• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle money is now arb advisory?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lifestyle money is now arb advisory?

Hi,
    I'm another person who used Lifestyle Money/All Debt Solutions for PPI claims. I phoned Lifestyle Money last week and they have told me that there is still 1 of my claims outstanding and that it has been passed on to ARB Advisory - Lifestyle had been telling me for the last X amount of months that this 1 claim is outstanding. The initial letters of authority were sent to Lifestyle back in April 2012 (for 4 claims). So how 1 of the claims can still be outstanding 16 months later I don't know - I now think it has all been a delaying tactic by Lifestyle to avoid paying back the money that I had paid out in the first place as they told me if there was no refunds due to me for PPI then they would pay back all the money -nearly 3k in total. However my question is if this 1 claim is still outstanding can ARB Advisory take this on from Lifestyle Money? I have never been contacted by anyone from ARB Advisory and never signed anything with them. I just want an end to this either way and will then look at other means of gettng the money back now Lifestyle have gone into liquidation.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi Glenn, I had a call from the MOJ today to tell me Lifestyle has gone into administration and ARB Advisory are taking over their claims. They advised me to seek legal opinion if ARB can take over my case without my authorisation. I will let you know what the outcome is. Regards Rich

Comment

Great, thanks Rich

Comment

Unless you have signed any paperwork from ARB do not give them any signed permissions to act on your behalf. The transfer of interest from Lifestyle Money to ARB has to be checked out thoroughly before you pay them any money.

Comment

I had a call from ARB today who told me that the MOJ and FO has asked them to take on Lifestyle claims and that they work on behalf of Synergy who took on lifestyles claims after they went through. Interestingly Synergy was handling my claim over 12 months ago. Regards Rich

Comment

Interestingly if you look at the Start My Claim website it states on the home page that ''Start My Claim is the website of ARB Advisory''

http://www.startmyclaim.com/

But if you then look at the Terms & Conditions under 'downloads' it says ''Welcome to Start My Claim. We are All Debt Solutions Ltd, trading as Start My Claim''

I've already reported this to MOJ as All Debt Solutions are in administration and people should not be signing any of their contracts.

Comment

It would be interesting Richt1977 if you could post up your original agreement with Lifestyle Money/All Debt Solutions as maybe you may gave your permission that Synergy can work on your claims. When posting up please omit your personal details. ARB is a fairly new to me and I somehow believe that Synergy and ARB are connected in some way but in a recent conversation with Tony xxxxx the director of Synergy he did not 100% answer this question that I put to him. From the MOJ web site I cannot see that ARB and Synergy are connected, so if Synergy is working on your claim what has ARB got to do with this????
                All Debt Solutions Ltd (in Liqui... Abertawe Personal Injury, Financial produ... Authorisation Surrendered 17/07/2013
                Arb Advisory Limited Gloucestershire Personal Injury, Employment matt... Authorised Business 15/02/2013
                Synergy Financial Solutions Limi... West Yorkshire Financial products/services Authorised Business 16/03/2009
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 10th September 2013, 06:45:AM.

Comment

Yes I did give Synergy permission to work on my claim as the 3rd party. My issue is with the deposit or admin fees as they are now calling it. I had a call from ARB who threated to take me to court. I asked them have they looked over my file they said yes. I responded with I will see you in court. Two days later they called me back and said I was right with the 50% of the deposit / admin fee settlement I agreed with lifestyle and they where will to accept it. Come to think of it they have not sent the letter to me saying case closed.

Comment

Make sure you get that letter confirming just that as sometime in the future it may rear it's ugly head again. Thank you for posting an update.

Originally posted by Richt1977 View Post
                    Yes I did give Synergy permission to work on my claim as the 3rd party. My issue is with the deposit or admin fees as they are now calling it. I had a call from ARB who threated to take me to court. I asked them have they looked over my file they said yes. I responded with I will see you in court. Two days later they called me back and said I was right with the 50% of the deposit / admin fee settlement I agreed with lifestyle and they where will to accept it. Come to think of it they have not sent the letter to me saying case closed.

Comment

Hi,

yes, I have a similar story, it seems they took on claims after lifestyle money went down, they have been answering the phone up til now but now its just an answerphone..
                      does anyone have any idea how to contact them now?
                      apparently my claim was with the ombudsman so was nearing completion, though of course this could just be a load of rubbish!

thanks for any help,

Comment

Did you pay Lifestyle an upfront fee?

Did you sign a contract with ARB?

You should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to find out if they have your claim http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

Comment

Dear all, I'm glad I found this thread!

I signed up with Lifestyle Money over three years ago and signed their forms. Never heard anything. So, I started to phone them. Eventually I would speak to someone who told me the claim was 'ongoing'. Eventually... there was no one left to talk to.

A few weeks back I got a call from "Real Time Claims" who said they had picked up from the now defunked LifeStyle Money. I asked about the fee I had paid and was told that that had nothing to do with them but they wanted to start the process again. I agreed.

Strangely, over the phone, she registered me for a website that checks my credit notes, I went through with it. Then, at the end of the call, passed me through the the company to cancel the membership. All very strange and surely underhand and slightly illegal!! The website was Equifax.com ... I felt awful!

So, I cancelled that membership, and the forms arrived in the post in the next day or two. I signed them and sent them off. Now I am receiving phone calls from ARB Advisory. This name was not mentioned in that conversation but I can see from this thread they are somewhat interlinked. They have left voicemails asking me to call them.

Anyway, the most interesting point was when I asked about my initial fee with LifeStyle money... and the girl said I could reclaim it from the Credit Card company from which it was paid as I had paid for a service which I had not received. Is this true? If so, how can I go about this? The credit card I used at that time is now closed. Am I wasting my time?

Even more interestingly, Lifestyle money were based in Swansea, and is, I believe, Real Time Claims... one and the same? I wonder if they are using the same office block, even the same staff!

Please advise, I really don't know if I am being scammed, harassed or simply just out of pocket and have to take it on the chin!

Thanks loads,
                          Alex.

Comment

For ref: Compliance

Real Time Claims Limited, Generator Studios, Trafalgar Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 2LA. Email: info@realtimeclaims.co.uk Tel: 08455 61 61 61. Company Registration Number: 06114275. Ministry of Justice Registration Number: 14758. Real Time Claims is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities; its registration is recorded on the website www.claimsregulation.gov.uk
                            Payments taken by card will appear as "realtimeclaims.co.uk + 08455 61 61 61"

© 2012 Real Time Claims Ltd. Ministry of Justice Registration Number 14758. Registered in the UK
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What did you sign up with Lifestyle money for originally?

What have you signed up for with ''real time claims''?

What money have you paid out to a) lifestyle money and b)real time claims ?

And why did they want to view your credit file?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Taken from the MOJ website for authorised businesses. The MoJ are obviously keeping their eye on this CMC. So if they have stepped out of line, then the MOJ need to be told immediately.It would be intereting to know how Lifestyle Claims got to pass details of clients to Real Time Claims when Redhark Legal was the one mention by Sharma's the receivers. Now according to this undertaking if there is no claim they are appently entitled to repay you from what I understand 1a +1b.

Claims Management Regulation
                                »
                                Claims Management Regulation

Business Details

Business Name: Real Time Claims Ltd Address: Generator Studios, Trafalgar Street
                                Newcastle upon Tyne Town/City: Postcode: NE1 2LA County: Tyne and Wear
                                Trading Names: Financio Sector: Financial products/services Authorisation Number: CRM14758

Real Time Claims Ltd has provided the following undertaking to the Claims Management Regulator in respect of compliance with the Conduct Rules:

1. Real Time Claims Ltd will check their records for all customers passed to them by an introducer business, where an upfront fee has been paid and issue refunds of the amount paid where (a) the client did not have a valid claim or (b) the client did have a valid claim but has requested to withdraw from the contract.

2. Real Time Claims Ltd will supply the Regulator with a schedule of all payments made in accordance with Undertaking 1 above, setting out the details of the client (including contact details); the name of the introducer for the client, how much they have paid; and evidence of the refund provided. The first schedule will be due no later than 5 April 2013 and monthly thereafter.

3. Real Time Claims Ltd will handle all complaints from their clients including complaints relating to the conduct of the introducer business. These complaints will be handled in accordance with the complaints handling procedure.

4. Real Time Claims Ltd will review all arrangements with introducers to ensure they are compliant and take all reasonable steps to ensure that they, and any agents those introducers use, are acting in accordance with the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules 2007.

5. Real Time Claims Ltd will provide quarterly reports of all introducers, agents and other associated businesses in relation to the provision of claims management services used, including details of the nature of the business relationship. In addition Real Time Claims Ltd will provide copies of any new agreements within 7 days of the agreement being signed.

6. I understand that if the Claims Management Regulator receives any evidence that Real Time Claims Ltd has failed to observe the terms of this undertaking, then further enforcement action will be taken to suspend, vary, or cancel the business’s authorisation.

7. I agree to the Claims Management Regulator publishing this undertaking on its website.
                                Last edited by TUTTSI; 5th February 2014, 23:35:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X