• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Well my literacy is getting a lot better than it was but even I at times have a relapse which is common for citizens recovering from a stroke indeed it is something that can affect every part of the body.

Just thought it worth mentioning as no doubt cappo is very bright and having been there 21 yrs ago I do fully understand him and thus make allowances.

Anyway back to Di my fingers are crossed for you.

Regards

A credit to us all, thank you.

I understand PF, it was the same for my dad. Bless.

And thanks again PF, I shall post up my news as soon as I hear.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

AC,

Cappo is a stroke survivor and just like me literacy is not one of our better subjects so I'm sure he is excused for that slight error.

No doubts Di knew what he meant as I did.

Keep up the good work Cappo you will get there fella.
      No offence intended to Cappo, of course

The Information commissioners Office, deals with matters relating to the processing of "Data".

The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        ...I shall post up my news as soon as I hear.
        Please, do so di30!
        X

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
          Please, do so di30!
          X

I will do cheers honey x

Comment

AC,

The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

That is what they are supposed to do, But I think we all know that is not always the case specially relating to CRA breaches.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

AC,

That is what they are supposed to do, But I think we all know that is not always the case specially relating to CRA breaches.
              [/COLOR][/LEFT]
              Off topic, PF....

Best that members study the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) as well as the CCA/Regs.

Anyhow, hopefully di30, will receive a fair response?
              X

Comment

AC,

Cappo is a stroke survivor and just like me literacy is not one of our better subjects so I'm sure he is excused for that slight error.

No doubts Di knew what he meant as I did.

Keep up the good work Cappo you will get there fella.

Yep - what with all these anachronisms flying around, it's easy to make a mistake.
                FSA, OFT, MoJ.......di herself has in the past kindly directed me to FO.
                I knew she meant FOS, of course.
                Hang on a minute!!....................
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Well, just when I thought I had made all the claims that I could (about $1400 PPI refunds and $17K of credit cards and loans written off by banks), it seems I forgot one little bank! Smile Bank!

Yes, I am smiling because it now looks like I have yet another claim to make. It's only for about 230 pounds, but hey, that will go a long way towards a new HTC Desire HD mobile phone! I did not realize that I had PPI wrapped into an overdraft facility with them, until I received an email about it recently-obviously they must be contacting all their customers now that the PPI things is finished n court.

So I sent a secure message to them and they revealed that I have PPI on my overdraft and it is charged at a flat rate of 2.50 a month, wrapped into a monthly bank fee for a packaged account. It's funny how it takes several emails to get the full information from them. They start by giving a fob off, saying there is a new page on their website that deal with PPI. When asked to provide details of how it was sold, they said it would have been over the phone at the time. When asked for a recording or transcript, they say that there are no records, as they only keep them for 6 years-this dates back 8 years! Further emails asking for the policy number and date taken out also had to be sent several times to get the answer, which was that they do not have a record of the policy number and I can contact the insurance company direct for that. Anyway, I now have all the information needed, most of which is being able to quote their secure messages where they repeatedly say, "we don't have any records." Ideal!

To start the claim they insist that each customer fills in and submits by post the PPI Consumer questionnaire document "designed by the FOS".

The download link to this form appears part way down the following web page, listed as "download the FOS consumer questionnaire":

http://www.smile.co.uk/servlet/Conte...5649764#q1jump

They insist that this has to be posted in, not emailed, because ,"email is not secure and can be intercepted". Ermmmm...really.....so nobody can intercept snail mail????? Or it is more secure than email?????? Seems like an additional unnecessary step to frustrate the customer from complaining. Anyway, I smell blood and am about to start yet another PPI complaint. I will keep you all potsed!
                  Last edited by debtisbad; 25th May 2011, 06:30:AM. Reason: Spelling errors
                  Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Err?
                    The Information Commissioners Office deals with the DPA and FOI:
                    Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - ICO

sorry ac i thought the ico wouid also check redress calcs,my mistake
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                    Well, just when I thought I had made all the claims that I could (about $1400 PPI refunds and $17K of credit cards and loans written off by banks), it seems I forgot one little bank! Smile Bank!

Yes, I am smiling because it now looks like I have yet another claim to make. It's only for about 230 pounds, but hey, that will go a long way towards a new HTC Desire HD mobile phone! I did not realize that I had PPI wrapped into an overdraft facility with them, until I received an email about it recently-obviously they must be contacting all their customers now that the PPI things is finished n court.

So I sent a secure message to them and they revealed that I have PPI on my overdraft and it is charged at a flat rate of 2.50 a month, wrapped into a monthly bank fee for a packaged account. It's funny how it takes several emails to get the full information from them. They start by giving a fob off, saying there is a new page on their website that deal with PPI. When asked to provide details of how it was sold, they said it would have been over the phone at the time. When asked for a recording or transcript, they say that there are no records, as they only keep them for 6 years-this dates back 8 years! Further emails asking for the policy number and date taken out also had to be sent several times to get the answer, which was that they do not have a record of the policy number and I can contact the insurance company direct for that. Anyway, I now have all the information needed, most of which is being able to quote their secure messages where they repeatedly say, "we don't have any records." Ideal!

To start the claim they insist that each customer fills in and submits by post the PPI Consumer questionnaire document "designed by the FOS".

The download link to this form appears part way down the following web page, listed as "download the FOS consumer questionnaire":

They insist that this has to be posted in, not emailed, because ,"email is not secure and can be intercepted". Ermmmm...really.....so nobody can intercept snail mail????? Or it is more secure than email?????? Seems like an additional unnecessary step to frustrate the customer from complaining. Anyway, I smell blood and am about to start yet another PPI complaint. I will keep you all potsed!

lets hope your smiling all the way to the bank db,good luck
                    Last edited by cappo; 25th May 2011, 07:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lets all hope for some good news for di today,hope the postie comes today di,good luck,we're all rooting for you
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      No offence intended to Cappo, of course

The Information commissioners Office, deals with matters relating to the processing of "Data".

none taken AC
                      Last edited by cappo; 25th May 2011, 07:23:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

DB,

That is interesting smile is a part of Co-op Bank right, so would this also apply to co-op packaged accounts with an overdraft? my guess is yes.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Pompeyfaith, you are correct. It is a packaged account called "Smilemore". Apparently 2.50 pounds a month charge is hidden in the monthly fee, the 2.50 being for PPI. So many people may well be unaware that the PPI s included in the fee.

The monthly fee for this packaged account is 13 pounds a month.

When I asked for an explanation, this is what they sent me by secure message: ""Yes, you current have overdraft protection insurance on the overdraft on this account. This would been sold to you over the phone when you first took the overdraft limit out on this account. The £2.50 is still being debited as the PPI is still live on the account. "

It would appear from this that PPI is packaged automatically with the account, as 13 pounds is the advertised monthly fee for this account.
                          Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

Good morning

Lets see what the postie brings in the post this morning.

I will be surprised to receive the letter from Lloyds today to be honest, but we shall see. I now have those butterflies in my tummy LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
                              Yes, Pompeyfaith, you are correct. It is a packaged account called "Smilemore". Apparently 2.50 pounds a month charge is hidden in the monthly fee, the 2.50 being for PPI. So many people may well be unaware that the PPI s included in the fee.

The monthly fee for this packaged account is 13 pounds a month.

When I asked for an explanation, this is what they sent me by secure message: ""Yes, you current have overdraft protection insurance on the overdraft on this account. This would been sold to you over the phone when you first took the overdraft limit out on this account. The £2.50 is still being debited as the PPI is still live on the account. "

It would appear from this that PPI is packaged automatically with the account, as 13 pounds is the advertised monthly fee for this account.

and if you get into trouble you can always use the FREE legal advice line, pmsl!!

They don't appear to offer the PPI anymore on current accounts
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

DB,

I had a packaged account with my coop privileged account paying the same fee each mth which also had an overdraft facility of £700 so I will look into this and if what you are saying does apply to me.

Thanks

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X