• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nationwide Credit Card PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nationwide Credit Card PPI

go the Financial Ombudsman, as I said

Comment

OK, small update,

they have just sent me another letter - this time with what looks like the original leaflet application all filled in from back in early 2000-something

From what i can see there is a tick in the I want to protect my payments etc etc, which someone has ticked.

Now, whether i ticked that or not i dont remember, but i certainly do NOT remember any further leaflets about payment protection and there was no information from an advisor and there was certainly no breakdown of costs

any ideas....or still go to FoS ?

Comment

Go to the FinOmb !

Your case is that you don't recall having ticked this box, you certainly wouldn't have if the terms of the policy had been made clear to you as you had no need of this insurance because A,B and C

Comment

Update :

Got a letter back from FinOmb saying that they have got my complaint ( wow that wasa long time ) and that they will review complaint but it could be up to TWO years....why so long ?

Comment

Just had letter back from FoS and they reckon they wont be taking it any further becuase by the look of it Nationwide have told them not to ??

FOS are have said they wont investigate further simply because nationwide have said i took too long to complain !!! and stated certain timelines.

Nationwide have never ever mentioned anything about me complaining too late in any of their letter to me.

card was 2000
            i complained April 2015 ( as that is when i found an old statement with PPI on?

if you want, i can post up the FOS letterfor you to look at and advise me.

I believe nationwide are trying all the tricks in the books not to pay me back circa £2500

Regards
            Q

Comment

yes, let's see the FOS letter

Comment

i feel the below i totally unfair as u did not know i had ppi on the card until i found an old statement last year.
                also nationwide did not tell me of any time-scales-limits , i feel they have used dirty tricks.

there must be a way for me to make a claim as i am disgusted they have basically said "tough"

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email dated 10 February 2016. I have attempted to contact you on numerous occasions to discuss the complaint with you, however I have been unsuccessful.

I apologise that you feel this way, however under the dispute resolution rules set out by the Financial Conduct Authority, businesses are entitled to not consent to us looking at a complaint on six and three and as a service we have to consider this before we can proceed to look at the merits. In your case Nationwide has not consented into us looking into your complaint, therefore we have to look at whether it’s been more than six years since the PPI policy was sold and more than three years since the you became aware (or ought reasonably to have become aware) that you had cause to complain. We are an impartial service and have consider evidence provided by both you and the business in order to reach a fair outcome.

Our general approach is that statements clearing setting out PPI ought reasonably to have made the consumer aware that PPI was added to their account. In your case, your monthly statements would have shown that you were paying for insurance. Whilst I understand you may not have checked every single statement, it would have been clear from the statement that you were paying some sort of insurance which would have been enough to give you cause to question what it was you were paying and complain.

I appreciate that you have told us that you were not aware that there was a timescale to make a complaint and Nationwide never informed you of this, however they are not required to do so. I have to consider that it is reasonable to assume that you should reasonably have known you had cause to complain more than three years before you did – so unfortunately your complaint falls outside the three-year time scale as well and I remain of the view that the complaint could have been referred to us within time.

If there’s anything else that you think we need to consider that relates specifically to reasons why your complaint was made outside of these timescales, please let us know within 21 days.
                We’ll then look at things again taking into account what you send us - but unless you have any new information it is unlikely that our view will change. Should you request for an ombudsman to make a decision on your complaint, the ombudsman will not be considering your complaint, but rather whether we can look into the complaint any further.

I am sorry that we were not able to help you more on this occasion.

Yours sincerely

Mena Salih
                Financial Ombudsman Service
                0203 069 6556

Comment

Anyone advise...got a few days left to reply

Comment

please anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                      Anyone advise...got a few days left to reply

Just found out that i could have claimed £3.5k but its too late now, as i did not get a reply back in time as i did not know what to write.

Bah !!! totally not fair Natiowide point blank refused and nothing can be done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                        Just found out that i could have claimed £3.5k but its too late now, as i did not get a reply back in time as i did not know what to write.

Bah !!! totally not fair Natiowide point blank refused and nothing can be done now.
                        you can still claim if you can prove the PPI was mis-sold etc. if they say no, you take it to the FSO if there is a valid claim.

Comment

Hello there,

Did you mean the FOS ? IF so yes i did write to them and they said it would have been a valid claim but are not taking it on because Nationwide have told them ""ive taken too long""

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X