• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post

Remind me, though, before I gets meself slung orf the bus. Who funds the FSA ? Us, or them ?
    They are funded exclusively by fees levied on the firms they regulate and through the fines they impose.

How we are funded

Facts and figures

''When financial penalties are imposed on firms or individuals, the proceeds are used to reduce fees in the following financial year. ''

The problem here is that the mis-conduct of some firms results in a subsidy of others.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      They are funded exclusively by fees levied on the firms they regulate and through the fines they impose.

The problem here is that the mis-conduct of some firms results in a subsidy of others.
      Indeedy. Their very paymasters are their prey. A conflict of interests, surely ?
      We've had this argument before, though, haven't we ? I just don't recall the outcome

Comment

It's a catch 22 really isn't it?

It's no different to how it works in other regulated industries. The reality is that the likes of you & me pay for it through fees & interest.

The only other option is for it to be funded directly by the tax payer which would be unfair on those who don't use financial services much.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          It's a catch 22 really isn't it?
          Sure seems to be, Yossarian.
          It's no different to how it works in other regulated industries. The reality is that the likes of you & me pay for it through fees & interest.
          But...do we have to accept that ? We have a bailiff industry that seems to thrive on pure 'incentive' income. Why is THAT sauce not also applicable to THIS Goose ?
          The only other option is for it to be funded directly by the tax payer which would be unfair on those who don't use financial services much.
          As implied above - is there NO other option ?

Comment

I tried to claim from Barclaycard in 2010 had a Not upheld letter in April 2011 took it to the Fos They sent me a letter in Oct 2011 stating Barclaycard would offer me a gesture of goodwill, since then received two letters from Barclaycard stating that my claim has not been upheld????.Spoke to FOS this am and was told it was waiting for an adjudicator really confused

Comment

Originally posted by Leucareth1971 View Post
              I tried to claim from Barclaycard in 2010 had a Not upheld letter in April 2011 took it to the Fos They sent me a letter in Oct 2011 stating Barclaycard would offer me a gesture of goodwill, since then received two letters from Barclaycard stating that my claim has not been upheld????.Spoke to FOS this am and was told it was waiting for an adjudicator really confused
              Really strange since Barclays allegedly stated in may/june 2011 time that they would settle all claims sent in prior to the Judicial Review decision. I do wonder whether they have made an error since they clearly have their dates wrong.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I had the rejection letter before the 20th April

Comment

this is strange leuc i've now had exactly the same.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Where do we go from here. Have just spoken to Barclaycard who said that they would reopen my claim???

Comment

Where do we go from here. Have just spoken to Barclaycard who said that they would reopen my claim???
                      Did you receive an acknowledgement of the complaint in 2010 and do you have a copy?(question to both of you)

The complaint has to have gone in prior to the Judicial Review decision.

Comment

Like yourself mate i've just sent mine back to the fos i had a rejection letter saying probably the same as yours that (a) i had the ppi (b) i paid it (c) i could have cancelled it at any time etc then they sent me a letter back saying they'd decided not to uphold it now as i had it on my morgan stanley card but it was never activated and you've guessed it, i never paid it, what a load of rot, there just trying to get out of paying, the fos needs to hit them hard.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                          Like yourself mate i've just sent mine back to the fos i had a rejection letter saying probably the same as yours that (a) i had the ppi (b) i paid it (c) i could have cancelled it at any time etc then they sent me a letter back saying they'd decided not to uphold it now as i had it on my morgan stanley card but it was never activated and you've guessed it, i never paid it, what a load of rot, there just trying to get out of paying, the fos needs to hit them hard.
                          Cappo can I clarify that your complaint was with Barclays or Morgan Stanley? Morgan Stanley is definitely was not part of the Barclays statement on paying out no quibble.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            Did you receive an acknowledgement of the complaint in 2010 and do you have a copy?(question to both of you)

Mine was done initially through a cmc so yes i have an acknowledgement (i think) filed somewhere, i've spoken to them twice and barclays have said if i pursue it they'll sent copies of morgan stanley statements showing i did'nt pay it, i think there bluffing as i remember paying it, i'll let the fos sort it out (again):tinysmile_grin_t:
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Cappo can I clarify that your complaint was with Barclays or Morgan Stanley? Morgan Stanley is definitely was not part of the Barclays statement on paying out no quibble.

Hi nattie it was originally a morgan stanley card then barclays brought the debt as it were, they replaced my m.s card with a barclaycard but i never used it. they eventually cancelled it last year down to non use.
                            Last edited by cappo; 23rd January 2012, 12:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              Mine was done initially through a cmc so yes i have an acknowledgement (i think) filed somewhere, i've spoken to them twice and barclays have said if i pursue it they'll sent copies of morgan stanley statements showing i did'nt pay it, i think there bluffing as i remember paying it, i'll let the fos sort it out (again):tinysmile_grin_t:
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Hi nattie it was originally a morgan stanley card then barclays brought the debt as it were, they replaced my m.s card with a barclaycard but i never used it. they eventually cancelled it last year down to non use.

I'm not sure that it qualifies to be honest.

EDIT: with regards to barclays statement of no quibble payouts that is.

Comment

I have an acknowledgement letter dated 9th Oct 2010 also the letter rejecting my claim dated 8th April 2011 and a letter from FOS stating that Barclaycard would be offering me a gesture of goodwill dated 5th Oct 2011 I also have 2 letters from Barclaycard dated 7th & 22nd of Dec 2011 stating that my complaint has not been upheld I have somehow ended up with about 6 ref numbers to say i'm confused is putting it mildley

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X