• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Congrats and well done, DT !!!!

Comment

Congratulations, dogtired!

Comment

YAY well done and Congratulations DT!!! So chuffed for you, good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Mav1874 View Post
          Hi folks

Apologies for this being my first post but I have been reading this with huge interest due to my problems in a similar case. My wife had a Dorothy Perkins card with PPI (Acc Cover shown on the statements)and I have approached Santander cards due to misselling and was told to get lost. Effectively! This is despite this product being pushed by a girl in a store with the "everything you buy is pay nothing today and you get an extra 10% off!" So Santander binned me and I was referred to FLA who seem pretty hopeless and done nothing. So thinking that was as far as I could go and having to clear my house due to dry rot in the floorboards I binned most of the documents. However I kept the T&C's and it shows that the underwriters were Financial Assurance Company Limited which is better known as Genworth. So my question is, do you think it would be worth approaching Genworth or did I mess up by leaving it so long since my FLA letter of rejection? It was received in January this year.

Di you seem to have a knack for pointing people in the right direction and I'd be interested to hear your (and everyones) thoughts. If you think its worthwhile trying it, would you mind sending me a copy of your draft letter to give me an idea of what to refer to?

Its not a big case, but considering its the worst case of misselling it really gets on my goat that Santander (GE Bank) can get away with fobbing people off.

All the best folks
          Hi there

And my answer to that is definately YES!!!

I will forward you a PM of a letter I done myself to Genworth for the same reasons, and you should hopefully succeed!
          Genworth are pretty good and lenient more so that some of the underwriters.
          Give me a min or 2 to get my letter and expect a PM shortly.

Comment

Mav1874
            PM just sent to you, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Theoldbag View Post
              I spoke to fos. They advised send it onto gemworth. I didnt do covering letter. Just sent FOS form and rejection letter from Santander.

It wasnt a big amount - c £600

Gemworth wrote back last week and I shd have money 30 days

Go for it!
              Well done to you!!! Happy for you and every penny adds up, good one! ;-) x

Comment

PM received thanks Di. I shall get something drafted this evening and off to them tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on.

Fingers (and everything else!) crossed!

Comment

Spoke with FOS as well today, thank you to them, they told me that they had approached Aviva with a batch so some more of you may get lucky!
                  Wish I could buy you all a drink! But will raise a glass, once it is cleared going to be sensable and get back up to date with mortgage.
                  Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                    Spoke with FOS as well today, thank you to them, they told me that they had approached Aviva with a batch so some more of you may get lucky!
                    Wish I could buy you all a drink! But will raise a glass, once it is cleared going to be sensable and get back up to date with mortgage.
                    Excellent, sounds hopeful then DT

Comment

Am so pleased DG well done for hanging in there and thanks to all who helped out xx

Comment

And thank you to who ever updated my VIP!

Comment

That poor dog looks worn out!
                          About time it went out for a lovely and happy run around
                          XXX

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            That poor dog looks worn out!
                            About time it went out for a lovely and happy run around
                            XXX
                            She did, twice, today!

Comment

Hi Di,
                              I have been following this thread for a while now and I am in a very similar situation ref Santander / Genworth. Would really appreciate a copy of your letter you sent to Genworth in the first instance, have already been down the Santander route with no success and a load of standard blurb from them !!!!
                              Thanks
                              Craig

Comment

Craig

Just forward the fos form to genworth

They are getting so many of them

Genworth contact Santander to get the premiums paid then write to you with an offer x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X