• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

With the noises coming out of Lloyds i cannot see how they can hide behind what actions the other banks may take in terms of an appeal. It seems clear cut that Lloyds are now going to deal with claims . This is a positive step forward

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
      its entered into the accounts for that period but the nature fo a provision is that its a future liability, it doesnt have to specify that it will be paid in the next quarter, or even within that finanical year.

Its not unusual for a provision to sit on accounts for several years before the liability is paid, so long as a provision in made at a time when the company became aware of the potential liability then the accounting standards are deemed to have been met.
      Indeed. My point was that in cementing the liability into the current accounts it's a recognition of the inevitability of it, rather than merely it being a potential liability.

Natwest results out tomorrow but by all accounts they won't include any PPI liability or any indication as to their position in respect of a JR appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Indeed. My point was that in cementing the liability into the current accounts it's a recognition of the inevitability of it, rather than merely it being a potential liability.

Natwest results out tomorrow but by all accounts they won't include any PPI liability or any indication as to their position in respect of a JR appeal.
        could be, although reading kleinman today the feeling seems to be the figure is overstated, could it be the banks withdraw support for bba to gain positive pr, its likely the bba will pursue anyway to try and avoid precedent of retrospective legislation in the industry. Menawhile they overstate the ppi liability in order to hike the pressure on the courts for any appeal, the thought being the more money there is riding on this the more likely the court is to allow an appeal and take it to SC.

Comment

And straight from the horses mouth........

http://www.lloydstsb.com/payment_pro...complaints.asp

Payment Protection Insurance Complaints

We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPIPayment Protection Insurance Complaints

We’re sorry you have a complaint about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), but we’re committed to making the journey as easy as possible.
          It’s easy for you to complain to us directly so you don’t need to use a Claims Management Company (CMC) who will typically charge an up front fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. We assess complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints from a Claims Management Company, so by coming direct you will not be disadvantaged.

Here's what you need to do:
          1. Call or write to us

1. At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
          2. Download and complete a PPI Consumer Questionnaire Form
            If you decide you want to proceed with your complaint, download the
            PPI Consumer Questionnaire and fill in the details of your case. Filling in a PPI Consumer Questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service helps us process your complaint as efficiently as possible.
          3. Send it in
            Send the PPI Questionnaire to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.We are committed to resolving complaints. We have employed additional new members of staff to help customers with their queries about PPI policies.
          Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a complaint about the way that my PPI was sold?
          If you have a query about the way that your PPI was sold you can ring a dedicated telephone line for PPI customers.
          08453 005599
          If you prefer to write the address for correspondence is:
          Lloyds TSB
          Tredegar Park
          Newport
          NP10 8SB
          If you are dissatisfied with our response and you wish to make a complaint please click the link below which will take you to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint and provides a questionnaire for you to complete. By filling out the FOS PPI Questionnaire we will have all of the information we need to assess your complaint. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.
          http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...notes/ppi.html

We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPI
          • We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy
          • Rather than talk to a CMC, you can find all of the information you need about raising a complaint about PPI on this page. You will receive exactly the same service by coming to us direct as you would from going through a CMC
          • The easiest way to raise a query about a PPI policy is to complete a
          What does the Judicial Review mean for my PPI Complaint?
          We are no longer participating in the Judicial Review or are part of how the British Bankers’ Association intends to respond to the High Court’s recent judgment.

We are now reassessing the complaints that we have already received and dealing with them in a swift and timely manner.

Those customers who have not complained but have concerns about their PPI policy should contact us directly using the details above.
          Last edited by di30; 5th May 2011, 11:12:AM.

Comment

We’re sorry you have a complaint about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), but we’re committed to making the journey as easy as possible.
            It’s easy for you to complain to us directly so you don’t need to use a Claims Management Company (CMC) who will typically charge an up front fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. We assess complaints sent directly to us in exactly the same way that we treat complaints from a Claims Management Company, so by coming direct you will not be disadvantaged.

1. Call or write to us
              At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
              PPI Consumer Questionnaire and fill in the details of your case. Filling in a PPI Consumer Questionnaire from the Financial Ombudsman Service helps us process your complaint as efficiently as possible.
            3. Send it in
              Send the PPI Questionnaire to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.We are committed to resolving complaints. We have employed additional new members of staff to help customers with their queries about PPI policies.

If you have a query about the way that your PPI was sold you can ring a dedicated telephone line for PPI customers.
            08453 005599
            Lloyds TSB
            Tredegar Park
            Newport
            NP10 8SB
            If you are dissatisfied with our response and you wish to make a complaint please click the link below which will take you to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint and provides a questionnaire for you to complete. By filling out the FOS PPI Questionnaire we will have all of the information we need to assess your complaint. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.

• We are best placed to deal with any queries our customers have about their PPI policy
            • Rather than talk to a CMC, you can find all of the information you need about raising a complaint about PPI on this page. You will receive exactly the same service by coming to us direct as you would from going through a CMC
              PPI Consumer Questionnaire. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.

1. Call or write to us
              At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
            3. Send it in

08453 005599
            Lloyds TSB
            Tredegar Park
            Newport
            NP10 8SB

PPI Consumer Questionnaire. Once you have completed the form please send it directly to us at the address above.

We are no longer participating in the Judicial Review or are part of how the British Bankers’ Association intends to respond to the High Court’s recent judgment.

We are now reassessing the complaints that we have already received and dealing with them in a swift and timely manner.

Those customers who have not complained but have concerns about their PPI policy should contact us directly using the details above.
            Well that is bound to have an effect on other banks and I believe that this is now the beginning of the end.

They have in all tense and porposes accepted the judgment and are doing what the rest should be doing.

Clearly they do not want to throw away more money on costs etc as there chances are very slim and no doubt have been told that by there lawyers.

Interesting that the BBA is losing support and that the banks are split on which way to turn.

They are also being attacked from all sides not just us but many organisations can see that this was a bad product the press and media are strongly reprorting against the banks now I hope they will keep there reports going as that is having a positive effect.
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 5th May 2011, 11:33:AM.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Well that is bound to have an effect on other banks and I believe that this is now the beginning of the end.

They have in all tense and porposes accepted the judgment and are doing what the rest should be doing.

Clearly they do not want to throw away more money on costs etc as there chances are very slim and no doubt have been told that by there lawyers.

Interesting that the BBA is losing support and that the banks are split on which way to turn.
              I totally agree PF, the remaining banks should do the decent thing from here now and move on with the reclaims.
              Glad Lloyds finally withdrawn, this should set an example to the other banks!

Comment

Although I must admit I am surprised that Lloyds Banking Group was the first to throw in the towel.

Given there stance on this throughout.

sigpic

Comment

maybe antonio is bringing some of the santander reasonable thinking with him!

Comment

pompeyfaith - good news abounds - but tense and porposes - just made me laugh maybe the words I will remember most for today, what tense porpoises have to do with anything I don't know, but to all intents and purposes it did make me laugh and btw I think you are right the BBA have now lost the cause with this rebel movement by lloyds.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post

We encourage our customers to talk to us about PPIPayment Protection Insurance Complaints

1. Call or write to us

1. At LloydsTSB we are committed to making it as easy as possible to resolve your complaint. We’d like to discuss the details of your case with you directly so your concerns can be resolved as quickly as possible. You can call us on 08453 005599, our dedicated number for PPI complaints or write to us at Lloyds TSB, Tredegar Park, Newport, NP10 8SB.
                      3. Send it in

08453 005599
                      Lloyds TSB
                      Tredegar Park
                      Newport
                      NP10 8SB

I emailed their CEO this morning since the webpage suggested otherwise, lol! Glad to see that they have corrected it now
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am actually surprised as well PF, I thought they would have been the last ones, and to hold on as long as possible.

Steve made a good point, looks like the CEO have brought some Santander back with him.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        I emailed their CEO this morning since the webpage suggested otherwise, lol! Glad to see that they have corrected it now

LOL, good one Leclerc.
                        Last edited by di30; 5th May 2011, 12:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

........and of course, do we hear many complaints currently about Santander? Answer is no so hopefully a new approach might work wonders for Lloyds
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Steve made a good point, looks like the CEO have brought some Santander back with him.
                            STEVE?!?! lol...have I changed my name Di?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                              STEVE?!?! lol...have I changed my name Di?

lol, blimey this news have got to me sorry "Paul" lmao

Comment

good news abounds - but tense and porposes - just made me laugh maybe the words I will remember most for today, what tense porpoises have to do with anything I don't know, but to all intents and purposes it did make me laugh and btw I think you are right the BBA have now lost the cause with this rebel movement by lloyds.

lol, No apologies for my spelling as I am a stroke survivor so can be expected

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X