• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Thank Di and Amethyst! I had some excellent advice that helped with all my claims from LB ! xx

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
      Thank you! I'll put the offer letter on here tomorrow if it'll help? I don't think Santander will admit to anything being mis sold even with mine 'it was because of a pre existing medical condition not because the policy was mis sold' Surely that in itself shows that it was mis sold?I'm going to have a dig around first thing tomorrow morning to see if I can find anything that will help you. They hold strongly on the fact that if you could've claimed then you couldn't have been mis sold but doesn't help those who were eligible but did not want or ask for cover xx
      Same as mine hun, (hubby's) rather as it was his account lol, due to pre med condtions, however, it was Genworth that upheld and not Santander, as they said due to the time passed etc....

Thank you Loulou I'm sure your info will be appreciated by all still dealing with this one....:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hello, the Winner! Di!
        LouLou, they are so ignorant if they say it was not mis-sale. It is another proof that they never saw the FCA guidelines and are not aware of it.
        the sale is flawed if the exclusion was not disclosed to you before the sale was completed (for non advised sale).
        this is the only reason you can take the insurance for which you are not eligible as you can't claim due to the medical conditions.
        that makes it mis-sale.
        Honestly...
        Yes, it seems like the only way they are forced to agree if they cannot argue the fact when you cannot claim. Even then they try to argue and insist that you are eligible.
        they wrote to me 3 letters stating that I was eligible.
        now my status "was taken into consideration", after I quoted relevant exclusion from the insurance.
        Then they did not have any choice, but to take my status as not being eligible into consideration.
        that is not the way any complaint handling process should go.
        they wear us out and many give up.
        few of us who continue, if eventually get the refund, feel a shock, disbelieve, like you did, instead of taking it for granted and being frustrated that it had to take so long etc.
        that is a brainwashing.
        we are so happy that it is over if they agree to refund what they OWE us, that in most cases we just move on and do not pursue them further for the way they dealt with our complaints. So they are getting away with it.
        They always reject.
        in some cases when we pursue as hard as we do, they have to give in without admitting liability, without apology and acknowledgement of the way they treated us.
        they know that when when it is eventually upheld, most likely we will not continue to expose them for what they are.
        no penalties, no bad publicity etc.
        so, why to uphold, they better reject in any case.
        This way they hold the funds, often obtained by fraud.
        That has to change.
        good and honest people and organisations just do the right thing because it is the right thing to do
        unfortunately in some cases the only driving force to behave is the fear of punishment, penalty etc.
        i am afraid this is the case here.
        this organisation needs to learn the lesson.
        they have been behaving too bad for too long.
        so, my dear friends, we have a lot of work to do!
        thank you.
        lol
        Vx

Comment

Yes lots of work to do, we need to work on one of our letters like their own "Generic" and like your amazing write-up here Victoria (thank you honey) its time to get tough!!

Excellent info/advice there my lovely (sorry for late posting been going through stacks of paper-work this evening) LOL Xx

Comment

Thank you, my dear friend! What a good idea. We'll think of posting on template section.
            This company needs to be brought in the spotlight. It would be a good start.
            Let's see what would be the best way to get them as much publicity as possible. They deserve a proper recognition for what they are.
            Vx

Comment

Hi Please see letter attached as promised xx
              Attached Files

Comment

Well...what can I say. In spite of the fact that the policy was not mis-sold...??? Was not mis-sold??? They still agreed to refund. They sound like really nice people. I believe you should write them a Thank You letter, honey.
                the PPI section was crossed, you did not request the cover, declined it in the first place, then it appeared after the telephone conversation??? Really? At first you crossed this section, but then, you clearly changed your mind and asked for it. During those 3 months you definitely came to realise how much you wanted this insurance, what a mistake you made, declining it and crossing this section at first...,so, of course, you requested it over the phone. It was such a luck, they called you - they must have read your mind! And now, after all that ("she asked for it") they still agreed to refund. I am very impressed with such a wonderful attitude of that company. Other businesses would never refund unless it was mis-sold. This one agreed to repay, even though it was not mis-sold. Thank You Letter - to them - is a must!
                lol
                Vx

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria27 View Post
                  Well...what can I say. In spite of the fact that the policy was not mis-sold...??? Was not mis-sold??? They still agreed to refund. They sound like really nice people. I believe you should write them a Thank You letter, honey.
                  the PPI section was crossed, you did not request the cover, declined it in the first place, then it appeared after the telephone conversation??? Really? At first you crossed this section, but then, you clearly changed your mind and asked for it. During those 3 months you definitely came to realise how much you wanted this insurance, what a mistake you made, declining it and crossing this section at first...,so, of course, you requested it over the phone. It was such a luck, they called you - they must have read your mind! And now, after all that ("she asked for it") they still agreed to refund. I am very impressed with such a wonderful attitude of that company. Other businesses would never refund unless it was mis-sold. This one agreed to repay, even though it was not mis-sold. Thank You Letter - to them - is a must!
                  lol
                  Vx
                  A good suggestion on the Thank you letter, maybe they will realise us customers are not bad at all and only doing what is right :tinysmile_twink_t2: I know this is exactly what your getting at too Victoria, as it may help for others too, if we show them respect, they will to us too. x
                  It does look like they have a few that will actually look into the complaints and understand, we need more like that now x

Comment

IMO I don't remember a phone call and why was the policy cancelled after one payment? Typical GE Money adding when the card was activated. They're right in once sense it wasn't mis sold in fact it was mis added. If you think it will help I will. xx

Comment

My darling girls, originally I wrote my post with sarcasm in mind
                      however, thinking about Thank You letter to the individual who resolved it, while at the same time criticising hard the company, and talking to my wonderful friend Di about it, we came to conclusion, it may be a good idea.
                      I had success with 7 other companies and I did write thank you letters to CEO in each case they did a good job.
                      i had a problem with HSBC at first and wrote a strong letter to CEO after rejection. They upheld less than a week later.
                      in the process I had to go the branch in order to have a telephone conversation (it is possible only from the branch after your identity is verified if you don't have an account there, it was about an old Harvey Nichols card), the person in the branch was very good and helpful. After I got refund, I went to that branch and told to that person, that only because of her attitude I did not go to the press, FCA etc., I told her she saved her bank from embarrassment. Even in my highly criticising letter to the CEO I mentioned her name with praise and gratitude. It was so important to the bank that they even asked me in the branch for a copy of my very unflattering letter, still it mattered to them that I praised the individual.
                      there is such a thing as "reputational risk management", which is very important to the banks, particularly now with all this bad publicity.
                      it is about our, customer's perception of the bank.
                      in that department Santander fails miserably.
                      however if any individual does uphold, may be if we acknowledge it with praise while exposing the company for what they are as hard as we can and as public as possible, it may encourage individuals dealing with our cases to uphold more often.
                      it is like dealing with children who have to learn that they will be punished for bad behaviour, but rewarded for good.
                      also, if we say a few good words about individuals who resolve the case to our satisfaction, it makes it more balanced and believable, when we strongly critisise the company.
                      With respect of Thank You letters, it has to be stressed that only because of that person (who resolved the case) you did not escalate the matter, did not go to the FCA, FOS. Press etc. That person saved company from.....
                      if they are aware that there is something positive for them when they uphold, it may encourage more successful outcomes.
                      however it applies only to individuals, the company has to be put under pressure and we should continue to show what they are like and to bring them in the spotlight, while acknowledging rare cases of good work from individuals.
                      in that respect thank you letters might help.

Vxx

Comment

Absolutely fab Victoria, and the fact of doing this once upheld, may also be a good turning point as such for customers, it will hopefully make them realise as said to you earlier, we are just normal respectable people just doing what we have to do, due to the wrongly doings of the mis selling......!

An email letter to express your appreciation (despite the fact of the mis selling that was not right). We may have felt bitter due to the wrongly doings that were done to us, but if they put this right with good complaint handling, show that we are satisfied and happy with the way they dealt with our complaints, it may also be encouraging.

Back a few years ago, we made a reclaim from Liverpool Victoria, they didnt hesitate at all, and a short time later, they totally agreed to pay up from the wrong doings, as we know not all are this lenient, because of the way they dealt with this, we were satisfied and also thanked them by email, and I must say from my own experience, they were probably one of the best I have ever dealt with, so I respected that.

Great post Victoria honey! x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

So basically we need a thank you letter and of course a letter to the banks/businesses about poor handling, we already know the one at least here lol xx

Comment

Absolutely agree, Di, darling! 100%.
                          thank you!
                          Loulou, my dear, of course it was mis-sold. No doubt about it. Mis-added means mis-sold
                          The good thing is that Lisa Hoyle, who obviously was under instruction not to admit any liability , still found the way to uphold. They were scared that you would take it further and that was a motivation. They decided it was better to uphold for the sake of the company.

let's encourage them to uphold more often. If individual helps to improve their horrible reputation, next time, Lisa Hoyle will not reject automatically, but might try to find the way to uphold.
                          If few of them who are not evil beyond redemption however perhaps, still untrained, they need to be educated and shown it is good to do the right thing.
                          Thank You letter to the individual makes a connection between them and us, in some rare cases their representative may turn from machine to a person and to see us as individuals instead of impersonal group, each to be rejected with identical impersonal generic template rubbish letter.
                          Making a connection with individual via Thank You letter may help future cases, I think.
                          Vxx

Comment

Totally agree, and this is one business that needs some working on for a start. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

It is good to see they do have a few staff that will seriously investigate some complaints, my hubby's was on medical grounds as well, and despite it was not resolved by "S" it was done so by Genworth.

I also remembered earlier as well, my oldest son (he is now 25) lol, well, he was sold a store card in Burton's a few years ago and because he was a full time student, he had a good result from Santander straight off. Being a full time student he would not have been eligible for a claim, but no hesitation on that one.

We just need more success now......:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Good afternoon, my dear friends.
                              I was very pleased to see our "attention sickers", our "usual suspects", such as Santander and Lloyds, getting all that publicity and penalty again.
                              we discussed it yesterday with our wonderful and special Di, and it made our day! Evil should be punished, it is called justice .
                              That combination of 2 topics, Santander, being fined again for lack of training, lack of monitoring, given wrong advice etc., and Lloyds with their "cutting" refunds, together it makes our cases stronger.
                              Mishandling the PPI redress by Lloyds - yet again, and Santander, not abiding by the regulations - as always them together being in the spotlight now, once again proves that those companies are penny wise, however, otherwise are not wise at all
                              It is a good news that PPI redress topic is still a very important matter for the FCA. Those companies, who misbehave, have better watch themselves now. Because they are closely watched by others.
                              They fight tooth and nail with us over relatively not large amounts and, as a result are facing penalties in millions by the FCA, whose guidelines they chose to ignore repeatedly and stubbornly.
                              though on that particular occasions Santander is not fined in the relation to the PPI, however the failings of that company are related to our PPI cases. Those are yet again - lack of training, lack of monitoring, bad advise etc., all so familiar and consistent with our experience.
                              those are the issues which very much affect the way they handle, or rather mishandle our complaints.
                              they are not trained, they are not aware of the FCA guidelines and the relevant regulations and findings from the FOS.
                              people who are in charge of the investigation of our cases are not trained to be able to investigate properly, hence generic rejection letters full of such an absurd, that one would not believe it was written by the grownups.
                              We bring it to the attention of the CEO again and again, the FOS upholds our complaints etc. and charges them penalties, but they refuse to learn from that and to start monitoring their complaints department.
                              The expression "to cut your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.
                              now it is a good time to press even harder on them.
                              even if they do not care about bad publicity, they certainly care about losing money. They do not want to part even with relatively small amounts they owe to us.
                              So if they do not wish to have another penalty to pay, this time related to the PPI redress, they have to start putting their act together.
                              It is important they understand, that it is not just the Ombudsman, we are talking about here, which can help to sort out our individual complaints, but their institutionalised tactics are really the matter for the FCA to investigate.
                              thank you.
                              Vxx

Comment

Well said Victoria honey! :tinysmile_twink_t2: from word to word and am game x

I take it no news in the post for you today then sweetie? x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X