• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help received a court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so I’ll check online in a couple of days to ensure it’s been cancelled. Then if not I’ll acknowledge online but dispute the debt as it’s been paid is that correct?

Comment

Form N279 to discontinue = if not recorded in the next couple weeks or you receive one, then get onto the solicitors and ask why?

Comment

We’ll surprise surprise I have not heard anything back from the solicitors to confirm it’s been cancelled. So if I’m correct I now need to just go online and acknowledge it and confirm I wish to defend?

Comment

yes cover yourself and make entry on diary here

Comment

Sorry what do you mean make entry on diary? When I acknowledge and say I want to defend on basis the debt has been paid off what happens then?

Comment

you keep a diary of dates and events? if not try to do so for back referencing, covers your steps, many a case you need to reference responses etc (just in case) keep copy of everything in date form!
              i.e:- in your case paid on such a date by (whatever form) receipt received
              ?
              the onus once you tick defend all etc is up to them and courts instructions, by then they should wake up and discontinue?

Comment

Thank you just wondered if once I click defend all I’ll suddenly receive a letter with a court date

Comment

Originally posted by Bladesmad001 View Post
                  Thank you just wondered if once I click defend all I’ll suddenly receive a letter with a court date
                  never that quick there is a format of events before any court date - in normal circumstances long way down line if ever, as companies tend to pull out last minute before loosing their deposits, and realise you are not a push over!

Comment

They can’t win anyway surely as I have paid it all off already so would be ridiculous carrying it on to court wouldn’t they?

Comment

exactly, unless out sourced (at home workers) not up to date on cases> and like many companies way behind on updating records (usually their excuse) do not panic all paid , the rest is their hicups/ relax

Comment

Thank you ever so much really appreciate putting my mind at rest just don’t want anything to mess up the house purchase as just waiting to complete

Comment

As omg as you acknowledge the claim and tick defend that's allows more time. The keep eye on mcol for records discontinued or anything else then keep us informed

Comment

Hi sorry I’m just on MCOL should I just acknowledge giving me 28 days to submit defence or defend as it was paid in full the day I received the claim form?

Comment

acknowledge claim and then tick defend all, that gives 28 days extension, a lot to do in that time! before a defence if it came to it gets sent in

Comment

Celestine your views due to situation here please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X