• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

PPI banks may be unable to grab bonuses

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...5&in_page_id=2

Banks will face a legal minefield if they try to claw back bonuses from executives involved in the PPI mis-selling scandal, according to industry insiders.

Leading banks are now considering whether to invoke clawback powers on executives who oversaw retail operations when Payment Protection Insurance sales were at their height. Compensation to customers mis-sold policies is expected to run into billions – and banking bosses pocketed millions of pounds in bonuses during the years in which the mis-selling took place.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...#ixzz1N5mvTIoT

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by flossie View Post
      In March Barclays placed 2 loan PPI misselling complaints on hold due to the JR, which I then sent to the FOS.
      I spoke to FOS on Friday and they haven't yet assigned these to a complaints "handler". As there is not now going to be any appeal and Barclays may start dealing with the backlog does anyone know if I can withdraw my 2 complaints from FOS to see if Barclays deal with them?

It would seem sensible if this was an option as they have not started processing them and it would lessen the load of the FOS.
      I am not an expert-just an ordinary guy who claimed back thousands successfully. Once in the hands of the FOS, you have to wait a long time, but they do eventually get around to it. Keep copies off correspondence and telephone calls. Wait...and wait...and wait....

Your time will come.
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Mine was with the FOS for 2 yr 4 mths and thats without the JR being in the way as Debtisbad says your time will come and look at it this way the longer they take the more statutory interest the banks have to pay out and that does mount up over a period of time.

So in short yes its a pain having to wait but every day costs the bank.

The statutory interest rate is also a lot better than you will get at any bank if you saved it.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
          I am not an expert-just an ordinary guy who claimed back thousands successfully. Once in the hands of the FOS, you have to wait a long time, but they do eventually get around to it. Keep copies off correspondence and telephone calls. Wait...and wait...and wait....

Your time will come.
          Indeed - patience is a virtue & all the time you wait interest is being added..
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Mine was with the FOS for 2 yr 4 mths and thats without the JR being in the way as Debtisbad says your time will come and look at it this way the longer they take the more statutory interest the banks have to pay out and that does mount up over a period of time.

So in short yes its a pain having to wait but every day costs the bank.

The statutory interest rate is also a lot better than you will get at any bank if you saved it.

I agree totally (fingers crossed for me)

Matty
          Last edited by MattyA; 22nd May 2011, 22:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
            the banks cannot reject non-advised sales out of hand that was part of what the principles were all about but in many cases that is more of a help to pre 2005 stuff because they actually did write on the applications back then that they 'strongly reccomended' PPI. After 2005 that did not really happen but it was in these cases much more difficult to determine misselling as it was made much clearer that it was optional. Remmeber not all PPI was mis-sold some of it was mis-bought, and there has to be proven mis-selling not just speculative jumping on the bandwagon.
            I have had a complaint upheld recently by FOS after lender originally rejected my claim out of hand as the 'never' advised the need for PPI.
            So dont be put off people by their threats and lies - KEEP ON FIGHTING

Matty
            Last edited by MattyA; 22nd May 2011, 23:03:PM. Reason: added a bit.

Comment

Increased automation can reduce the cost of processing PPI complaints by up to 50%

Charter UK, a provider of enterprise complaint and feedback management software, today revealed that financial firms can cut the cost of PPI complaint handling by up to 50 per cent by using PPI remediation solutions to dramatically reduce the resource overheads associated with manual systems. Charter UK is already working with a number of organisations in the financial sector to help them implement PPI Remediation Projects that can achieve this reduction quickly and effectively, and therefore increase the number of cases processed each day.

Charter Continuum is a proven enterprise-level complaints management solution that was first deployed to handle PPI complaints four years ago by several of the UK’s best known banks. The product is therefore well placed to address the PPI claims crisis that UK lenders are now facing, since its ability to automate a large proportion of the complaints handling workload provides a highly effective yet ‘lean’ solution for managing large-scale PPI Remediation Projects.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has already published a policy statement confirming its package of measures to protect consumers with regard to PPI. Firms must evidence their approach to proactively contacting any customers who may be affected, an unprecedented step. Until then, firms will need to prepare for the implementation of their PPI Remediation Projects within the current framework and get on and handle the pile of existing complaints. The cost of implementing these processes is one which is not often talked about, and which will go well beyond the money set asides by banks to handle the compensations themselves.

Paul Clark, Charter UK’s Chief Executive, comments:

“The BBA has dropped its appeal against the PPI issue, which means that the way is clear for UK banks to progress the various PPI projects that have been put on hold until now. By using automation to boost the speed, accuracy and quality of complaint handling, banks can save a significant amount of both time and money, especially when it comes to proactively contacting all of the customers who may have been miss-sold PPI. With liabilities for compensation potentially running into billions of pounds, banks need to be able to manage all of these processes quickly and cost-effectively. Charter Continuum is a proven solution that allows them to do this, reducing the cost of complaints by up to 50% by automating many of the key processes involved in handling PPI complaints effectively.”

http://www.charter-uk.com/latest-news.asp

Comment

At the end of this month the FSA are due to publish a policy statement detailing changes to general complaints handling rules for firms and the FOS that will enshrine the changes to DISP which include Treating Customers Fairly, time limits, time barring, the jurisdiction & procedures of the FOS and the the incorporation of PPI complaints handling requirements as stipulated in the 10/12 Policy Statement.

http://fsahandbook.info/FSA//handbook/DISP.pdf

Hopefully they'll update on banks' progress in dealing with the PPI complaints backlog

Comment

Last week I was emailed by the Manager from Customer Care team, because I emailed both them and the CEO, they got back and stated they are working from a dated order.
                  Well as you know mine and others have complained and done so before Xmas.

Today although very happy for the poster from MSE who just posted up this afternoon of success, I think its fab news, they posted their complaint 8 weeks ago to Lloyds and last Weds received a letter to say they've upheld, absolutely great news, but what about the email they sent me here below which I received last Thursday? They are unable to give me a timescale.

Dear

Thank you for your recent communication sent to our Chief Executive Mr A Horta-Osório. I have been asked to respond on his behalf.

I appreciate that it is frustrating for you not to be given a timescale as to when your complaint will be looked into. However complaints will be handled in date order and we are working with the regulators to ensure we meet their expectations in terms of how we’re handling the complaints and the timescales we’re working to.

I want to ensure any potential redress paid to you is right and this could take a little time. I can assure you that this further delay will not count towards the time limits in which you can refer your complaint to Court or FOS, should you disagree with the final outcome of our assessment.

Please be assured I will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, and as you have previously highlighted that there are issues with the Postal System in your area, I will e-mail you to let you know when my letter is being sent.

I trust this helps to clarify matters.

Yours sincerely

A
                  Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations
                  Last edited by di30; 23rd May 2011, 14:09:PM.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...=feeds-newsxml

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Last week I was emailed by the Manager from Customer Care team, because I emailed both them and the CEO, they got back and stated they are working from a dated order.

Today although very happy for the poster from MSE who just posted up this afternoon of success, I think its fab news, they posted their complaint 8 weeks ago to Lloyds and last Weds received a letter to say they've upheld, absolutely great news, but what about the email they sent me here below which I received last Thursday? They are unable to give me a timescale.

Dear

Thank you for your recent communication sent to our Chief Executive Mr A Horta-Osório. I have been asked to respond on his behalf.

I appreciate that it is frustrating for you not to be given a timescale as to when your complaint will be looked into. However complaints will be handled in date order and we are working with the regulators to ensure we meet their expectations in terms of how we’re handling the complaints and the timescales we’re working to.

I want to ensure any potential redress paid to you is right and this could take a little time. I can assure you that this further delay will not count towards the time limits in which you can refer your complaint to Court or FOS, should you disagree with the final outcome of our assessment.

Please be assured I will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, and as you have previously highlighted that there are issues with the Postal System in your area, I will e-mail you to let you know when my letter is being sent.

Yours sincerely

A

Not good enough Di. It really isn't. Two weeks today since the BBA announced there would be no appeal. I still haven't received one single piece of any communication about any of my complaints which have been on hold since August/September last year. And there is absolutely nothing me or you and can do but wait and wait and wait and wait.

Is there anyone, anywhere that had their complaint on hold since last year that have now received communication that their complaint is being processed? Maybe something more? A final response? A letter to say the complaint has not been upheld? ANYTHING! I have yet to hear from anyone that has been waiting since last year to confirm they have received something other than a generic response about the BBA announcing their decision not to appeal.

Barclays are doing an absolutely super wonderful job joining up with Which! and taking big ads out in the national press informing people how they can start to claim for missold PPI. Brilliant! Smashing!

What about the people that have been waiting 6 bloody months Barclays! You gonna take an advert out in The Sun telling us what the hell is happening!?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post

Dear

Yours sincerely

A
                        Di,

the one from MSE that complained 8 wks ago was probably never placed on hold so worked in their 'as usual' way rather that it being one of the backlog of held such as yours (and most others on here), they seem to be working the current complaints to the 8 week deadline still so its likely there will be many more 'current' complaints which are dealt with before they get round to dealing with all the 'held' cases.

Unfortunately, you and many others (myself included) are stuck playing the waiting game.... either that or refer to FOS and face waiting even longer....

Comment

My complaint went to RBS in early Sept10 and FOS in Dec/Jan 2011. I have not received any correspondance what so ever since April either from my CMC ( iknow it was silly) or FOS or RBS

Comment

The banks must love rhyming off this line to frustrated customers

"If your not happy with the way we are dealing with your case you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman"

Translation-

"Ha! Ha! Ha! We have the money from the insurance we missold you. We will pay you it back when we decide to look at your complaint. You can ring and e-mail in the meantime. Won't do anything though. We have the money you want and you'll wait ever how long we decide to make you. Oh by the way you can go to Financial Ombudsman if you don't want to wait on us. Ha! Ha! Ha! They are kinda inundated and overwhelmed with PPI complaints though. Ha! Ha! Ha! Not great choices, eh Joe Public? Wait a few more months on us getting our act together or wait a year or years for the Financial Ombudsman to address your complaint. Well there you go Joe. Must go, lots of other frustrated customers waiting on the lines to be informed "If your not happy with the way we are dealing with your case you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman".
                            Last edited by SoapyBubbles; 23rd May 2011, 17:09:PM.

Comment

Who is your CMC and have you written to your CMC requesting an update?

I have you contacted RBS as I asume it is them who have to return your PPI - find out if they have already repaid it?

This is for everyone keep writing those letters to the CEO of the banks who are supposed to be refunding you. They have had plenty of time to set up a department to deal with these claims, keep pestering them. They will not like it and will start to get their finger out, you can always put a cc on your letter to the BBC for instance or to your favourite newspaper.

Originally posted by oorbrian View Post
                              My complaint went to RBS in early Sept10 and FOS in Dec/Jan 2011. I have not received any correspondance what so ever since April either from my CMC ( iknow it was silly) or FOS or RBS
                              Last edited by TUTTSI; 23rd May 2011, 15:24:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                                This is for everyone keep writing those letters to the CEO of the banks who are supposed to be refunding you. They have had plenty of time to set up a department to deal with these claims, keep pestering them. They will not like it and will start to get their finger out, you can always put a cc on your letter to the BBC for instance or to your favourite newspaper.

Is there a list available for the e-mail addresses for the CEO's of all the banks?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X