• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

The court have confirmed that Nemo have applied to be an interested party and that they are 'considering' their application.

The court still haven't received the response from the FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      The court still haven't received the response from the FOS.
      does this mean that we won't hear anything from the court (grounds of resistance etc.) until the FOSs response has been filed?

Also what impact do you think Nemo would have on the case if they were granted leave to be an interested party?

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post
        does this mean that we won't hear anything from the court (grounds of resistance etc.) until the FOSs response has been filed?

Also what impact do you think Nemo would have on the case if they were granted leave to be an interested party?

CT
        I don't know but I might know later so bear with me - all I do know is that the court said they'll be chasing up on the FOS's response today.

I don't know if Nemo will have much impact as I'm not clear if they just sign up to the BBA's claim in name or put forwards additional arguments. But obviously their application will tell the story when we get it.

Comment

cheers EXC - you're a goldmine!

Comment

The BBA's Eric Leenders interviewed about PPI and the Judicial Review, as aired on the BBC this morning.

Episode 18 - fast forward to 33.40.

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Rip Off Britain: Series 2

Comment

Does anybody know when the appeal date is lilkely to be? The appeal following the JR that is. How many appeals can there be before it end up in the Supreme Court and what timescale are we looking at?

Comment

In civil Judicial Reviews appeals go to Court of Appeal and then to Supreme Court.

As the the initial application is an 'Application For Urgent Consideration', that status remains with the case if it moves to a higher court. And for that reason I would expect that any appeals would be scheduled to be heard sooner rather than later and the whole process would be quicker than the OFT test case.

Comment

Thanks EXC. So given that it will about 5/6 months from 8/10/10 to JR hand-down. Is it about right to assume 18 months or so for it to get to the SC?

Comment

The BBA's Eric Leenders interviewed about PPI and the Judicial Review, as aired on the BBC this morning.

Episode 18 - fast forward to 33.40.

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Rip Off Britain: Series 2
                    Its clear to me the issue is with 'ambulance chasers'...he is not even subtle about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mids View Post
                      Thanks EXC. So given that it will about 5/6 months from 8/10/10 to JR hand-down. Is it about right to assume 18 months or so for it to get to the SC?
                      I'd guess that's about right but remember that there's no automatic right to appeal so that's a worse case scenario.

Comment

I'd guess that's about right but remember that there's no automatic right to appeal so that's a worse case scenario.
                        I see. Given the enormity of the situation, policy considerations and the higher courts tendency to favour banks my own feeling is that if the FSA win an appeal is a nailed on certainty. Interesting though.

Comment

just listened to Eric Leenders on the Rip-Off Britain programme posted above, what an idiot! He seemed to be panicing and used the word "clearly" for too often, using it as a form of substantiating his answers in its own right...!

for instance:
                          Where a complaint is affected by the JR they “clearly need to be put on hold pending the outcome of the judicial review” - with no explanation as to what "affected by the judicial review" means or which type of case it relates to, and additionally,

“[the] vast majority of claims we receive from 'ambulance chasers'* are tick-box letters with no detail... those clearly relate to the judicial review” *meaning CMCs. Why does it mean that a customer who feels unable to claim back their missold PPI themselves should be discriminated against for using a CMC?

Grrrr, that's riled my right up!

CT

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            I havent kept up with this thread so apologies if this is already said elsewhere, I just think its particularly relevant that Nemo finance is applying to be heard at the JR Application as an interested party.
                            I've been looking into interested parties etc, and I'm not sure how Nemo could be applying at this stage, seeing as they were not named on the BBAs judicial review application in Section 2 "details of other interested parties". Would it be possible under part 19 (19.7?) of the Civil Procedure Rules?

CT

Comment

Why not call them and ask why they have applied to become an interested member?
                              Contact us
                              The above is the contact page
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Tuesday View Post

Grrrr, that's riled my right up!

CT
                                Glad somebody else feels the same way. Ive spoken to my bank this morning and they have more or less said that if my complaint had not have been submitted via a CMC my claim would have been settled.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X