• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help received a court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just thinking if I just acknowledge gives me 28 days from the 10th when I received the court claim before I even have to submit defence. By this point I should have completed on house so no risk ?

Comment

Use court issue date

Comment

It's 28 + 3 allows posting

Comment

Yes it was issues on the 10th

Comment

Morning so I’m going to go onto MCOL this morning so do you think it makes sense to just acknowledge giving me the 28 days then submit the defence in about 25 days as this would just extend this until hopefully after the house completes. Or would you just defend now saying paid in full?

Comment

myself in the circumstances adjust the example to suit and state this account has been paid in full (give details date/time/etc , and even put in a sentence after speaking to them on such a date, they have ignored the fact it has been paid and not actioned to discontinuance,. Example Defence

Comment

How horribly stressful for you during a house purchase.
                You have done everything correctly, so long as you acknowledged the claim and if need be, later file a defence, then the court systems will kick in and you are not at risk of an imminent judgment so long as these two essential steps are followed, any claim would take around one year to be given a hearing date (because our justice system is in tatters) so I don’t think you need to worry about this interfering with your house purchase.
                The debt companies tardiness in issuing the Notice of Discontinuance is very typical and very irritating indeed.
                Keep us informed and congratulations on your new home.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine so for the time being just acknowledge it then mark in my diary for 28 days after the issue date (probably a couple of days before to be safe) then go back on MCOL and if not cancelled by the debt company then submit a defence showing paid, attach receipts etc?

Comment

Email received from the debt company today :

Thank you for your email, your comments have been noted.

We apologise for the delay in our response, this is due to high volumes of emails.

Please be advised that as you made the payment in full on 11.06.2021, the County Court Judgment was not applied for and the matter is now closed.

We trust this is of some assistance.

Comment

But it’s still open on MCOL so it isn’t closed and they have not sent me a copy of the notice of discontinuation.

Comment

keep copy of that information on file, chances are like once a defence been sent in it stops reporting, so just keep that information safe Celestine

Comment

I have completed the acknowledgment of service today on MCOL. The issue date on the claim form was the 10th of June so am I correct in thinking I have to submit the defence within 28 days of that date?

I’m hoping that the debt company will have cancelled it on MCOL with the notice of discontinuation before then so will keep checking

Comment

Check dates

​​​​​​From Thursday, 10 June 2021
                            Added 28 days
                            Result: Thursday, 8 July 2021

◀ Make adjustment and calculat

Comment

Latest update: still not received a notice of discontinuation from the debt company and the claim is still open on MCOL. I'm now thinking best thing to do is submit the defence then leave it with them? I have gone onto MCOL to complete the defence and the first bit says defend as paid so I have completed that. The next bit is a free text box to enter the defence. I have seen the examples on here but as this is for a utility bill not covered by CCA it doesnt really make sense in copying and pasting this especially as it has been paid? I have typed the below and would appreciate feedback and thoughts if you believe this is sufficient before sending please?

I was not aware of this outstanding utility bill from a previous address
                              I had with my ex-wife over 5 years ago. I have moved address
                              numerous times since then and despite ***** solicitors having
                              confirmed to me my correct mobile telephone number and email
                              address in recent conversations I have not received any
                              correspondence from them at all either by telephone, email or
                              mail.

On receipt of a court claim form I contacted the company on the
                              front of the form (******* Solictors) and to avoid any court
                              action I have paid the whole amount (£844.82) including court
                              fee's and costs (11/06/21). This payment was made by debit card and
                              a receipt received confirming payment of this amount and zero balance
                              remaining.

****** solicitors have confirmed to myself in writing that they
                              have received the payment and I have zero balance outstanding with
                              them (11/06/21).

****** Solicitors have also confirmed that they are not pursuing
                              anything through the court system as there is nothing to pursue.
                              This confirmation was provided verbally on the 11/06/21 by their
                              representative ****** on telephone number ****** who also
                              gave me reference number 302251. This was also confirmed in
                              writing by way of receipt confirming zero balance (11/06/21) and a
                              further email confirming zero balance owed and no further
                              action was received on 18/06/21..

This email on the 18th of June states:

"Dear Mr ***,
                              Thankyou for your email, your comments have been noted. We
                              apologise for the delay in our response, this is due to high level
                              of emails. Please be advised that as you made the payment in full
                              on 11/06/21 the county court claim was not applied for and the
                              matter is now closed.
                              Yours Sincerely *******"

Despite asking them for a copy of the notice of discontinuance on
                              2 different occasions (11/06/21 and 18/06/21). I have still not
                              received this.

As there is no debt to pursue and as the claimant has failed to
                              provide the notice of discontinuance requested can I respectfully
                              request the court order the claimant to provide all parties with
                              the notice of discontinuance or the claim should be struck out.

Comment

As you acknowledged after 5 days from the issue date then you have 33 days from the issue date to get your defence to court.

Don't forget the statement of truth at the end of the defence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X