• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by k77mss View Post
    i'm gutted with the letter i have been custumer with rbs for 25 years have all my bank statements from 1985 have all the evidence to support my claim what would you advice me to do now

Hiya

Did you also send them "copies" of your evidence, so they have something to work on? :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

i'm gutted with the letter i have been custumer with rbs for 25 years have all my bank statements from 1985 have all the evidence to support my claim what would you advice me to do now
      K77mss, do not let your emotions get in the way!

Did you really think that RBS would give in without a fight?

You can claim back as far as you like.
      The following information may be of benefit to you:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-13265128

My advice; keep chipping away:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        K77mss, do not let your emotions get in the way!

Did you really think that RBS would give in without a fight?

You can claim back as far as you like.
        The following information may be of benefit to you:
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-13265128

My advice; keep chipping away:beagle:
        thanxs since i posted phoned fos read him the letter to which he was surprised but said don't worry about 6year thing they were regulated then anyway and just send them today everything i have and they would deal with it.
        yes di sent rbs copies of everything
        phoned rbs after fos to which the answer was thats the banks policy if over 6 years old.
        my other complaint with rbs was sent same time as this one has been decided and letter posted yday this is one previous posted that rbs has lost my credit agreement so expecting same result as today

Comment

Originally posted by stevesouth33 View Post
          I think it is going to have to be the FOS route as I am certain that this will still fall into their remit, as they are looking at stuff for me from 2002. The standard they adopt usually gives 3 years to complain from the point at whihc you would reasnobly have realised you had been misold and I guess all that publicity probably led you to believe you had been:

The Ombudsman cannot consider a complaint if the complainant refers it to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
          (1) more than six months after the date on which the respondent sent the complainant its final response; or

(2) more than: (a) six years after the event complained of; or (if later)
          (b) three years from the date on which the complainant became aware (or ought reasonably to have become aware) that he had cause for complaint;
          The FOS have complete discretion as to how far back you can claim. The FSA's view - published in the Policy Statement - is that, generally, you can claim back PPI further than 2005.

Time barring and pre-2005 sales

Some firms argued that complaints about pre-2005 sales should not be included in the
          scope of our Handbook provisions because they are all or mostly already out of time to be
          considered on their merits (i.e. they are ‘time barred’ under our existing DISP rules).33
          We disagree with this view. Decisions concerning the time barring of individual
          complaints are ultimately for the FOS to make, but in general terms, our view (as set
          out in CP10/6 para 3.14), is that general media coverage of the PPI issue, including
          comments or publications by us, would not be enough to have given a consumer the kind
          of specific ‘constructive knowledge’ required by DISP’s time limits.34
          Accordingly, while some consumers who bought PPI before January 2005 may, on an
          assessment of their individual circumstances and events, be deemed to have had appropriate
          awareness before January 2008, such that they will be out of time by January 2011, our
          view is that this is unlikely to apply to consumers generally (though that is ultimately a
          decision for the FOS to make concerning complaints referred to it).

Conclusion on pre-2005 sales

There is nothing in firms’ responses which leads us to consider it necessary to retract
          from our statement in the open letter concerning pre-2005 sales or to carve out
          complaints about these sales from the scope of our final provisions. To do either would
          leave substantially unaddressed the poor handling of a very significant proportion of PPI
          complaints, and thus the significant potential consumer detriment caused by many of
          these sales.

Well done for persevering with the FSA about the inaction of RBS. This is precisely the right thing to do - not just for your own claim but making the FSA aware of RBS's delinquency in dealing with complaints generally.

Comment

Emails sent to Lloyds are currently undeliverable - obviously its FULL, just sent them an email and here is the postmaster email received.......

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
            Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk
            The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Emails sent to Lloyds are currently undeliverable - obviously its FULL, just sent them an email and here is the postmaster email received.......

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
              Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk
              The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.
              That's better than their bank account then, it will be empty with all these claims to payout.
              Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                That's better than their bank account then, it will be empty with all these claims to payout.

LOL........wonder if its the same with the other banks?

Comment

thanxs since i posted phoned fos read him the letter to which he was surprised but said don't worry about 6year thing they were regulated then anyway and just send them today everything i have and they would deal with it.
                  yes di sent rbs copies of everything
                  phoned rbs after fos to which the answer was thats the banks policy if over 6 years old.
                  my other complaint with rbs was sent same time as this one has been decided and letter posted yday this is one previous posted that rbs has lost my credit agreement so expecting same result as today
                  Yes, RBS subscribed to both the ABI & GISC codes of practice.

And, it would appear that the Royal Bank have misplaced many credit agreements;
                  irresponsible lending comes to mind...

Comment

Definitely keep fighting this - I have one LTSB loan that was repaid in 1996 that is currently with the FOS awaiting an adjudicator........Good Luck xxx

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                      Had lunch with a Barclays manager with my boss yesterday and he confirmed that all PPI claims would be paid speedily as they had set the 1 billion aside for this. Well lets hope he is right and that all banks adopt the same attitude, it will certainly be interesting to see.
                      Did he say they would pro actively refund? (sounds to easy this for me)

I think people should be wary and still get their complaints in.

Comment

Since posting the email that I received from lloyds earlier as above, I still received an email back. I thought the postmaster/Lloyds on the email stated the email would not be sent as their mail-was full, so they would not receive it, hmmm.
                        Where I live the post is awful, there are just 17 houses, but the posties tend to get confused with a similar address,and often our post is posted there and the family are away for months on end. So I raised my concerns with lloyds, and asked them just for a rough timescale of when we should hear.

Email received just now.......

Dear

Thank you for your recent communication sent to our and our Customer Care Department in Newport.

I fully understand that you are concerned because of issues with the postal service in your area. However I am still unable to give you a timescale with regard to resolving your complaint. However we do aim to respond to you as soon as we are able.

Yours sincerely

A
                        Customer Relations Manager – Lloyds TSB Group Operations
                        Last edited by di30; 12th May 2011, 17:46:PM.

Comment

http://www.compliancy-services.co.uk...i-compensation

Indeed, but some of the banks are not listening.
                          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            http://www.compliancy-services.co.uk...i-compensation

Indeed, but some of the banks are not listening.

They are no hurry it seems, your right PF, they are not listening.

Why on earth don't they just get on with them, they have a heck of a lot more complaints on the way, never mind the backlog, god help lol.
                            I understand someone I spoken to sent a complaint to lloyds a week ago and today received a letter from lloyds to confirm they have received it, and they mentioned the usual 8 weeks, but what about the ones kept on hold? They should just be upfront!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              They are no hurry it seems, your right PF, they are not listening.

Why on earth don't they just get on with them, they have a heck of a lot more complaints on the way, never mind the backlog, god help lol.
                              I understand someone I spoken to sent a complaint to lloyds a week ago and today received a letter from lloyds to confirm they have received it, and they mentioned the usual 8 weeks, but what about the ones kept on hold? They should just be upfront!

Totally agree. The banks have a wealth of information available for people that would like to start a complaint.

However there has been absolutely no information forthcoming whatsoever for the people who have been waiting 6-7 months!

Surely those people that have been waiting for months should be first in all aspects. Whether it be getting final responses or just basic information.

The people that have been treated like crap for the longest still seem to be getting treated like crap.

Whereas first time complainers have all the information they need to get the ball rolling. And the banks are telling them don't use a CMC. And you can go to the FOS etc Don't do this, but you can do that. Which is absolutely super smashing great if your only starting a complaint.

What about all the boys and girls that have sat patiently over the last 6 months, whilst the banks used an unsanctioned hold on our complaints!

When are we going to receive information!?

Comment

[quote=SoapyBubbles:
                                ...What about all the boys and girls that have sat patiently over the last 6 months, whilst the banks used an unsanctioned hold on our complaints!

When are we going to receive information!?[/quote]

There are also many consumers who after logging their PPI complaints, were informed by banks e.g. MBNA, Egg (CitiGroup), Capital One and RBS:
                                We will not enter into a further correspondence with you regarding this matter. However, we will file your letter(s) for future reference.
                                One would presume that the Banks who employed these covert tactics, may eventually get around to contacting the above referenced consumers within six months?
                                Which could extend to Christmas and beyond?

IMHO, there will be much foot dragging; arguments over accrued interest etc...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X