• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help received a court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ostell
    do you think the defence I have submitted is ok then? Just makes me nervous waiting as nowhere on MCOL gives an actual date saying this is the deadline for submitting defence.

Comment

Is it not in the paperwork you received with the claim?

Comment

Your defence statement is absolutely fine. Hopefully the court will now act to close the case correctly.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Well I’ve submitted my defence on MCOL I thought it’s not going to change and better just to submit than risk forgetting!

So what happens now? Do I just sit and wait and think no news is good news?

Comment

You may get a response to defence if they bother. They then have to pay the hearing fee and then you will get a directions questionaire, where you select your local court

Comment

Sorry but what can the response to defence say apart from yes it is paid? Surely they can’t continue to go to court when there is no debt to pursue?

Comment

Depends if different parts of the company have been talking to each other. Start preparing your expenses to claim for their unreasonable behaviour. Your time at Ł19 per hour, paper, printing, postage etc.

Comment

Update:

I’ve received a letter from the court acknowledging receipt of my defence and giving the claimant 28 days to respond before the claim is stayed. Does stayed mean just cancelled?

So do I sit and wait for 28 days and hope they just don’t reply to the court. Like I said at the end of the day there is no debt anymore so just think it would be cancelled

Comment

yes their move next if they do not respons the case gets stayed i.e. laid up and they would have to pay to continue if ever

Comment

Hi All

just an update my defence was submitted and received on MCOL on the 29/6/21 today is 28 days later and not heard anything or anything else on MCOL should this get “stayed” today or is it a few days after giving them time to receive the defence? Do I just sit and wait for it to be updated to “stayed” or do I have to do something?

thanks again

Comment

if stayed it would be up to them to pay to unstay to continue, sit on your hands and keep checking for a few days nothing in this country is recorded exact dates at present! do not contact them. if fact MCOL does not normally record stayed but we say ring the court in a week and just ask state of the case if heard nothing/.

Comment

Hi All

just an update MCOL still does not say anything further. Do the court automatically change to “stayed” as it is now a week after the 28 days they had to reply to my defence?

Would you just leave it and hope I never hear again or would you ring the court to see?

Comment

will not state stayed, you have to ring the court and ask latest update, MCOL part after defence etc stops recording usually as stated in #56 above!

Comment

Thanks Mike would you ring the court or just leave it hoping not to hear anything?

Comment

ring the court as to update, as companies can try and take ignorance to their advantage. always say give a week then ring court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X