• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA group County Court Money Claim online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA group County Court Money Claim online

Hello

I received a County Court letter filed by PRA group dated 21/07/2021 (original debt with Halifax).

Sent an acknowledgement on 23/07/2021 that would defend whole claim.

Then sent CCA request along with Request for information Section 77-79 Consumer Credit Act 1974 (asking for: agreement, default notice, assignment, formal demand).

Received 2 letters (dated 28/07/2021) today , 30/07/2021 as follows:

1) Request for information section 77-79 consumer credit act 1974, receipt acknowledgement and that PRA do not charge fee to carry out request (returned £1 money order). Will be contacting as soon as possible to provide an update.

​​​​2) CCA request, exact wording in letter-

In reply to your request for CCA, I am pleased to inform you that I have raised a seller query for documents in your letter.

However, in order to avoid a County Court Judgement by default the claim pack must be filled out and sent to ourselves by the 10/08/2021.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Yours faithfully

Taobane Lahila
    Legal manager/solicitor
    PRA group

I am confused about the 'claim pack' they want completing? do they mean my defence which I have until 20/08/2021 to respond to? is this the date I need to file defence by as per date I received the court letter?

Please help!

Thank you

Tags: None

Hi Justme2021

If you have Acknowledged Service, which you have (23/07/21), you have 28 days to file your Defence. The Claimant would also receive a copy of the letter from the court, so now understand you have until the 20/08/21 to file your Defence. You don't need to send them a copy of your Defence until the 20/08/21.

Last edited by echat11; 31st July 2021, 05:36:AM.

Comment

You don't need to send them a copy of your defence, you send it to the court. The court send it to the claimant. From then on in every document sent to the court is copied to the claimant

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies.

Should I just ignore what the solicitor has said about completing the 'claim pack' and send to them by 10/08/2021?

I am awaiting their responses to CCA and Section 77-79 requests before filing a defence. Will need your expert assistance at that point!

Comment

I don't know what they means by "claim pack"

I'm no expert in this but if they do not respond in time for your defence then you state that in your defence. Without them providing CCA I believe they would have no claim , but others will confirm.

Comment

acknowledged claim! if so then defence within 28 days, claim pack sounds as if one desk not updating another?? Example Defence only send back to the court they will forward to claimant themselves you do not! send defence in 4a few days before deadline, stops them thrashing your defence, your defence would read on such a date a request for CCA1974 sent - to date (if not received) outstanding.,

CPR 31.14 Request no charge to solicitors requesting documents only those mentioned on the actual claim form, get proof posting and keep copies of all by date order!

Comment

us get a proper idea what pack they are on about? was it about 5/6 pages of letter before action, or have you actually received N1 blue court form??? if it is pre action pack do not admit in it or give income etc they try to ask for! need to know what the stage this is at??

Comment

EXAMPLE pre-action letters from Creditors/DCA's for reference is it this one?

Comment

MIKE770 thank you, so to clarify I received the initial court letter for PRA claiming against me dated 21/07/21.

I replied to acknowledge on 23/07/21.

At the same time (23/07/21) I sent letters for CCA and Section 77-79 requests to PRA group since the original debt has been sold to them (I defaulted with Halifax).

So today I received acknowledgements for both letters I sent for CCA and CPR 31.14 Requests

I know I need to file a defence by 20/08/21, will certainly use your format! Much appreciated.

I have coped the exact wording of the reply received from the solicitor of pra group regarding CCA request in my initial post.
                  Last edited by Justme2021; 30th July 2021, 23:10:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    No that is not the one I received.

It was a "Claim Form" with a claim number and issue date received from County Court Business Centre, Northampton -filed on money claim
                    On the first page it then confirmed particulars of Claim....
                    There were 4 pages in total, including the admission, acknowledgement of service and last page titled *Defence and Counterclaim*.

I have already completed acknowledgement of service, sent 23/07/21.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      us get a proper idea what pack they are on about? was it about 5/6 pages of letter before action, or have you actually received N1 blue court form??? if it is pre action pack do not admit in it or give income etc they try to ask for! need to know what the stage this is at??
                      I have denied and ticked I will be defending whole claim.

Interestingly the solicitor for pra group said in her reply in the first sentence," In reply to your request for CCA, I am pleased to inform you that I have raised a seller query for documents in your letter."

Seems the "seller" is the original bank with whom the debt was with? does this not implicate them in that the debt was just sold on hence I do not have any agreement with pra group to pay a dime!

Comment

Originally posted by Justme2021 View Post

No that is not the one I received.

It was a "Claim Form" with a claim number and issue date received from County Court Business Centre, Northampton -filed on money claim
                        On the first page it then confirmed particulars of Claim....
                        There were 4 pages in total, including the admission, acknowledgement of service and last page titled *Defence and Counterclaim*.

I have already completed acknowledgement of service, sent 23/07/21.
                        With the Claim Form / Particulars of Claim you received the 'Response Pack'-

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-response-pack

It's PRA's solicitor who is calling it a 'Claim Pack' as per OP's first post.

Comment

echat11 thank you for your explanation, first time I've received anything like this.

It seems the solicitor for pra is trying to force the defence from the 'Response Pack' to be sent to them first? But I need to send it by 20/08/2021. So I shall just await the replies to CCA and CPR 31.14 requests.

Comment

do not send them copy, keep to deadline, they want to trash defence. defence when sent should be up to date i.e.:- on such a dare request CCA1974 to date no response etc etc and any other request as per N1 court form, submit on line 2 days before deadline, if you have not received such! follow court instructions not theirs, always ask her if not sure,

Comment

MIKE770 thank you, I shall definitely follow your advice.

I am sure the solicitor is referring to the 'Response Pack' by stating it to be a 'claim pack', in order to ascertain my defence details before court does! I will only forward defence as per your advice to court/money claim online.

I will just ignore her, as she has already acknowledged CCA request received so dealing with this. There is no need to respond to them until they have sent CCA and CPR 31.14 requests.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X