• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

:clap2: Great news!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi, First of all Well done!! sorry to jump in but I currently have a claim against Aviva with the FOS, Were your victories via the FOS in the end or were you contacting Aviva directly please? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mydoggyduky View Post
        Hi, First of all Well done!! sorry to jump in but I currently have a claim against Aviva with the FOS, Were your victories via the FOS in the end or were you contacting Aviva directly please? Thanks
        Hi and welcome

If you have already tried to complaint against the broker (which is usually the first avenue) the business that set up and sold you the account and they rejected your complaint, and they were not regulated by the FSA, the FOS then usually suggest the underwriter/insurer.

I pursued the underwriter/insurer myself and was successful and am aware that a few others have been too.

I done my own letter and by all means I can pm you with a copy of it if you wish so you can go by that to help with your's, by tweaking with your reasons etc ;-)

Please let me know, cheers.

Comment

Hi and thankyou!

Yes I complained to Freedom Finance before they went out of business and was told they only processed the loan on behalf of a company called Bespoke Finance in Gibraltar. This was the first I'd heard of Bespoke Finance and they are not mentioned anywhere in my paper work, they fobbed me off and said they were unregulated so tough basically. Freedom Finance are no longer in business so I tried FSCS but as it was end of November 2004 they won't look at it (flippin 5 weeks too early!!) I've complained to Paragon and Aviva so yes now FOS are looking into whether they can hold Aviva accountable and then if they can whether or not I have a complaint so could take years.

If you wouldn't mind PM-ing me your letter that would be great thankyou!

Comment

Hi and thankyou!

Yes I complained to Freedom Finance before they went out of business and was told they only processed the loan on behalf of a company called Bespoke Finance in Gibraltar. This was the first I'd heard of Bespoke Finance and they are not mentioned anywhere in my paper work, they fobbed me off and said they were unregulated so tough basically. Freedom Finance are no longer in business so I tried FSCS but as it was end of November 2004 they won't look at it (flippin 5 weeks too early!!) I've complained to Paragon and Aviva so yes now FOS are looking into whether they can hold Aviva accountable and then if they can whether or not I have a complaint so could take years.

If you wouldn't mind PM-ing me your letter that would be great thankyou!
            Hi there
            Thanks for that and have pm'd you with letter details x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi there
              Thankyou maybe i will get there one day! thanks again for your help

Comment

Thankyou maybe i will get there one day! thanks again for your help
                Good luck, and keep us posted xx
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

hi Kez31, so sorry to jump in here . I, too, have a claim against Aviva which has been with the FSO for almost 2 years. The Adjudicator originally rejected it and I appealed. Again it was rejected and I asked for it to go to Ombudsman. I received a provisional decision upholding my claim on 17th May. He asked for any further info before 18th June when he would make his final decision. I heard nothing until I called the FSO last week. They have told me that Aviva are planning to settle my claim but need further info from Welcome Finance. I thought the deadline was 18th June ?. They now need another couple of weeks.
                  Would you advise me to chase it in a couple of weeks?
                  Any advice would be very much appreciated

Comment

Hi, I am about to pursue an underwriter for PPi-on advice from the Ombudssman-can I please have a copy of the letter you sent.

Thanks-please PM me.

Comment

Hi there
                      Hi Di,

Sorry to also jump in on this but could you kindly forward letter details to me.

I have an ongoing complaint with Welcome and guess what after eight weeks they have now refered to dial 4 a Loan (who I pressume is the broker) for their investigation.

I now today received a letter from the latter mentioned above saying that they request copy of questionnaire details originally sent to Welcome (in which I have sent recorded today) and that they will attempt to respond to within another 8 weeks !

The PPI Policy is with Norwich Union - Shall I await dial 4 a loan's response first or should I also contact Norwich Union ?

I am becoming rather frustrated now with Welcome as only received a letter from them last week advising that they were still investigating and no mention of dial 4 a loan !

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                        Hi Di,

Sorry to also jump in on this but could you kindly forward letter details to me.

I have an ongoing complaint with Welcome and guess what after eight weeks they have now refered to dial 4 a Loan (who I pressume is the broker) for their investigation.

I now today received a letter from the latter mentioned above saying that they request copy of questionnaire details originally sent to Welcome (in which I have sent recorded today) and that they will attempt to respond to within another 8 weeks !

The PPI Policy is with Norwich Union - Shall I await dial 4 a loan's response first or should I also contact Norwich Union ?

I am becoming rather frustrated now with Welcome as only received a letter from them last week advising that they were still investigating and no mention of dial 4 a loan !
                        Hi and not a problem, I shall dig it out and send you a pm as soon as I come across it.

The letter I will send you will be the one to the underwriter, this is usually the final avenue if your not able to get anywhere with the broker who set up and sold you the account.
                        When you complain to the broker, its usually a reclaim questionnaire, but take it you have gone that avenue?

I note you said your still awaiting a response from dial 4 a loan, if these were the sellers then your right to pursue these, Norwich union I take it are the insurers/also known as underwriters, but usually the normal direction is to the broker, and if they are covered by the FSA, and were at the time you taken out the account, you have your right to complain to the FOS (Financial ombudsman service).

The letter I have is for the underwriter in your case as said Norwich Union, where if rejected and not regulated by the FOS, then you can pursue the underwriter, as the wording is important when you raise your complaint with them, as its not easy, but it can be done.

I would as well chase up with the one your waiting for, and give them a few days, or even write to the manager of dial 4 a loan and tell them his or her complaints dept failed to give you a decison within the given 8 week timescale, so your now requesting they look into this for you and to provide you with one by 7 days.
                        I will as well on the weekend forward you my letter in case you end up of having to go the underwriter/insurer avenue. :-)

Comment

Hi
                          I have an update with regards our PPI with Aviva, had two letters 1 from FOS who state that aviva are resonsible for the sale back in 2001 and they will look at the mis-sel of the ppi. Also another from Aviva who no admit responsibilty for the sale but do not agree it was mis-sold. Progress at last

Gill x

Comment

Thank you for the update :-)
                            Hope all is resolved soon Gill, fingers crossed x

Comment

Hi and welcome (no pun intended) lol.
                              Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, please keep us posted.

Yes I was successful in writing to my underwriter/insurer a few months back, I did not bother asking the FOS, and had a go myself, careful wording is required when complaining to the underwriter.

Any probs, please let us know, I realise the FOS are dealing with your complaint, but despite that, do let us know, good luck.
                              Can you let me know how to dost art a thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy22 View Post
                                Can you let me know how to dost art a thread
                                I note you have correctly started your threads, but just to post up here anyway in case someone else wants to do so as well x

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ewthread&f=125

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X