• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Hello all.

Please excuse my lack of intelligence on this subject but as I have stated previously there is a hell of a lot of info to take in.

My question is quite simple.

My dad took PPI because the MBNA made him feel his loan could/would not be processed without it. He was made to feel for his loan to be processed he basically needed PPI. Plain and simple. He knows now that is not the case. He now knows his loan could of been processed without PPI. Or if he wanted PPI he could get it from another source. MBNA did not make him aware of these points and so they were in wrong.

Surely MBNA and banks in general can not justify in any way shape or form making customers feel 'they needed PPI'. Can they?

Can a court really rule that the above working practices are acceptable? How? Seriously how? As I said before I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole PPI subject. However I am intelligent enough to know that banks have deceived, with held information, cheated and used scare tactics to their customers. No matter what way you look at it. They have took advantage of customers wanting loans and the banks knew they would agree to anything to help their application. This is deception on the grandest scale. No matter when you were missold PPI or how you were missold it, surely no judge in the land can justify their selling practices? I'm assuming there is no rules anywhere which does allow the banks to with hold information and to not inform customers they can get PPI from another source and that they can use the line 'your loan has better chance of approval with PPI'? If you have solid proof you have been missold PPI then is it not pretty much a black and white case with no grey areas?

What kind of society will we be living in if the legal process does rule in favour of the banks?

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly I remember Martin Lewis was at a Government committee on was talking quiet powerfully too about the pitfalls of PPI and made it very clear his stance on the subject indeed he is very much with us on this.

Ill have a look for that link this evening it should still be on the gov website or exc maybe able to find the link on this site either way it was quiet interesting what he had to say.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Congrats to all those who belive i am debt5

Wrong... but my thread was on MSE... seems it was pulled due to bad natured posts... funny enough reading the links above

haha i note some of the posts on that thread pooh poohing the JR in september... i recognise them from this forum

Some real classy folks around.... good luck some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyBubbles View Post
          Hello all.

Please excuse my lack of intelligence on this subject but as I have stated previously there is a hell of a lot of info to take in.

My question is quite simple.

My dad took PPI because the MBNA made him feel his loan could/would not be processed without it. He was made to feel for his loan to be processed he basically needed PPI. Plain and simple. He knows now that is not the case. He now knows his loan could of been processed without PPI. Or if he wanted PPI he could get it from another source. MBNA did not make him aware of these points and so they were in wrong.

Surely MBNA and banks in general can not justify in any way shape or form making customers feel 'they needed PPI'. Can they?

Can a court really rule that the above working practices are acceptable? How? Seriously how? As I said before I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole PPI subject. However I am intelligent enough to know that banks have deceived, with held information, cheated and used scare tactics to their customers. No matter what way you look at it. They have took advantage of customers wanting loans and the banks knew they would agree to anything to help their application. This is deception on the grandest scale. No matter when you were missold PPI or how you were missold it, surely no judge in the land can justify their selling practices? I'm assuming there is no rules anywhere which does allow the banks to with hold information and to not inform customers they can get PPI from another source and that they can use the line 'your loan has better chance of approval with PPI'? If you have solid proof you have been missold PPI then is it not pretty much a black and white case with no grey areas?

What kind of society will we be living in if the legal process does rule in favour of the banks?
          someone needs to stand up to them,good old george osborne hitting the banks below the belt with the 800m tax levy,don,t think anyone knows how it,s going to go yet with the j.r,it,s a sure bet though this is the place to be for the first hint of the result,back to your ppi i don,t think there has ever been a similiar case where a product was so flagrently or unlawfully sold as ppi,i think if there,s a commen sense ruling the fsa/fos will triumph,we,ll have to wait and see and i think like the other guys on here ppi sales have already been proven as illegally sold they,ve gone to far now i think to be stopped by the result of the j.r

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
            Congrats to all those who belive i am debt5

Wrong... but my thread was on MSE... seems it was pulled due to bad natured posts... funny enough reading the links above

haha i note some of the posts on that thread pooh poohing the JR in september... i recognise them from this forum

Some real classy folks around.... good luck some of you.

So come on , what do you know? Let us in on the info you say you have??

Dont just say you know something, back it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Class Act View Post
              So come on , what do you know? Let us in on the info you say you have??

Dont just say you know something, back it up!!
              I have already written what I am led to believe will happen.

Look again.

Thanks.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              btw - you should all understand that the large percentage of people who are active on these sites.. are those with a financial interest... and i mean interest of a commercial nature ;0

think about that carefullly the next time you read a posting.

vested interests etc
              Last edited by NLP; 8th February 2011, 19:59:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Right this is the link as per post 1442:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=6713

HEHE from about 8 mins on is the best just trying to count the amount of times he says RIP-OFF lol
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8th February 2011, 20:13:PM.

sigpic

Comment

I have already written what I am led to believe will happen.

Look again.
                  Without being able to offer any factual information whatsoever in support of what you imagine that you are led to believe, your views are as worthless as your credibility.

Comment

Well, if George is correct we'll all find out pretty soon

:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

hi guys i apologise to you all in advance this post is not actually about the j.r per se,i need some advice please i have to fos cap 1 now, cmc doesn,t want to go down the court route and has basically left me to get on with it bearing in mind cap 1 has already been fined by the fsa i feel i might have a case. i.m going to push on using main misselling reasons as 1. was not told by lender that i couid purchase alternative insurance elsewhere 2. was not told by the bank that they were recieving a commision. 3. my stat sick pay from my employer and my wifes wages wouid have covered minimum payments 4. i had complications after a motorcycle accident in 1987 which left me needing a new kneecap,relevant work problems (diagnosed needing new kneecap jan 2009,lender never asked me about any past medical history on application in 2004) any chance of pulling a missold issue in?

Comment

Cappo,

Does appear you have a claim there, mine was also based mainly on the previous medical condition and have just got back over 8k in redress.

Can I suggest you start a thread on it and all your replies will be in one place and easy to find as it will get lost here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          Without being able to offer any factual information whatsoever in support of what you imagine that you are led to believe, your views are as worthless as your credibility.
                          What kind of factual information are you after?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            Cappo,

Does appear you have a claim there, mine was also based mainly on the previous medical condition and have just got back over 8k in redress.

Can I suggest you start a thread on it and all your replies will be in one place and easy to find as it will get lost here.
                            sorry to appear dense p.f how do i do that please(newby excuse ha ha)
                            What kind of factual information are you after?
                            hi exc i,m wondering if there are any of these reasons set in fsa/fos/consumer law that i can quote to fos upon filling out fos form that are set in law
                            sorry nlp/exc broke into your post by mistake
                            Last edited by cappo; 8th February 2011, 21:45:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Cappo,

Go here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125

Then just hit the new topic button

Also have a read here as this may assist you in filling the FOS form in

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=10646

sigpic

Comment

you should all understand that the large percentage of people who are active on these sites.. are those with a financial interest... and i mean interest of a commercial nature ;0

think about that carefullly the next time you read a posting.

vested interests etc
                                Wrong again!
                                The majority who are active on, as you say, 'these sites' are empowered general consumers who are fighting back;
                                many have been tracking the consequence of the Super Complaint(s) and the long ongoing FSA/Competition Commission investigations made about the mis-selling of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). :beagle:

Therefore, it is incorrect to imply that the large percentage could have a commercial interest.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X