• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs LS (Help Please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

Looks good to go to me.
    Thanks for all your help jaguarsuk! Does this now get uploaded on the website where we acknowledged the initial claim? Or posted out?

Comment

Originally posted by ksefton92 View Post

Thanks for all your help jaguarsuk! Does this now get uploaded on the website where we acknowledged the initial claim? Or posted out?
      You can do it on the defence form on the website or you can email or even post it. Personal preference really.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks! Defence now submitted online. Not sure what happens next but fingers crossed! Thanks again for all your help,

Comment

Next your Defence is sent to the CLaimant and they respond to the court to say if they intend to proceed. You will then be sent a Directions Questionnaire by the Court. If you haven't received that from the court by the end of August it's worth checking with the Court if the case is 'stayed' ( put on hold'. Soon as you do receive anything post on here xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks! Defence now submitted online. Not sure what happens next but fingers crossed! Thanks again for all your help,
            Amazing, thank you! Will definitely update on here as soon as I receive anything

Comment

Hi All, so we've had a couple of letters this weekend, 1 from Lowell and 1 from the Court. Happy with the one from the courts, which just states they have received the defence and explain what happens next. However I'm not too happy with the Lowell one (redacted and attached). They seem to have changed their tune massively! Is there anything I need to do now? We're yet to receive the documents they said they will be sending out.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi All, so we've had a couple of letters this weekend, 1 from Lowell and 1 from the Court. Happy with the one from the courts, which just states they have received the defence and explain what happens next. However I'm not too happy with the Lowell one (redacted and attached). They seem to have changed their tune massively! Is there anything I need to do now? We're yet to receive the documents they said they will be sending out.
                Is there anything I need to send back to Lowell or do we just wait for the Courts to get in touch with them re the defence? Cheers

Comment

The letter doesn't really say anything new, and they sent it out before you filed your defence. I don't think you need reply at this stage.

Now, do you know when the original Vodafone agreement was taken out ? You say you cancelled in August 2014 when it was due to end - so presumably it was taken out 12/18/24 months earlier ? Any idea ?

For some reason, continued to bill her for the contract until March 2015.
                  which could indicate the contract was actually until March 2015 if it weren't for this
                  I had spoken with Vodafone in 2016 about this (when Lowell first initiated contact) as it was causing a lot of unnecessary stress and they said it was an error from their side.

Send a SAR to Vodafone. Subject Access Request Letter
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for the quick reply! I *think* it was taken out 18 months prior to August 2014 - I'll try dig through emails/letter when I get home to get some sort of confirmation.

Will get the SAR sorted ASAP.

Comment

Cool. I think the SAR is important. Even if Vodafone refuse it will assist later on.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also see if you can check bank statements for how much was being paid to Vodafone monthly when the DD was active. Should be around £60-£70 a month if the contract actually was due to end in March 2015 but payments stopped August 2014 ( claim £502 divided by 7 or 8 months should give approx. monthly amount - think it's 98% of full contract due that they claim as a early termination charge... but there's also some question over a cancellation charge added earlier on other cases.... hopefully that'll come out in the SAR )

It would work out if you thought it was an 18 month contract ending August 2014 that it was actually a 24 month contract ending March 2015 ( around abouts) I was just having a read about and seems VF stopped doing 18 month contracts in 2012. BUT obviously Lowell will need to evidence what the contract term was, when it started, and what the cancellation terms were. If you can find any emails from when you had a dispute with them, either originally or when they started bugging you in 2016 it would really help.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Cool. I think the SAR is important. Even if Vodafone refuse it will assist later on.
                          No worries, will get this sorted. Do you think it's worth doing this online to speed things up - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gdpr-sars-form/

Will also try go back through bank statements to see what payments were made and when. May be a little tricky as my partner changed banks last year, but will hopefully have paper copies stored somewhere.

Comment

Don't see why not
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi ksefton92,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with replying, I was on annual leave when you started the thread.

So we can access the account in question to see what's happened, please ask your partner to email us via the form here.

To access the form she'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating her query in the question box, she'll also ask her to quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that it's been received.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
                                Hi ksefton92,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with replying, I was on annual leave when you started the thread.

So we can access the account in question to see what's happened, please ask your partner to email us via the form here.

To access the form she'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating her query in the question box, she'll also ask her to quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that it's been received.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                                Hi Lee

Not a problem at all, hope you enjoyed your time off.

My partner completed the form yesterday however she is yet to receive a reference number via email?

Many thanks,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X