• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs LS (Help Please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

Send a copy to the address they gave you on the claim form and the original goes to the court. Keep a copy for your records as well.
    Perfect, thank you!

Comment

I've got your post and attachments, but have just moderated it as you left the address on the statements,,, will sort out and put back on but might not be till morning now xxx

Unless you have the full Adobe PDF version you're just temp covering over info with black boxes which vanish on opening - I'll redact properly in morning

TEXT ONLY
      Evening all,

Sorry for the delay in updating on here - the last thing we did was to submit the directions questionnaire to the courts and all other parties. Since then, we have had 2 things come through the letterbox:

1) SARS info from Vodafone

Account notes LS Vodafone Crystal Account Notes Redacted copy.pdf received which has given me some real clarity into the account (my memory doesn't serve quite as well as I thought it did! Think i mixed mine and my partners account). Nevertheless, having read through the notes I now recall having severe network issues at the time and Vodafone refused to help. At the time I believe we should have been entitled to cancel the contract without penalty as the service was unusable, however seems we failed to follow up on this.
      Having scoured through old letter, I was able to dig out the itemised bills sent by Lowell last year (Vodafone Itemised Bills LS.pdf ​​​). From what I can see, bills went unpaid initially due to a dispute with Vodafone over service (an error in hindsight, I know), however within the itemised bills, it clearly shows the service wasn't used from the 20th April through to the final bill on 18th November. I believe we were under the impression that the account was closed down in April hence the lack of contact thereafter until November 2016 when we received the first letter from Lowell.

2) Email from the courts regarding mediation

My partner received this from the courts last week Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service.docx . I think she is going to delegate authority to me given her current predicament and to prevent further stress upon herself - just wanted to check how to complete this and that no harm can come from delegating authority?

Thanks in advance as always for any help and advice you can offer!
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Account Notes and Invoices(itemised bills)
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Mediation - when you have the appointment your other half can give permission for you to speak on her behalf. She would only be talking to the mediator, not the claimant - it's a three way phone call where both parties convey messages through a third party.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I can see the frustrations with the service. The 'final' resolution seemed to be to get the sure signal box thingy and be refunded the cost to see if that resolved the problem, but doesn't seem to have happened. I suspect from the previous conversations it was a case of 'whatever' and then just giving up.

Seems the signal issues were only at home ( where you could only get 2G internet and no phone signal ) and the phone continued to be used throughout the period when not at home ? As the contract included unlimited minutes and texts ( except premium rate ) there wouldn't be additional charges - I can see there were extra use charges in the March 2015 bill ( picture message/ premium rate I'd expect) but the lack of extra use charges on the rest of the bills doesn't mean the phone wasn't used. I think to show that you did stop using it in April you'd need a call/useage list ( presumably they were on page 2/2 of the invoices - so I think I'd go back and ask for those)

Did you ever take forward the complaint to OfCom as was suggested during the call logs?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Account Notes and Invoices(itemised bills)
              Thank you for this! Didn't realise that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                I can see the frustrations with the service. The 'final' resolution seemed to be to get the sure signal box thingy and be refunded the cost to see if that resolved the problem, but doesn't seem to have happened. I suspect from the previous conversations it was a case of 'whatever' and then just giving up.

Seems the signal issues were only at home ( where you could only get 2G internet and no phone signal ) and the phone continued to be used throughout the period when not at home ? As the contract included unlimited minutes and texts ( except premium rate ) there wouldn't be additional charges - I can see there were extra use charges in the March 2015 bill ( picture message/ premium rate I'd expect) but the lack of extra use charges on the rest of the bills doesn't mean the phone wasn't used. I think to show that you did stop using it in April you'd need a call/useage list ( presumably they were on page 2/2 of the invoices - so I think I'd go back and ask for those)

Did you ever take forward the complaint to OfCom as was suggested during the call logs?

Yeah that's right - looking back through the notes i remember these conversations well and I'm pretty annoyed that they marked it as us ending the call 0 in actual fact it was them who kept dropping the call and I think (being young and naive at the time) I thought screw it, and left it.

I do have the itemised bills showing usage etc. but just uploaded the covering letters for each bill as there's a lot of personal info on the itemised bills - however these do show that from April 2015, no calls, texts or internet usage was made.

Unfortunately I never did follow up with Ofcom starting to feel like we don't have a leg to stand on...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X