• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Italian Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Italian Job

Originally posted by Judge mental View Post
    you might want to consider returning the goods, include a letter quoting the invoice number and clearly rejecting the goods as they are not what was ordered. Put the letter through an online translator and include a copy in italian, keep a copy of both letters.
    The following are not literal translations:

Your client is in breach of contract = Il suo cliente č una scoreggia poco in violazione del contratto

I have retained the undersized dresses solely to return them as they cannot lawfully be sold = Ho mantenuto gli abiti sottodimensionato fatta da idioti solo per restituirli in quanto non possono essere legalmente venduti.

Until your client sends the items actually ordered, this company will pay nothing = Fino a quando il client invia le questioni realmente ordinato e non le stronzate lo ha inviato, questa azienda pagherą nulla e possono andare a farsi fottere.

With kind regards = Vai scopare tua nonna nel culo

Will that help at all? :rofl:

Comment

Google Translate

Anyone wanting to know the actual translations kindly provided by CleverClogs, should explore the link above.

To say the least they are not literal translations! But if you like annoying Italians, go for it....don't forget to include mention of Berlusconi, Bunga Bunga and austerity measures if you're really trying to stick the boot in!
      Last edited by Celestine; 12th November 2011, 17:15:PM.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnzer View Post
        Bearing in mind that the letter sent to me was dated the 7th November, although I didn't receive it until a couple of days later, can this be a proper notice of intention?
        By saying that I have 7 days to make payment without specifying a start date or end date for this 7 days, is this a flawed notice?
        It is certainly flawed, as it stated:
        We are instructed that the sum of £4637.11 is due and payable by you in respect of services rendered to you by our client at your request.
        Their client had not rendered a service to your company; indeed, by having sent undersized frocks that could not lawfully be sold because they were woefully mislabelled, one might say they did your company a significant disservice.

The alleged debt is for goods, not services.

I ask that question as the 7 days would expire from the 7th November on Monday 14. There isn't another working day from now until then for them to answer my response to them so if the 7th was the date of service (which I sincerely doubt) could just go straight into legal action.
        Do they have a right to overlook my response or do they have an obligation to acknowledge it and answer it?
        They could issue a claim at once, but they would not be wise to do that. The posting rule states that service by post is deemed to have been made two days after posting for items sent by first class post, or four days after posting for items sent by second class post.

Have you decided how much you'll charge the agent of the spaghetti-munchers for storage of the frocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
          Google Translate

Anyone wanting to know the actual translations kindly provided by CleverClogs, should explore the link above.

To say the least they are not literal translations! But if you like annoying Italians, go for it....don't forget to include mention of Berlusconi, Bunga Bunga and austerity measures if you're really trying to stick the boot in!
          Thank you. I had wondered if I should add a reference to the Mafia, but decided it would be too insulting to compare the Italian company to James Murdoch.

Seriously though, I doubt if the Sale of Goods Act or any statute law applies, as this case is simply one of non-performance of contract. The requirement that the frocks be made longer was written on the order form and thus became an express term of the contract, which the supplier seems to have ignored.

Comment

It's gone way past the 7 day notice period now.
            Not a word from the solicitor in response to my email and subsequent follow up on it, for an answer.
            Consider the case closed unless I pop along sometime later.
            Many thanks to all contributors

Comment

Were my translations any help?

Comment

Lynnzer.....I get the feeling your letter will have had them running for the (Italian) Alps.

Well done for sending such a detailed letter, it sure seems to have done the trick!
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

ROFL

Comment

It was all Greek to me, CC :tung:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hey, I'm a Geordie. If I go further south than Doncaster I need to take an interpretor. The Eyties don't stand a chance......

I did a translation of the actual Terms and Conditions on the Order Sheet and it didn't make any sense so thought to leave this alone but thanks anyway.

Comment

Their Terms and Conditions aren't worth a drop of tepid spittle, as those scoreggioni simply did not perform their part of the contract.

Comment

Blimey, CC, you've got some bottle!

(You don't hang around under Blackfriars bridge, do you?)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Blimey, CC, you've got some bottle!

(You don't hang around under Blackfriars bridge, do you?)
                            No - that was Roberto Calvi. :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Just a quick update on this topic.
                              I have had another solicitor call me and I discusses the full problem with him.
                              It appears he already knows of my issues regarding the poor sizes and told me if I was to make a list of the items we still had left he would speak with our supplier to try and have them agree to uplift them, and for us to pay for the one's we've managed to sell.
                              I told him it wasn't as easy as that as the ones we sold had to be altered to make them fit which incurred costs to us, but would nevertheless make out a list of what we had left.
                              As part of the general conversation I asked him how he felt we stood in legal terms and he was straight to the point.
                              He said that if his company were instructed to take legal action he would back off and tell them he wouldn't take the case. He said that as far as he was concerned the supplier didn't have a leg to stand on as he knows personally that something wrongly sized is a huge problem especially with ladies fashion.
                              As far as I'm concerned this ends the topic.
                              Another win for me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X