• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ernest Wilson

The rules about serving a claim are at CPR Part 6.
    If EW have neither your mother's current nor last address they will need to apply for a court order to serve elsewhere (6.15)

Comment

He basically said! if I don't give her current address he will have it HERE. What sort of proof will he need to give to court that she lives here?? I don't understand how he can have it here. He also told me today that even tho we are in dispute we have the still pay the debt, otherwise he will start court proceedings tomorrow.

Comment

I suspect that if he lodges a claim he will in the first instance use your address.
        In that case I would be inclined to return to the court the papers unopened and marked "addressee not resident here".
        He would then have to follow CPR.
        Others might be able to comment on whether or not that is a good idea.

When your late father signed the agreement was the business in his sole name, ie was he a sole trader "mr xxx t/a Bob's cafe"
        or was it "Mr xx and Mrs xx t/a bob's cafe"?
        If the contract was solely in his name, it is my understanding that when he passed away, the contract no longer existed.
        However as no one else has mentioned this possibility I am probably barking up the wrong tree, so will be interested in others' thoughts,

Comment

It was in both parents name. t/a Warley cross Café
          So many discrepancies but all I get told is pay or CCJ and on judgement High Court enforcement will attend to collect.

Comment

There (fabricated) blog says another sold by Ernest Wilson.... My mother sold at auction for less than half there original valuation..

Comment

Strangely Amethyst is no longer responding to my emails and messages???

Comment

I got a PM at 9pm tonight ? Haven't had chance to look yet.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I got the email. Stop panicking, there is very little he can do and you can defend any court action if he does put a claim in.

You have all your paperwork together - you were getting hold of the other valuation from 2005 to help demonstrate the over valuation.

Just a matter of putting it together to the Ombudsman and EW as a formal complaint.

He didn't mention the EPC in his email. Did you ask him for it ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sorry guys.. Guilty :-) I am panicking..

Comment

It is understandable but remember a court claim is not the end of the world. If your mum did go on to lose - or didn't want to defend - she could make an offer to pay through the court and make monthly installment payments suitable to her income and expenditure.

The EPC is important because it would demonstrate that your late Father was involved in the selling process as late as mid 2012.

I meant to ask previously, does your Mum have the mail from her old house forwarded to where she is now? We know he can't legitimately bring a claim at your address, however he can bring one at the last known address so if he does indicate he has bought a court claim it might be worth checking with the new residents if there is any mail and if they can forward it on.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

In memory of my late father we will fight this all the way. In 2005 they were never left a contract. It was a no sale no fee basis. They did not receive there first invoice until may 2011. They were never made aware of any kind of ombudsmen. They requested proof of adverts which were never received. My dad passed away worried sick about these invoices..

- - - Updated - - -

I have requested EPC

Comment

she has all mail re directed from Warley Cross

Comment

Going to shove my oar in again.

It would seem that your parents were acting in A Partnership at Will. ie I assume they did not draw up a formal agreement..
                            Never the less that partnership is governed by The Partnership Act 1890,
                            If one of the partners dies the partnership is dissolved and a new partnership has to be set up..(Partnership Act 1890 sec 33[1])

If your father had an agreement with EW for the sale of a business owned in partnership, that agreement would of necessity been cancelled when the partnership was dissolved.
                            At least thats how I see it, so I would tell EW to take a running jump

Comment

Originally posted by Andreawx View Post
                              There (fabricated) blog says another sold by Ernest Wilson.... My mother sold at auction for less than half there original valuation..
                              Just to clarify, are Ernest Wilson claiming they sold your parents' cafe, even though they had no part in the actual sale?

Comment

Originally posted by EW Client View Post
                                Just to clarify, are Ernest Wilson claiming they sold your parents' cafe, even though they had no part in the actual sale?
                                Yes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X