• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Well done Di, another success.

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
      Well done Di, another success.

Thank you x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Letters received on both calculations, as I have lack of paperwork due to these I've not a lot to go or compare to, even though in the above letter of when it was upheld does say the premium and partial refunds when these were settled.

Dear

Thank you for your patience while I have calculated your refund on the Loan Protection Insurance Policy on the above loan. I have received your signed acceptance slip and can now confirm the details of your final refund. I have calculated your refund so that you are put back in the position that you would have been had you not taken out this policy.

We processed your refund upon the receipt of your acceptance. If you have not received this payment please allow up to 21 days for the refund to reach your account.

Your refund will include the following;

Loan number ********

1) £310.43 - this is the amount I have calculated that you paid for the policy during the policy was active. When making this calculation I have only taken into account the actual payments you have made.

2) £279.43 - This is an additional payment of 8% simple interest which we have calculated on the amount that you paid for the policy during the period it was active.

As you settled your loan early, I have also calculated the difference between the settlement balance you paid and what your settlement balance would have been if you had not taken out the policy.
        We will pay you the difference of £173.34 with an additional payment of £143.29 which represents 8% siimple interest. I have calculated your refund in accordance with the Financial Ombudsman Service guidelines.

(Next loan ppi refund)

Loan number ********

Wording on letter the same as above.

Your refund will include the following:

1) £268.48 - this is the amount that I have calculated that you paid for during the period that the policy was active. When making this calculation I have only taken into account the actual payments you have made.

2) £214.40 - this is an additional payment of 8% interest which we have calculated on the amount you have paid for the policy during the period it was active.

As you settled early, I have also calculated the difference between the settlement balance you have paid and what your settlement balance would have been if you had not taken out the policy.
        We will pay you this difference of £432.06 with an additional payment of £330.59 which represents 8% simple interest.

I have calculated your refund in accordance with the Financial Ombudsman Service guidelines.

Nice one Di well done

Comment

Thank you x

I am happy with that, especially as I did not have much evidence to go by.

I know there are another 2 at the most that were taken out in 1996 and 1997, and PPI was added to them as well, can always remember these being the very first loans we had ever taken out and was told we had to have ppi to be accepted for the loan or no loan.
          And of course worthless to me then receiving my children's benefits.

Comment

Well done Di - very pleased that you are finally getting these sorted

Nellie xxx

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
              Well done Di - very pleased that you are finally getting these sorted

Nellie xxx

Thank you hun, these were as you know older ones, the one to pay off the other lol.

I am too going to look into even older ones from the mid 90's, I remember 2 being taken out in 1996 and another to clear that one in 1997, but no details whatsoever, but remember them being the first loans we ever taken out and they told us again PPI was all part of having the loan.

Just need to try to get hold of some details somehow though lol.

Di
              Xxx

Comment

You're an inspiration Di!
                Is there a time limt though on sending a CCA request?
                I gather with a SAR, if an account is closed, there is a limit on the lnegth of time lenders store data. I have found though that CCAs show up if PPI has been sold and if there's no time limit on sending CCA requests then what the heck, its worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                  You're an inspiration Di!
                  Is there a time limt though on sending a CCA request?
                  I gather with a SAR, if an account is closed, there is a limit on the lnegth of time lenders store data. I have found though that CCAs show up if PPI has been sold and if there's no time limit on sending CCA requests then what the heck, its worth a punt.
                  I am going to give it a shot anyway, cheers TDS , I even remember the very first monthly repayment of the very first loan we had ever taken out ever in 1996, it was £111.18 a month PPI inc, the loan taken out in 1997 was round abouts £130 a month, again with ppi.
                  I will tell them what I know and see what happens.

Comment

Just imagine the interest due to you!

But, is there a cut off point for CCA requests: I honestly don't know and wondered if you did?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                      Just imagine the interest due to you!

But, is there a cut off point for CCA requests: I honestly don't know and wondered if you did?
                      These 2 last recent ones, I could not get hold of the CCA's, but gave them the amounts and years and that was that. So I don't think I will be able to get hold of the CCA's for these even older ones either.

The interest as you can see on the amounts above recent reclaims from late 1999 settled 2000 and another settled 2001.
                      The interest is more that what we paid in lol.

Comment

The interest is more that what we paid in lol.
                        Cool

Comment

I will get a letter together this evening and send to both the direct branch and the data dept, will give them details, but if these fail I will get a questionnaire in anyway.

Comment

It's definitely worth going for those very early ones - I had a really early one show up on a SAR with LTSB that only referred to a loan account number, no further info at all...........Lloyds denied all knowledge of it for ages when I tried CCAing it so eventually I took it to FOS, now they've agreed to refund as a 'gesture of goodwill', lol and am just awaiting the calcs for how much it will be. Should be a good amount as I paid it for 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                              It's definitely worth going for those very early ones - I had a really early one show up on a SAR with LTSB that only referred to a loan account number, no further info at all...........Lloyds denied all knowledge of it for ages and I took it to FOS, now they've agreed to refund as a 'gesture of goodwill', lol and am just awaiting the calcs for how much it will be. Should be a good amount as I paid it for 7 years

Thanks hun. I will give it a shot, see what they come back with.

It amazes me that at first they did say they had no details on these 2 recent ones that i just succeeded in, yet they must have details to have worked on the calculations.
                              That is absolutely great news for you, well done and WOW a lotta money to come back to you, I'm sure, interest is going to be huge Nellie lol xx

Comment

Thanks hun. I will give it a shot, see what they come back with.

It amazes me that at first they did say they had no details on these 2 recent ones that i just succeeded in, yet they must have details to have worked on the calculations.
                                That is absolutely great news for you, well done and WOW a lotta money to come back to you, I'm sure, interest is going to be huge Nellie lol xx
                                Thanks Di.............yep, sure hope it will be loads, but so far I've asked the FOS to get Lloyds to provide calcs for the refund and have heard nothing in response, so I think a reminder email might be the way forward. I am a bit concerned that as it's such an old one they'll make a token offer as this 'gesture of goodwill' whilst saying they have no figures to rely on and hope I'll accept as it's better than nothing..........but they haven't reckoned on how determined I can be once I have my sights set on something, lol xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X