• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Given the number of views to this thread, it can only have done damage to HFC. I just do not understand why they don't settle quickly but prefer to drag things out. Shame on them.

Take my PPI claim with Capital One for instance. I have a claim for £250 in mis-sold PPI. But will they admit they mis-sold it (despite it being a non-advised tickbox application, sold when I had to call to activate my card)?. No they won't. They prefer to pay the FOS £500 and have me start posts on this forum and OTR and THEN they will eventually end up paying me the £250 anyway. Its just not worth their while and I really 'don't get' the mindset of these organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      Given the number of views to this thread, it can only have done damage to HFC. I just do not understand why they don't settle quickly but prefer to drag things out. Shame on them.

Take my PPI claim with Capital One for instance. I have a claim for £250 in mis-sold PPI. But will they admit they mis-sold it (despite it being a non-advised tickbox application, sold when I had to call to activate my cardpaying)?. No they won't. They prefer to pay the FOS £500 and have me start posts on this forum and OTR and THEN they will eventually end up me the £250. Its just not worth their while and I really 'don't get' the mindset of these organisations.

It's flipping crazy isn't it?
      Basically they are continuing to keep punishing the customers, yet they are doing it to themselves as well............muppets.

Comment

I think so. But then I think the people they employ in their customer service teams (inlcuding the scanners LOL) basically do it to justify their jobs in the organisation.
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        oh sorry, did they mean the HFC SCAMMING Department?
        Last edited by The Debt Star; 15th September 2011, 22:40:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think so. But then I think the people they employ in their customer service teams (inlcuding the scanners LOL) basically do it to justify their jobs in the organisation.

LOL, that's likely to be the case.

I am annoyed with the fact that this case could have been resolved earlier, even if they did reject it and confirm from the start they did sell the PPI back in 2004, at least we this may have gone further by now with the FOS, so basically we are back to round one again.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          PMSL, yeah SCAMMING rings the bell LOL
          Last edited by di30; 15th September 2011, 22:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well make sure the interest claimed is right uptodate!

Comment

Oh yes defo!

Even though its not a huge amount, but its the principal of it, they did rebate so much of it on settlement to reduce the balance, it will soon add up with the interest.

Comment

Received an email from HFC to confirm letter posted this morning, so should either receive this in tomorrow or Monday's post.

Comment

I wonder what the scamming department will say.....

Comment

I wonder what the scamming department will say.....

LOL I dread to think LOL.

They investigated it rather quick really didn't they, considering it was only received a day or 2 ago? I know I did ask them to get back by 14 days, but still, did they investigate properly or brush it off once again?

I just hope this mean some good news to come out of it, getting all anxious now :tinysmile_cry_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Wish they could tell me by email!

I asked if this was just an aknowledgement letter to my complaint or a decision, she said its the final response, now my guts are juddering, arh well at least the adjudicator's leaving the case open.

Dear Mr & Mrs

It is the final response letter that has been issued today.

Kind Regards

Team Leader of Central Complaints | HFC UK
                      Camden House West, Birmingham, B1 3PY, UK

Comment

I have kept the Adjudicator updated, shame he could not contact them to check on the decision really.
                        He could do though surely couldn't he? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

We've said all along that you have a lazy FOS adjudicator. You should have demanded he assign it to his line manager, and still should if this isn't progressed now.

Comment

We've said all along that you have a lazy FOS adjudicator. You should have demanded he assign it to his line manager, and still should if this isn't progressed now.

Yes so true TDS.
                            Well I will see what this letter brings, and take it from there, if I don't think he is going to push on this then its time to go that direction, delayed I know but with a bit of luck I won't have to go back to him at all. Although my feelings are mixed on this at the moment. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Just hope I don't have to wait until Monday for the decision, will be keeping an eye on the postie now lol.

Comment

WON

UPHELD!!!

Will post details up later, a battle getting there, but with my letter they received just a few days ago they upheld on that.............PHEW!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X