• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi with Welcome Finance. FOS now pursuing AVIVA as underwriter

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    " standard" letter, from memory.
    Ok I will try and find something on the site somewhere.

Thanks for your help again and will keep forum posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Ok I will try and find something on the site somewhere.

Thanks for your help again and will keep forum posted.
      Sorry for the short responce earlier mopping up after a down pour.
      All this happened before the judgement you mentioned and I am not sure how this changed things wish some one would tell you.
      Bump again for [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]asis45 if he can help or direct you to someone who can!
      Good luck in any event I know how devious Welcome can be.
      Personally waiting for a responce from FOS about a relationship between Kensington and TML have proof again but must contact FOS again as that is nearly a year now.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Sorry for the short responce earlier mopping up after a down pour.
        All this happened before the judgement you mentioned and I am not sure how this changed things wish some one would tell you.
        Bump again for @Nemasis45 if he can help or direct you to someone who can!
        Good luck in any event I know how devious Welcome can be.
        Personally waiting for a responce from FOS about a relationship between Kensington and TML have proof again but must contact FOS again as that is nearly a year now.
        No probs and thanks dogtired.

Sorry was that a broker / lender relationship ?

I have been reading up on the case but I am a little confused as I have another ppi complaint with FOS where the Underwriter has now admitted liability and are now discussing with FOS how to proceed further.

Yet on this case FOS commented as my post # 59 and are looking at a relationship between broker / lender ?

Can anyone possibly enlighten me as to which should be correct as all seems contradictory concerning the FOS take on this.

Thank-you

Comment

[MENTION=36423]Bazza[/MENTION]
          You and me both hope someone knows in all the ones I have had with FOS they have been inconsistent to say the least!
          In the TML case that was via an advise centre ( since closed).
          They " recomended" Kensington but it turned out that at the time they were part of the same group.
          They insisted we take out mortgage protection ( PPI) the two offers were exactly the same but the Kensington one did not have PPI on it. When we tried to claim when I lost my job they said it wasn't on our aggrement. Ramped on the charges, would not listen and tried to foreclose, Went to court and got an agreement. This is now all sorted and if anything we are a bit ahead.
          FOS are looking at the whole thing as a miss sell.

Comment

@Bazza
            You and me both hope someone knows in all the ones I have had with FOS they have been inconsistent to say the least!
            In the TML case that was via an advise centre ( since closed).
            They " recomended" Kensington but it turned out that at the time they were part of the same group.
            They insisted we take out mortgage protection ( PPI) the two offers were exactly the same but the Kensington one did not have PPI on it. When we tried to claim when I lost my job they said it wasn't on our aggrement. Ramped on the charges, would not listen and tried to foreclose, Went to court and got an agreement. This is now all sorted and if anything we are a bit ahead.
            FOS are looking at the whole thing as a miss sell.
            Thanks dogtired, all seems a bit of a grey area at the moment but what concerns me is on one case FOS / Underwriters advise mis-selling then on another FOS completely dismiss any Underwriter liability ?

What concerns me also is that with my Welcome complaint, I contacted Direct group who provided policy details with Norwich Union / Aviva details on it and when I contacted them they had no record of any policy using the references provided ?

Now did the policy ever exist or was it brokered internally within the Welcome set-up ?

Did you send a SAR to the policy administrator Direct Group and Underwriters ?

Comment

@Bazza.
              To the CEO of Aviva Direct group denyed all knowledge.
              As you say a very grey area and FOS do not seem to know left from right!
              Also look at some of [MENTION=4775]Sparkie1723[/MENTION] posts he is in a battle with Black Horse.

Comment

@Bazza.
                To the CEO of Aviva Direct group denyed all knowledge.
                As you say a very grey area and FOS do not seem to know left from right!
                Also look at some of Sparkies posts he is in a battle with Black Horse.
                OK cheers dogtired.

Right about the Ombudsman in which I have already discussed about with them but seem to not really know, which is worrying !

I will do as I have another complaint with an unregulated Black Horse loan.

Hopefully someone else will be able to enlighten me about the bare facts of the Plevin / Paragon court case.

Comment

OK cheers dogtired.

Right about the Ombudsman in which I have already discussed about with them but seem to not really know, which is worrying !

I will do as I have another complaint with an unregulated Black Horse loan.

Hopefully someone else will be able to enlighten me about the bare facts of the Plevin / Paragon court case.
                  The link is for the FCA/FOS following Plevin.........next steps if you will explains what is being considered in light of.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Plevin-ruling
                  Last edited by Fred; 8th January 2016, 16:59:PM.

Comment

Thank you @Fred.
                    Thats going to take some reading!
                    Hope it helps @Bazza

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                    The link is for the FCA/FOS following Plevin.........next steps if you will explains what is being considered in light of.

Comment

Thank you @Fred.
                      Hope it helps @Bazza
                      Its not so bad if you just do the page 42 onwards (Plevin)............its good because it is a huge insight to what the FOS will/may standardise in its procedures giving rise to what the complainant needs to be asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

A belated thanks Fred and I will have a look.

Comment

Thank you @Fred.
                          Hope it helps @Bazza
                          Thanks dogtired.

Well after my further conversation with FOS I today received a response regarding my comments re Norwich Union / Aviva involvement with ppi mis-sale.

Yet again from another different adjudicator and who has only copied what was stated on my original adjudicator rejection letter in which is still with the ombudsman re my Welcome complaint.

Do I just accept this or do I still complain to Underwriters ? Shall I also reply to the adjudicator's comments ?

My policy clearly states that Cattles / Welcome, Norwich Union and Direct Group were GISC regulated at time of sale.

It also states that the policy was arranged by Cattles plc and administered by Direct Group and Underwritten by Norwich Union / Aviva.

Any further advise what to do next would be appreciated.
                          Attached Files

Comment

@Bazza
                            I am really at a loss as how to advise you. @Fred any pointers?

Comment

@Bazza
                              I am really at a loss as how to advise you. @Fred any pointers?
                              Ok thanks again dogtired.

I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time complaining to Norwich Union / Aviva as PPI was sold through unregulated broker but lender etc were.

Comment

Ok thanks again dogtired.

I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time complaining to Norwich Union / Aviva as PPI was sold through unregulated broker but lender etc were.
                                I would always try!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X