• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS PPI Claim

Hi,

i was looking for some advice on a claim I am trying to resolve for my dad. In 1998 he took a loan out which he was adamant did not have ppi on. Well it turns out he did so he made a claim and it appears when they phoned him to go through this he answered all but one question stating he had no knowledge of the ppi being on his loan and he advized the advisor he did not want or need it.

It appears on one question he has become confused and stated he just signed the insurance documents which resulted in them giving him a offer of a partial refund which was the difference between a premium policy and a single policy. When I called to challenge the decision they advised he would of signed the documents and he should of known he had ppi. On this I challenged them to retrieve the documentation and prove he had done this. Long behold they could not produce this so changed tact to say because he answered one question slightly different then he was not entitled to a full refund. On this I advised RBS my dad becomes easily confused due to the medication he is on for various issues to which they said I had to prove.

Now I am damned if I am going to be beaten by these con artists as at the time when my dad got the loan he was in a dark place which they used to there advantage. They are now trying again to take advantage of an older person by confusing him and doing him out of money he rightly deserves.

Just on a side note I have asked them to provide me a full transcript of the call including a letter stating they are unable to prove that my dad signed the documentation for ppi.

Has anyone got any advice on what a toon I should take next?

appreciate any help on this!

James
    Tags: None

Re: RBS PPI Claim

Hi Jamie and welcome,

Sorry to hear of your issues and it does seem they are trying to pull a fast one.

I would raise this up with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) We can try finding the details for you (email addy) if you do not have this.

Was that the final decision RBS given? Did they mention about the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)?

If that was not the final decision this usually means with further info you can ask them to review, but even if it is final do give the CEO ago and state how poorly the complaints team been dealing with this matter, its terrible customer service.
    Ask for the CEO to get back by 14 days.

Comment

Re: RBS PPI Claim

Hi Jamie839,

i am am assuming that what your Dad had was a loan and not a credit card? It is on this assumption that I base my answer.

as the loan was taken out in 1998 there is no doubt that the premium for the PPI, would have been added to the amount being borrowed, with interest being added to the whole amount. The FSA have stated quite clearly that this is not a satisfactory practice. So that alone makes a basis for reclaim. You can check out the FSA publications, I think the relevant one was 2008. What some of the companies are doing and, although it is allowable, I think it is being misused.........is refunding a smaller amount based on the premise of a cheaper policy being available and being added monthly. This appears not to be satisfactory in your Dad's case. So when you write to the CEO, Ross McEwan, as a second point in your letter, ask him if this is the method that has been used. If so ask them how many companies back in 2008, offered this policy on a monthly basis, on the open market. Doubtless the marketing dept will have all the necessary paperwork.
      Finally, ask him for the transcript/copy of the telephone call that the member of staff had with your Dad. Confirm that you will review it and take the issue further if need be.

hope this helps,

:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X