• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ernest Wilson

What is full address or e.mail of cebta need help urgent about EW if anyone can help and advise me

Comment

Thank you so much for putting link i have just phoned the Fraud Squad and they are helping me 0300-123-2040

Comment

Eli, sorry to hear about the problems you're having. CEBTA can be contacted through their website at http://www.cebta.org.uk/

Comment

"...the business transfer agency market, a field awash with wideboys" - Andrew Penman in the Daily Mirror.
          http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...demand-5694321

Comment

Hello did you get any information from the court and who did you write to?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian dowd View Post
              Hello did you get any information from the court and who did you write to?
              I'm not sure who you're asking?

If it's about the number of court claims made by Ernest Wilson, there's a (redacted) letter in the public domain from the CCMCC showing that in a two year period, Ernest Wilson made 461 claims - PM me if you want a copy.

Comment

Hi thanks for that, I have send a FOI request for an update.
                Last edited by Kati; 24th June 2015, 10:31:AM. Reason: remove email

Comment

Originally posted by Ian dowd View Post
                  Hi thanks for that, I have send a FOI request for an update. You can email it to me
                  If you have sent a FOI request you should receive the response yourself and it will be up to you whether you want to share it with us, not the other way round.

Comment

I will be happy to share information, I have been doing alot of digging round and EW is just a joke.

Comment

Blatant plug alert! There's a redacted copy of the reply to the FOI request at http://ernestwilsonclients.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

With thanks to a friend or two, it seems that our chums at EW are still not using the correct procedures:
                        Proof of ID needs to be taken and verified before anything is signed then kept for six years, otherwise the contract is, as one judge put it, "tainted with illegality".
                        Both copies of the contract should be identical (some versions of EW's Terms of Business have completely different page 1s for the seller and the agent) and both copies should be signed by both parties.
                        The advert that's presented to the client is 2 pages of A4 with photos but the actual ad is 5-6 lines of text, around an inch square (another plug: typical ad at http://ernestwilsonclients.blogspot....arges-you.html).

Comment

On FOI from Manchester court, EW had more than 430 claim cases in the last 2 years

Comment

Has anyone managed to find specific cases that have gone against EW? I am helping a friend who signed two 'agreements' for her businesses but at no stage was proof of ID either requested or supplied. Additionally the Terms of Business documents left with her differed from the contracts, which had to be requested from EW. It seems to me therefore she was deprived of the opportunity to cancel within the 14 days cooling off period as she understandably thought proper contracts would be forwarded to her.

Comment

Morning, I am alot further down the road with this matter.
                              So first, the 14 day cooling-off period doesn't apply.
                              Now for the good news, EW have been fined previous for non identical contracts. Also the contract needs to be signed by Ernest Wilson (see TPOS, instructions).
                              Photo ID is a must according to the money laundering regulations.
                              The advertising EW use is a disgrace, the client is presented with a nice A4 document with pictures, and the reality is a stamp sized advert among many others and no pictures.
                              Ian

Comment

Yet another interesting practice has come to light!

EW have settled with some clients for marketing fees on unsold businesses, then when the business has been sold later (without EW's "expertise"), they've also chased the seller for commission, claiming they introduced the buyer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X