the box below" and then add;

"The Claimant is requesting relief from any sanctions for the delay in responding to the Court order dates 29 November 2021. The Notice of Proposed Allocation to Track has to date not been received on this matter. Due to internal systems issues and office address change in September 2022m the matter was picked up for review recently and the Claimant would like to request that the claim be re-instated.
                  No disrespect was intended towards the Court.
                  We thank you for your assistance. "

I really do not understand how PRA's claim has been allowed to be reinstated?

How do I respond please?, I have never received CCA and CPR requests, only acknowledgements that my letter for requests were received in July, 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme2021 View Post

Thank you! I have sent this recorded delivery today.

It was a bank I opened for credit around 2014.
                    Please help

It has been 2 years since I last heard from County Court regarding PRA's claim and have now received 2 letters dated 17/08/23 as follows;

"Notice of Transfer of Proceedings"

This states; "This claim has been transferred to the below County Court for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation...."

and "Directions Order"

Stating; " Before Deputy Judge Henley sitting at the County Court Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katherine's House, 21-27 St Katherine's Street, Northampton NN1 2LH.

It is ordered that:
                    1. Claim is re-instated
                    2. The case is transferred to.....County Court for allocation

Because this Order has been made on the application of a party without notice of the hearing being given, any other parties have the right to apply to have the Order set aside, varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and
                    a) the party making the application is the Defendant; and
                    b) the Defendant is an individual,
                    then upon the filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's home court. In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court. "

An "N244 Application notice" was attached dated 21/04/2023 by PRA. Under question 3, it states "What order are you asking the court to make and why?" PRA answered, "The Claimant is requesting relief from any sanctions for the delay in responding to the Court order dated 29 November 2021."

Under question 5, it states "How do you want to have this application dealt with?" PRA ticked "without a hearing".

Under question 10, it states, "What information will you be relying on, in support of your application?" PRA ticked "the evidence set out in the box below" and then add;

"The Claimant is requesting relief from any sanctions for the delay in responding to the Court order dates 29 November 2021. The Notice of Proposed Allocation to Track has to date not been received on this matter. Due to internal systems issues and office address change in September 2022m the matter was picked up for review recently and the Claimant would like to request that the claim be re-instated.
                    No disrespect was intended towards the Court.
                    We thank you for your assistance. "

I really do not understand how PRA's claim has been allowed to be reinstated?

How do I respond please?, I have never received CCA and CPR requests, only acknowledgements that my letter for requests were received in July, 2021.

Comment

Celestine Can you please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                        Celestine Can you please advise.
                        I am very concerned that a response is required 7 days from service? If I need to respond, when would that be as received letters on 25/07/23?

Comment

Sorry I meant letters received 25/08/23

Comment

Originally posted by Justme2021 View Post
                            Sorry I meant letters received 25/08/23
                            I'm sure Celestine will respond when she can.

My take is you can 'have the Order (which is reinstating claim) set aside, varied or stayed'. There is a cost attached and you would need to fill in a N244, they haven't fulfilled your request for information CCA request etc. The only thing is, if they have it and send it to you then it could be counter productive.

The next step is that the Court will send you
                            'Notice of Proposed Allocation', that deals with mediation, providing you have received the requested documentation.

Comment

How very bizarre indeed. It seems the claim 'may' have been struck out but I'm not sure from the communications received how that has happened. The claim can't have been stayed because they opted to defend and you received the Directions Questionnaire. There must have been issues with both the court and PRA simultaneously.
                              Given these very unusual circumstances, I would write to the court requesting the claim is NOT reinstated as they have not communicated anything to you, least of all your CCA responses. I'm trying to understand how your file has been 'lost' by PRA and that you heard nothing from the court regarding a hearing in 2021.
                              Their internal issues should not be allowed to prejudice you and you should express your confusion and discomfort at this sequence of events and PRA should not be granted relief from sanctions just because they are a bulk issuer of court claims; which is frankly abusive of the courts. However you should also state that the courts have not kept you updated either.
                              Keep us updated.

Comment

How very bizarre indeed. It seems the claim 'may' have been struck out but I'm not sure from the communications received how that has happened. The claim can't have been stayed because they opted to defend and you received the Directions Questionnaire. There must have been issues with both the court and PRA simultaneously.
                                Given these very unusual circumstances, I would write to the court requesting the claim is NOT reinstated as they have not communicated anything to you, least of all your CCA responses. I'm trying to understand how your file has been 'lost' by PRA and that you heard nothing from the court regarding a hearing in 2021.
                                Their internal issues should not be allowed to prejudice you and you should express your confusion and discomfort at this sequence of events and PRA should not be granted relief from sanctions just because they are a bulk issuer of court claims; which is frankly abusive of the courts. However you should also state that the courts have not kept you updated either.
                                Keep us updated.
                                Thank you so much for your detailed response.

Can I send an email? do you know the email address to send to at all please?

Is there an application I need to complete or can I just send an email adding the information you kindly provided to not reinstate the claim since there has been no communication since 2021.

It did state 7 days to file an application for the Order to be set aside, varied or stayed, which would mean deadline for myself is today or 01/09/23 as I received letters 25/08/23?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
                                1 of 2 < >

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

2 of 2 < >

SHORTCUTS

First Steps
                                Check dates
                                Income/Expenditure
                                Acknowledge Claim
                                CCA Request
                                CPR 31.14 Request
                                Subject Access Request Letter
                                Example Defence
                                Set Aside Application
                                Directions Questionnaire

If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                                Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                                If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
                                See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X