• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    I was just wondering as reading this thread...I have a 2000 credit card with Marbles (orig Beneficial) and they say they do not keep non-electtonic data going back more than 6 years. Therefore, they do not deny having older data but are refusing to supply data that is not stored electronically.

however, in your case Di, I gather the PPI is lump sum PPI and you can retrospectively calculate the quantum? It will presumably be impossible to work out a claim for monthly premium PPI without my historic statements?
    DS - your right, on a card its calculated depending on your balance, usually 70-80p per £100 on the card each month. You do not necessarily need to have calculated all of the premiums yourself in order to make a claim, admittedly you are flying blind if they make any offer as you wont be able to check but you may be able to make a decent estimate if you know roughly what kind of balance you maintained on the card.

If your sure you paid for ppi then its worth putting in a complaint letter requesting a full refund of all insurance premiums paid, assoictaed interest charged to the card and 8% stat int on top, see what they come back with as the onus is on them to investigate and provide figures.

Not sure where this myth about you can only claim if youve done full SAR and can calculate to the penny what you paid came from but its nonesense, whilst a SAR is usefull its not essential.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hiya

I don't have all the data either, just a few old statements that I came across and the last going off on these loans up until settlement, so I have the monthly amounts of what I was paying and the account numbers.
      I did CCA them before actually making a reclaim and received a letter to confirm they no longer hold the copies of these CCA's.

That is correct with it being a lump sum, think Turbo would know the answer to this in regards of your premium without the statements perhaps.

However, I am surprised I have not received a letter of total rejection considering they've had my complaints for a few months now, so hopefully they will have something to work on, and with it being lump sum as well.
      Still I suppose it may still be too early to say, because of the JR matter going on which have held things up.

you know what i always say di,no news is good news,i think they,d have rejected them by now,i,ve got 2 hsbc loans and cards and an mbna card same thing no rejections i think if they can get the cases wiped out they do as quickly as possible, to the banks being rejected means being finished at least for now and out of there hair,i think there just going to hang you about. but i think your claims will def pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        you know what i always say di,no news is good news,i think they,d have rejected them by now,i,ve got 2 hsbc loans and cards and an mbna card same thing no rejections i think if they can get the cases wiped out they do as quickly as possible, to the banks being rejected means being finished at least for now and out of there hair,i think there just going to hang you about. but i think your claims will def pay out.

All the best on yours too Cappo and everyone else.

I think there's hope yet.

Comment

Di30,

I had a complaint upheld by HFC (HSBC) for a loan taken out in 2006 and completed in 2011, I had four previous loans which they refused to deal was due to the 6 year document retention malarchy. The CMC would not help so I gave up. Then bored one afternoon I phoned their call centre and asked for the details of all the loans which I had on the basis that I needed help with my tax details. Imagine my surprise when they managed ot reveal all the loan details and ppi amouns, duration of loan etc. FOS ar e now looking in to these. The other thing that is interesting is to ask the provider of the PPI for the information as they seem to keep data longer.
          Hope this helps
          Steve

Comment

Thank you Steve

That is very interesting indeed, thanks for this, it will be a help to myself and others too, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
              Di30,

I had a complaint upheld by HFC (HSBC) for a loan taken out in 2006 and completed in 2011, I had four previous loans which they refused to deal was due to the 6 year document retention malarchy. The CMC would not help so I gave up. Then bored one afternoon I phoned their call centre and asked for the details of all the loans which I had on the basis that I needed help with my tax details. Imagine my surprise when they managed ot reveal all the loan details and ppi amouns, duration of loan etc. FOS ar e now looking in to these. The other thing that is interesting is to ask the provider of the PPI for the information as they seem to keep data longer.
              Hope this helps
              Steve

i had exactly the same with hsbc steve obviously i did,nt have your charm,i told them i needed the info for my accountant,got a letter back saying the 2 loans i was looking for,"they had no records",generally the usual old cherry.

Comment

I am not up on these things as such, but could the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) be any sort of help in these matters?

Basically for Tax/HRMC reasons etc?

Comment

Emailed them as posted earlier above, I expect if anything at all I will receive some feedback by tomorrow by email.
                  I do have to be sure on the claim case number now, and need to know which one to use for future reference.

Comment

Marbles bounced my PPI claim straight away Di, unlike LLoyds in your case. I might add this was notwithstanding that the few historic statements I have from the SAR (going back 8 years, not 6 as it happens) state that PPI was sold and provides figures for the PPI payments. So, in my case, I have to ask WTF is going on?! Well its trotted off to the FOS now since, as always, I am forced to escalate by the banks themselves.

I have a good vibe about your Lloyds claim Di and it should set a nice precedent for others on here if successful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                      Marbles bounced my PPI claim straight away Di, unlike LLoyds in your case. I might add this was notwithstanding that the few historic statements I have from the SAR (going back 8 years, not 6 as it happens) state that PPI was sold and provides figures for the PPI payments. So, in my case, I have to ask WTF is going on?! Well its trotted off to the FOS now since, as always, I am forced to escalate by the banks themselves.

I have a good vibe about your Lloyds claim Di and it should set a nice precedent for others on here if successful.

Thanks TDS

Sorry to hear that, and I hope the FOS get round to sorting this out in your favour for you. Its your money rightfully owed to you afterall.

Comment

Its the same old same old. I have 'won' (if we can ever truly use that word) the last half dozen FOS complaints and each of them have been forced on me by the ignorant handling of my initial complaints by lazy complaints managers at the banks. Hopefully this will be the same.

Looks like your Lloyds bunch are just as lazy and lets hope they come to regret that.

Comment

You are so right TDS.

Normally I do receive an email response back from Customer Services via Lloyds by at least the following day.
                          Up to now nothing in the email box since emailing them yesterday in regards of the account numbers!

Such an easy query for them to answer, makes me think now if they have given me someone elses and someone elses mine!

Comment

Maybe......just maybe this will be resolved afterall folks.

Comment

Received my email in regards of the query of the ref numbers.....as the last letter differered from the previous letters.

Dear ,

Thank you for your recent communication addressed to our Chief Executive officer Mr Antonio Horta-Osorio and to our Customer Care Department.

Having checked our records I can confirm that the reference number for your complaint with our Customer Care Department is CC/. The number PLB0 is the actual policy number for the insurance and the other two numbers of ************* and ************* are your actual loan account numbers. When contacting us we would always ask for the CC/ number in order to locate your full complaint details.

I trust this helps to clarify matters.

Yours sincerely

A
                              Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations

Comment

if you have no paperwork going back years and in my case know i had loans with LTSB amongst others and of course ppi is it worth contacting them or is it pointless,these loans of mine go back years i might even have the paperwork somewhere

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X