• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Originally posted by enaid View Post
    I have pmd you the letter that Di sent, it is not a template, it is for guidance only and obviously change the details on there for those of your own
    Will it be possible for me to have a copy of the letter as well please?

Santander has just rejected my claim and gave a pile of poo to tell me why they think I don't have a case here. I was a student at the time the PPI was sold to me. I would think I was disqualified for the PPI cover straight away then, but still GE Money carried on charging me premium for my store card… It's not a huge amount of money, but it's the principle.

Thank you

Comment

PMd you the letter as said it's not a template adjust to suit and good luck, also let us know if you an how it goes it will help others

Comment

Hi, I am new to the forum, I to have been having trouble with santander.they have said they are not upholding my complaint.it is a storecard wallis they say their initial investigations indecate that my ppi policy was arranged by creations financial services in june 2003 up until july 2004 when ge money, then took them over santander this is true but from 2004 to 2015 it is santander /genworth they say they are not upholding the complaint because ge money offered an upgraded policy insept 2004 and they are confident that ge money made me aware of the main terms and conditions of this policy. I have sent them evidence that I was unemployed a mature student, that I had a pre exsisting medical condition and also disabled, I sent this information with my qustionair.this was followed by a refusal
        from santander.i then emailed the ceo 3weeks ago who replyed saying they will investigate.sorry for the long winded message.
        p

Comment

If you have only sent your complaint to Santander so far, you now need to do 2 things with the Santander Response Letter and a copy of your complaint.

1. Send it to Genworth Insurance who covered the period after 2004 when GE Capital Bank was the Lender.
          Genworth (Financial Insurance Company Limited), Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5HR

2. Send it to St Andrews Insurance who covered the period before 2004 when Creation was the lender.
          St Andrew's Insurance PLC, PO BOX 534, Uxbridge UB8 1WF
          Last edited by robin-hood; 2nd June 2016, 17:39:PM.

Comment

Thank you RobinHood,
            I did contact genworth but as soon as I mentioned ppi they said all complaints to santander not us so they must be working together at refusing to uphold no matter what.
            I have also contacted creations by email all they came up with was that the account number no longer
            valid on their system 12 years after ge money took it over, they have taken my old address to see if anything shows up not holding my breath.
            I have not had any trouble claiming back ppi from banks and catalogues once I have supplied my evidence, surely it costs santander more money in the long run when they know the fo will up hold the claim. Thank you for supplying me with creations underwriters address.

Comment

Please ignore anything you are told by Santander, Creation, Genworth or St Andrews and just follow what I wrote in my last message.
              Last edited by robin-hood; 2nd June 2016, 17:37:PM.

Comment

Hi would it be possible to have a copy of di letter she sent to the underwriters.i am not very good at this , mine will be to st andrews underwriters of creation financial services.mine was a wallis card 2003 taken over by genworth 2004 but santander are saying it was not a resale of policy just an upgrade which when I spoke to the ombudsmen today they were not regulated until 2005 so anything before will be down to st andrews as they and creations sold the policy, looks like that now is my only recourse.

Comment

Ok Poppy pmd it to you x

Comment

Thank you so much enaid for you help

Comment

Despite my previous messages about ignoring anything you are told by Genworth or Santander, it seems that you are still wanting to follow Santander's advice over what I have written. It does not matter that your PPI was an alleged "upgrade", the provider still had a an obligation to ensure that the provision of the PPI was fair. So Genworth are on the hook for this in 2004 (not Santander because, as FOS told you, Santander were not in jurisdiction until Jan 2005).

For the period before 2004, send to St Andrew's. So you will be making 2 separate complaints.

In both cases, the sale of the PPI was something called "Non Advised". This means that a standard PPI complaint template letter focusing on Optionality, Suitability or Compelled Sale will NOT be sufficient to win your case. You will only win your cases if you can demonstrate one of the following -

1. You did not sign separately for the PPI - this generally only applies before mid 90's!
                      2. You had a medical condition - this can be something as simple as arthritis or high blood pressure. Generally, anything for which you were taking medication or was documented in your medical records.
                      3. You had any disability.
                      4. You were unemployed, student, retired or working less than 16 hours per week.
                      5. You were self-employed - - this generally only applies before late 90's!
                      6. You had good sick pay - 6 Full 6 Half or better
                      7. You had good savings - generally 6 months worth of salary or better.

Please take heed of what I have written - if you do not fall into one of the categories above then you will not win.

Comment

Thank you robin hood points 2,3,4 and 7 are relevent to me

Comment

Is it possible anyone can send me a copy of Di's letter thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Angela2222uk View Post
                            Is it possible anyone can send me a copy of Di's letter thanks
                            PMd it to you remember it's only a guide change to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              PMd it to you remember it's only a guide change to suit.
                              Hi enaid, is it possible to get a copy of Di's letter as a guide as well? Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DetFlop View Post
                                Hi enaid, is it possible to get a copy of Di's letter as a guide as well? Many thanks
                                Pmd it to you, please get back to us with the outcome regardless of the result, thanks Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X