• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

A MASSIVE WELL DONE :di30sig:XXXXX
    Originally posted by di30 View Post
    £2,619.00 paid into my bank account this morning and the further redress for distress and inconvenience I should receive next week, cheers folks xx

Comment

£2619.00 could NOT, go to a more DESERVING, or NICE, person than YOU Di

WELL DONE HUN

ENJOY:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Thank you all, you've all been absolutely amazing! xxxxx:tinysmile_kiss_t4::tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Belated congrats as usual, Di. Well done indeed. You seem to have turned LTSB's hard attitude right round - despite your claustrophobia, arachnophobia, and (more latterly) pithecophobia !!! :billk:

Comment

First off Di30. well done on your reclaim. I came across the thread from a look up in Yahoo. I am in a similar dilemma to yourself It has taken me two sittings to read through the 23 pages of posts. Your continued fight has lifted my spirits . I am amazed at how often you chase things . So far I have written a few letters filled out a few forms and patiently waited in some occassions the 8 weeks to get a response. I had no idea you can chase things by email . Im impressed by your Jack Russell ternacity(if thats how you spell that)

My fight is with Ocean Finance/ EPF / Hamilton, the timescales are practically identical to yours July 2004, settled around September 2005. The issues are identical yours

Ocean Finance the brokers, EPF the lenders and Hamilton Insurance the insurance company.

I plan to create a seperate Thread to this one , but wondered if i detailed it all there, You and the good folks here would be interested in helping me out. Basically I have been getting the run around.

I will however have to wait untill at least tomorrow as some of my paperwork is not here and to post I really need to explain with details so i can pursue with your help from there

Brief resume tho is

The Ocean Finance that dealt with the loan was sectioned off under a Paul Newey as a sole trader(Period prior to January 2005 !. SoOcean Finances and Mortgages Ltd said I should approach him. Did a wee look up to see where Mr Newey was in all this and seems he continued as MD of the new company also and subsequently sold if off in 2006. see news link

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmin...5233-22729307/

I have not yet approached that avenue, but did speak to the FOS about this . maybe Feb 2012. They hinted that I probably couldn't pursue a sole trader and suggested i go down the Insurer route

Around March/ April 2012

The FOS contacted Aviva on my behalf who sent a questionnaire. I sent Aviva all documentation . This subsequently took them the a full 8 weeks (22nd May) to respond stating. The responsiblity for the sale of the policy will rest with HFC bank !!! . They then quote address to write to as

HFC Bank Ltd
            PO Box 5207
            Coventry
            CV3 9FB

On receipt I phoned FOS, who said in light of this , they will change the pursuant to HFC , but would retain the complaint as open. They would write to HFC to initiate the complaint.

On Thursday of this week I receive a letter form wait for it EPF, referring the my letter of the 21st March! I do remember phoning EPF but no letter at that point. I assume this is a follow up to the FOS chasing with HFC.

Anyway letter is basically back heeling the complaint from EPF to Ocean Finance . quoting that Ocean sold the ppi and were not an agent of EPF etc.

Di is this beginning to sound familiar.

Anyway took papers into work Friday to try and call FOS , but one thing and another with work I didn't get a chance and left some of it there. Hence cant post on the details today.

I am hoping from the Good work Di has done here it should aid my path immensely.

Bur your support would be appreciated.

I will send the link to the post once I have created it

Best Regards

Happiness

Comment

Originally posted by Happiness6500 View Post
              First off Di30. well done on your reclaim. I came across the thread from a look up in Yahoo. I am in a similar dilemma to yourself It has taken me two sittings to read through the 23 pages of posts. Your continued fight has lifted my spirits . I am amazed at how often you chase things . So far I have written a few letters filled out a few forms and patiently waited in some occassions the 8 weeks to get a response. I had no idea you can chase things by email . Im impressed by your Jack Russell ternacity(if thats how you spell that)

My fight is with Ocean Finance/ EPF / Hamilton, the timescales are practically identical to yours July 2004, settled around September 2005. The issues are identical yours

Ocean Finance the brokers, EPF the lenders and Hamilton Insurance the insurance company.

I plan to create a seperate Thread to this one , but wondered if i detailed it all there, You and the good folks here would be interested in helping me out. Basically I have been getting the run around.

I will however have to wait untill at least tomorrow as some of my paperwork is not here and to post I really need to explain with details so i can pursue with your help from there

Brief resume tho is

The Ocean Finance that dealt with the loan was sectioned off under a Paul Newey as a sole trader(Period prior to January 2005 !. SoOcean Finances and Mortgages Ltd said I should approach him. Did a wee look up to see where Mr Newey was in all this and seems he continued as MD of the new company also and subsequently sold if off in 2006. see news link

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmin...5233-22729307/

I have not yet approached that avenue, but did speak to the FOS about this . maybe Feb 2012. They hinted that I probably couldn't pursue a sole trader and suggested i go down the Insurer route

Around March/ April 2012

The FOS contacted Aviva on my behalf who sent a questionnaire. I sent Aviva all documentation . This subsequently took them the a full 8 weeks (22nd May) to respond stating. The responsiblity for the sale of the policy will rest with HFC bank !!! . They then quote address to write to as

HFC Bank Ltd
              PO Box 5207
              Coventry
              CV3 9FB

On receipt I phoned FOS, who said in light of this , they will change the pursuant to HFC , but would retain the complaint as open. They would write to HFC to initiate the complaint.

On Thursday of this week I receive a letter form wait for it EPF, referring the my letter of the 21st March! I do remember phoning EPF but no letter at that point. I assume this is a follow up to the FOS chasing with HFC.

Anyway letter is basically back heeling the complaint from EPF to Ocean Finance . quoting that Ocean sold the ppi and were not an agent of EPF etc.

Di is this beginning to sound familiar.

Anyway took papers into work Friday to try and call FOS , but one thing and another with work I didn't get a chance and left some of it there. Hence cant post on the details today.

I am hoping from the Good work Di has done here it should aid my path immensely.

Bur your support would be appreciated.

I will send the link to the post once I have created it

Best Regards

Happiness

Well hello there

Oh yes please do post up in a new thread we can of course look into where this is going.

And your case does certainly sound familiar to mine.

Please post when you are ready and we will take a look.

Cheers so much.

Comment

Hi

Just wondered if you got round to contacting the FOS about this after?

I was passed from pillar to post and it does seem that you are going the same way.

Just curious, as EPF stated that Ocean were the brokers that arranged the loan, do you know if they were regulated at all, for example by GISC/FSA?

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X