• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who to hold responsible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to hold responsible

Hi all
    in august 2022 we had a kitchen fitted by Wren. This also included all white goods including a built in washing machine. When kitchen was signed off we was given all the necessary details for the warranties.
    over the last couple of months the washing machine has been leaking intermittently and we have had the makers engineer come out to inspect it. He could find no visible leaks on the washer.
    Today it has leaked again and has started to damage the plinth on the cupboards.

As they have tried to solve the problem without success on two occasions can I now reject the machine as not fit for purpose.
    If so would I have to contact Wren who sold us the machine as part of the kitchen or Hoover the maker of the machine. Also who would be responsible for the damage to the plinth.

many thanks for any assistance given
    Tags: None

Hoover on both counts, they have sold you a product that doesn't work as advertised and their defective products has caused damage.

They need to rectify or replace the product and then pay for the damage to be rectified, that is what I would ask for in complaining to them.

I have had reason to complaint to Hoover recently, here's their email address: sda@hoovercandy.com
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi jaguarsuk and thank you for your response

Hoover didn’t actually sell us the washing machine direct, it was part of the kitchen sold to us by Wren.
      Would it still be hoover who we hold accountable or Wren?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber99 View Post
        Hi jaguarsuk and thank you for your response

Hoover didn’t actually sell us the washing machine direct, it was part of the kitchen sold to us by Wren.
        Would it still be hoover who we hold accountable or Wren?
        Yes, your warranty is with the manufacturer of the product not the retailer who sold it to you.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

House insurance normally covers a leaking appliance that damages fitted cupboards. Worth checking with your insurance company

Years ago we had a new washing machine that vibrated so much on the spin cycle that it danced around the floor. The company's engineers tried to repair it about 4 times even replacing the drum. When we sent a video of it still vibrating and moving on the floor the company said it was our bouncy floor and we might have put a brick in it.

Eventually it vibrated and moved during an engineer's visit. He got on the phone to his head office and they agreed to replace the appliance.

My advice is don't give up. If you can take a video of it leaking and send it to Hoover.

Are you sure the machine has been installed correctly. Check it's not the water connection or the waste pipe leaking..

Comment

Sorry my wife is an ex trading standards lawyer and she says that you must approach Wren as that is who you purchased the goods from.

Comment

Yes, best to check Wren's guarantee regarding workmanship and materials.
              You should contact Wren and let them know about the leak and damage caused to the plinth. Also tell them a Hoover engineer has inspected the machine and is unable to find a fault with the machine.
              If the leak is at the back of the machine and water running under the machine it is probably poor workmanship.

Comment

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it is the sellers responsibility as you have a contract of sale with them , not with the manufacturer of the machine (hoover). If they try fobbing you off you have the right to take legal action against them.

Comment

Please read the which report and advice regarding consumer rights in connection with faulty goods. The cut off period for a replacement is 6 months. After this period the consumer has to prove that the goods were faulty at the time of purchase. This is difficult to do.
                  It would be much easier to prove that the Wren's fitters did not install the appliance correctly.

Comment

Would need to verify the dates as Bomber99 does not give dates when the service engineer first arrived (in the last couple months) and who arranged for the visit, I presume Wren.
                    As a repair has already been accepted you have forgone the opportunity of a replacement, however at what point does the company get fed up with you requesting a repair and at what point is it economically unviable to keep sending an engineer and hopefully a replacement will be provided. I would get in touch straight away and request a repair stating the previous repair did not rectify the problem.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X