• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BBC programme on PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC programme on PPI

Dear Sir or Madam, I'm a BBC journalist currently working on a programme about PPI. The aim of the programme is to tell the story of what actually has happened. I'm very interested in talking to people with experience of selling it. If you have the relevant experience perhaps you could email me your contact details at anna.meisel@bbc.co.uk or call me on 02087525411. Your help will be much eppreciated. I look forward to hearing from you, Anna
    Tags: None

Re: BBC programme on PPI

Are you looking a bank people who work/did work within financial institutions or customers who were (mis)sold accounts? or those who reclaimed missold accounts?

Just to clarify the types of people you are looking to make contact with you
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi - thank you for replying to my thread. I am looking to talk to people who work/used to work for banks/call centres etc. and have experience of selling PPI to customers. Thanks

Comment

I knew you would say that. How much info on PPI do you need? Incentives/bonuses? profit per policy?
        I kinda was known by another name on the forums(natweststaffmember) so kinda might have known some of that kinda information. Will need to ask someone here if they still have some information that might be useful for you
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Leclerc - do you want to email me your telephone number and I will give you a call? Might be easier if we have a quick chat. Best Regards, Anna

Comment

have a read of this thread ----

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Regs&highlight=

it will reveal company boasts regarding ppi sales techniques

could do with a bit of help trying to identify the bank in one of the posts

Comment

Thanks for replying to my post. Sadly I don't have access to it. Would you be available for a quick chat on the phone? If so, could you email me your contact details at anna.meisel@bbc.co.uk. Thank you.

Comment

read all of this link

http://www.fts-ltd.com/vertical1.php#dc

provides an insight into how PPI was sold pre January 2005 -- regulation

Secrets revealed on how a company "used" extra "opportunities" to sell PPI pre the 2005 Regulations. including boosting debt collection etc etc

-----------------------------
                quoting from the above link it appears this bragging (self condeming ) info was posted around 2003/2004

"FINANCIAL OUTBOUND TELESALES

Client
                A leading provider of store credit cards

Objective
                Our client needed to address the apathy of card-holding customers who were not using their store cards once they had benefited from a low percentage-rate for balance transfers.

Solution
                FTS called 'dormant' cardholders to promote the card, the service and the store in order to revive customer interest and spending. We also suggested that each call was an opportunity to sell payment protection insurance.

Outcome
                Outbound calls achieved an excellent conversion rate of 18.5% with a minimal cancellation rate of 2.5% in the first 60 days. This is now an ongoing campaign. Due to impending FSA regulation, store staff will not be able to sell this product after January 2005; the client is therefore reliant on FTS for income generation coupled with first class customer service"

so it appears (by the companies own admission) to that this company actually sold the ppi on these storecards in the period pre 14th Jan 2005 -regulation- obviously this company knew nothing about the individuals it phoned circumstances. ...........................methinks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                can anyone identify the subsidary here ? looks like this bragging was done 2003 /2004 ?

INBOUND SALES - RETAIL

Client

A large subsidiary of one of the top 5 banks in the UK market for retail credit card services. Our client 'partners' with retailers in most sectors to advance customer relationships by developing brand-led in-store financial products.

Objectives

In-store conversion rates for sale of Card Payment Protection vary enormously. The challenge for FTS was to offer a successful contact centre solution to increase revenue generated per card; increase customer retention; increase store card balance; increase card usage and footfall ... and to increase communication of brand values to the customer.

Solution

In partnership with our client and sister company, Cardif Pinnacle, FTS developed a sales programme based on a very simple concept: all newly issued cards would include an 'activation' sticker requesting each card-holder to activate their card by calling a non-geographical number. This call would provide a second opportunity to offer Card Payment Protection.

Outcome

Since the change in regulation in January 2005, store staff have no longer been allowed to sell Payment Protection products in-store. All insurance sales now have to be undertaken in a controlled and compliant environment that is FSA registered. The onus is fully on FTS to compensate for sales lost at point-of-sale!

to quote FTS "Our parent company is BNP Paribas Assurance*, a global provider of insurance and savings products. Key trading entities of BNP Paribas Assurance, Cardif Assurance Vie and Cardif-Assurances"

so on quoting "This call would provide a second opportunity to offer Card Payment Protection." methinks we can see who actually sold the ppi here ? pre 14th January 2005
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X