• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

My dear friends, I am so glad that the information is helpful. I am very happy about template section, if it can help, that is fantastic! That is what it is for, to help!
    Please tell me what should be done and I would be delighted to do it.
    thank you!
    Vx

Comment

If I don't get anything I the post I will be firing off another email and head will roll lol! I'll be on the war path thats for sure! Barclays tried it on as well and have put them in their place xxx

Comment

Well done, LouLou, this is the spirit! I am going to send another email to the CEO this coming Monday as well.
        we will put them in their place - in the spot line with the FCA, to pay another fine for failing to comply with the guidelines and not treating customers fairly.
        please keep us posted. Fingers crossed.
        Vx

Comment

Hi Guys! Got the letter from Santander and I got my ppi fees, contractual interest and 8%! I'm in shock lol xx

Comment

Congratulations! Well done!!! Fabulous! They must have gotten the message.
            The question is: does it require previous rejection, email to their CEO etc.?
            No. So they are not off the hook! Not at all!
            The mere fact that you are in shock that you got exactly what they owe you, and it makes you feel shocked! This is telling! They should pay on the top of that for the distress they caused, for your lost time, wasted energy etc.! We have to make them pay properly, literally and metaphorically!
            I am so happy! Bravo.
            but we are only starting with them.
            i dread to imagine how many people they have deceived, who did not have our drive to pursue.
            for the sake of others we should make them reopened old cold rejected cases. Again, congratulations!
            let's see if L'pool will get hers sorted.
            lol
            Vx

Comment

I think it was just to get rid of me lol. Anything I can do to help just shout. xx

Comment

Well done, again!
                so happy!
                will keep you updated, of course.
                Vxxx

Comment

Hi Loulou, very well done. I am so pleased for you. I was really impressed with your mail and it seems to have done the job.

I got a rejection today. Apparently, even though they were fined in 2007 for business done in 2005, all business done before that date was fine!!!!!!!!!!! (One of our sayings is "they must think that I came up the lough in a bubble"!!!) they then went on to quote the amount of premiums that they think I paid........not sure why they thought that was relevant in a case that they were not upholding. So I have fired off another mail, telling them exactly what I think of them and I will now refer it to the Ombudsman. One of the good things about writing to the CEO is that they "have" knowledge of the correspondence.....
                  .... I am really pretty angry, given that most companies charge about .78p /.79p per hundred and were making a profit at that level of income, GE charged £1.50 per hundred, so what profit must they have been making?
                  Anyway, the main thing is that one of us have triumphed and once again, I couldn't be more happy for you. (PS don,t spend wisely!!!!)
                  very best regards
                  :beagle2222:

Comment

A big Congratulations LouLou "again" your having a winning streak!! well done honey and all the best to everyone else too! xx:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                      Hi Guys! Got the letter from Santander and I got my ppi fees, contractual interest and 8%! I'm in shock lol xx
                      Blinkin' Nora.... definately buy some lottery tickets this week Well done
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Victoria honey, not sure if you have checked out this thread on here yet, its from 2012..... Xx:tinysmile_twink_t2:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...g-on-my-nerves

Comment

Thank you, my darling Di. Very interesting. About getting on our nerves...
                          not much has changed.
                          looks like they are not capable to sort themselves out, so, clearly other relevant organisations should be brought in to sort them out.
                          Considering how many mistakes they always make, they are not really in the position to say that anything, let alone sales process, was ever done correctly.
                          Thank you for that link, very telling
                          Vx

Comment

The only thing I note with the FOS, even though they do suggest the Underwriter avenue, if your not able to get this resolved direct with the broker, due to non fsa regulation etc, they will of course take on your underwriter complaint, I note they can often come back to say "sorry they're unable to establish the relationship to the underwriter"

So the fact that you have tried yourself first with them is a good thing really because the letter received from them does not state they are "not" related but obviously are related to the broker business, so in this respect they cannot deny any relationship (you have that proof in front of you in your letter from the underwriter).....so with a bit of luck this will or should succeed with the FOS.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Now with Victoria, you should be fine too, because "S" have also confirmed to you in writing about "G" being their underwriter :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by L'pool64 View Post
                              Hi Loulou, very well done. I am so pleased for you. I was really impressed with your mail and it seems to have done the job.

I got a rejection today. Apparently, even though they were fined in 2007 for business done in 2005, all business done before that date was fine!!!!!!!!!!! (One of our sayings is "they must think that I came up the lough in a bubble"!!!) they then went on to quote the amount of premiums that they think I paid........not sure why they thought that was relevant in a case that they were not upholding. So I have fired off another mail, telling them exactly what I think of them and I will now refer it to the Ombudsman. One of the good things about writing to the CEO is that they "have" knowledge of the correspondence.....
                              .... I am really pretty angry, given that most companies charge about .78p /.79p per hundred and were making a profit at that level of income, GE charged £1.50 per hundred, so what profit must they have been making?
                              Anyway, the main thing is that one of us have triumphed and once again, I couldn't be more happy for you. (PS don,t spend wisely!!!!)
                              very best regards
                              :beagle2222:
                              Thank you! I'll put the offer letter on here tomorrow if it'll help? I don't think Santander will admit to anything being mis sold even with mine 'it was because of a pre existing medical condition not because the policy was mis sold' Surely that in itself shows that it was mis sold?I'm going to have a dig around first thing tomorrow morning to see if I can find anything that will help you. They hold strongly on the fact that if you could've claimed then you couldn't have been mis sold but doesn't help those who were eligible but did not want or ask for cover xx

Comment

Thank you, dear Dazzling Di!
                                it is very helpful and reassuring information.
                                they are related alright by blood, no doubt, they proved it by their letters and attitude. Closely related, twins, both evil twins...
                                thank you so much again for that information.
                                vxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X