• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Fantastic no doubt she is reading it all now and working out what to post as you say 89 pages that will take time Thank You Avatar
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

BBA/JR on behalf of Avatar........Right you did want these posted here now didn't you? just checking to be sure lol. X
      Hope your able to open it.

Comment

Amethyst and Tools are having a break till Tuesday (although they may pop on once or twice), so I doubt if pm's etc will be answered till then.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          BBA/JR on behalf of Avatar........Right you did want these posted here now didn't you? just checking to be sure lol. X
          Hope your able to open it.
          There not arguing much then in the JR PDF:confused2:
          Last edited by marshallka; 29th October 2010, 16:16:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
            There not arguing much then in the JD PDF:confused2:

I've not got to check through it yet, lots of pages to get through it seems lol.:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              I've not got to check through it yet, lots of pages to get through it seems lol.:whistle:
              Its all speech and codes etc that is way above most peoples heads I would say. Maybe they could do a simple version of the arguments that the consumer could understand. Plain English and intelligible.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                Its all speech and codes etc that is way above most peoples heads I would say. Maybe they could do a simple version of the arguments that the consumer could understand. Plain English and intelligible.
                Crikey I will be there forever then trying to make it all out lol.
                Yeah I agree Marshallka.

Comment

Printer groaned but have printed off.

Now to read!

Comment

Expect a response from the FSA/FOS late next week!

Some fun to be had, that guff from the BBA is utterly hillarious.

Clutching at straws is not the start of it.... they will have their testicles handed to them on a plate.

Comment

Don't think I have enough paper left to print it all........:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I wonder what was discussed at this:

http://www.blackstonechambers.com/ne...al_review.html

These are the BBA'S counsel btw
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Solicitors for the FOS they seem quite experienced in Judicial Reviews.

http://www.russell-cooke.co.uk/people-detail.cfm?id=248
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Solicitors for the FSA.

http://www.snrdenton.com/locations/united_kingdom.aspx
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 29th October 2010, 19:02:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

"Single premium", where a single premium for the whole
                          term of the policy is calculated as a percentage of the
                          amount borrowed. and is paid when the loan is taken out,
                          usually by being added to the loan amount. single premium
                          PPI was commonly sold for personal loans, hire purchase
                          and secured loans until January 2009, when the industry by
                          agreement with the FSA ceased to offer the product.
                          Well that is a lie they make it sound like it was the industries decision to stop selling it, that was not the case it was the competition commission and FSA'S decision and if my memory serves me correct Lloydstsb was the first bank to challenge that.

That should be when the FSA by agreement with the industry.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 29th October 2010, 20:34:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            Well that is a lie they make it sound like it was the industries decision to stop selling it, that was not the case it was the competition commission and FSA'S decision and if my memory serves me correct Lloydstsb was the first bank to challenge that.

That should be when the FSA by agreement with the industry.
                            I believe it was Barclays who first challenged it.... they caused the appeal against it in sep 2009... but it was upheld by the CC 2 weeks ago.

Comment

That's it cheers ether way it was not the industries doing amazing how they twist words.

sigpic

Comment

Will try and get through the various codes and language.
                                First of all here is Policy statement 10/12 referred to in point 3
                                http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/policy/ps...newsletter.pdf

Will update this post as I find the stuff.

Human Rights Act section 6 article 1

"Article 6: Right to a fair trial
                                (1) In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law. Judgment shall be pronounced publicly but the press and public may be excluded from all or part of the trial in the interests of morals, public order or national security in a democratic society, where the interests of juveniles or the protection of the private life of the parties so require, or to the extent strictly necessary in the opinion of the court in special circumstances where publicity would prejudice the interests of justice."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/946400.stm

I think the letter referred to in point 2 of the POC is this one(having scanned the POC I think page 76 is where you need to go to read it)
                                http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/tra...ations_ppi.pdf

Dispute Resolution Complaints(payment protection insurance) Instrument 2010

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/cp/cp09_23.pdf

Insurance Conduct of Business(ICOB)

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/hb-releas.../rel37icob.pdf

Refers to updated 2008 rules

http://www.freshfields.com/publicati...eb06/21554.pdf

Last edited by leclerc; 30th October 2010, 06:53:AM.
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X