• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

leclercs comments may not be popular with all but he is raising some valid points, a ranting letter expecting complaints staff to look at either sympathetically or otherwise will not acheive the desired end result, it will simply generate the usual standardised response, probably just making you more irate!

Whilst I understand venting like this may make you feel like you've acheived something it will not progress the matter any further with the lender, they are used to receiving such correspondence and it simply a case of water off a ducks back, they dont care about the consumers circumstances or feelings and i doubt theyll start anytime soon (may not be fair and just but unfortunately is the truth)

As lecelerc states stick to the facts and at least make them work, for the banks this is just a case of "playing the game", its always best to try and remove emotions (anger or otherwise) from your dealings with them and take them on in the same way.

Comment

Interesting 'gossip' from The Telegraph.

Note the announcement date is Thursday.

HBOS and Barclay's results announcements did not quantify PPI liabilities. Is he about to break ranks given his previous position at Santander?

Article below:

Lloyds to draw line under its toxic debt

Lloyds Banking Group will this week attempt to bring down the curtain on a history of dealing with toxic assets as the new chief executive, Antonio Horta Osorio, tries to "clear the decks" at the state-owned lender.

The interim report of the Independent Commission on Banking singled out Lloyds for more asset disposals. Photo: PA

By Harry Wilson, Banking Correspondent 8:00AM BST 01 May 2011 3 Comments

Mr Horta Osorio, presenting his first set of results as head of Lloyds, will draw a line under many of the bank's problem assets as he announces further provisions against Irish loans and payment protection insurance compensation claims.

Mr Horta Osorio will use his interim management statement on Thursday to write down the lender's toxic assets ahead of the publication in June of a strategy review.

It comes just weeks after the release of the interim report of the Independent Commission on Banking, which singled out Lloyds for more asset disposals.

Mr Horta Osorio, who took took over the chief executive's role from Eric Daniels at the beginning of March, has already accelerated the bank's sale of several hundred branches but is known to disagree with the ICB's suggestion. He is also looking to sell off the Scottish Widows business

Next month's strategy review is expected to provide more detail on the plans for the slimming down of the bank. "It won't be an academic exercise. This will be Antonio laying down exactly what he wants to do with the bank and how's he going to do it," a source told The Sunday Telegraph.

Comment

HBOS is owned by LloydsBanking Group.......can you clarify if they said RBS rather than HBOS since they do not give any annual report?
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

looks like the banks and judicial reviews are not strange bedfellows!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...money.politics

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            HBOS is owned by LloydsBanking Group.......can you clarify if they said RBS rather than HBOS since they do not give any annual report?
            Sorry - meant to say HSBC

Comment

''Three or four years ago, as the PPI storm clouds were beginning to gather, the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services held a joint dinner with Alliance for Finance, a federation of trade unions with members in the financial services sector. One of the issues raised by the trade unions was how the counter staff in banks were being set unrealistic targets for sales of PPI, targets that they were adamant could be reached only by mis-selling the product. This shocked the MPs at the dinner and probably, at least partially, explains why very few political voices are raised in support of the banks on this issue.''

http://blog.appgifs.org.uk/2011/05/b...he-ppi-co.html

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                leclercs comments may not be popular with all but he is raising some valid points, a ranting letter expecting complaints staff to look at either sympathetically or otherwise will not acheive the desired end result, it will simply generate the usual standardised response, probably just making you more irate!

Whilst I understand venting like this may make you feel like you've acheived something it will not progress the matter any further with the lender, they are used to receiving such correspondence and it simply a case of water off a ducks back, they dont care about the consumers circumstances or feelings and i doubt theyll start anytime soon (may not be fair and just but unfortunately is the truth)

As lecelerc states stick to the facts and at least make them work, for the banks this is just a case of "playing the game", its always best to try and remove emotions (anger or otherwise) from your dealings with them and take them on in the same way.

Agree, short sharp and to the point letters are always best and;
                cut out the sarcasm it is unprofessional.

MBNA, will only respond with template letters; they are well versed in fielding complaints...
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Originally posted by cardinals View Post
                Sorry - meant to say HSBC
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSBC
                Last edited by Angry Cat; 3rd May 2011, 17:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

''Three or four years ago, as the PPI storm clouds were beginning to gather, the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services held a joint dinner with Alliance for Finance, a federation of trade unions with members in the financial services sector. One of the issues raised by the trade unions was how the counter staff in banks were being set unrealistic targets for sales of PPI, targets that they were adamant could be reached only by mis-selling the product. This shocked the MPs at the dinner and probably, at least partially, explains why very few political voices are raised in support of the banks on this issue.''
                  If the above is true and has some merit I cannot see this going any further in the courts inc the supreme court.

Just 1 week to go now, but I still believe that the judgment is strong and will stand.
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

The link to some news in relation of Cardinals post too.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/...er-PPI-ruling/

CONCERNS OVER LLOYDS AFTER PPI RULING .

Banks take centre stage this week, with investors keen to hear the reaction of state-backed lenders Lloyds and RBS to the Independent Commission on Banking (ICB) report.

LloydsBanking Group – which was told by the ICB that the disposal of branches it agreed with European regulators did not go far enough and that it would have to sell more – leads the first-quarter updates on Thursday.

Currently 41 per cent owned by the taxpayer, Lloyds gives little financial detail in this update but after staying in the black throughout 2010 there are worries that its margins may have come under pressure.
                    It could face questions over the impact of a worsening consumer environment on debt losses as well as the recent ruling on payment protection insurance. Lloyds is the most exposed of Britain’s banks to miss-selling claims.
                    New boss Antonio Horta-Osorio isn’t expected to update on his strategy for the firm until June but his plans will still be in the spotlight, including reports that he is preparing to sell Scottish Widows for more than £5billion.

CURRENTLY 83 per cent owned by the state, Royal Bank of Scotland reports its first quarter figures on Friday. It returned to profitability in the fourth quarter, as sharply lower bad debts offset slower investment banking revenues and the City will hope this has continued into 2011.
                    RBS says it is on track with its recovery plan, despite the wider investment banking slowdown and regulatory challenges ahead.

It has warned that there will be “inevitable” costs passed down to customers and shareholders from the changes that have been mooted by the ICB.

BRITAIN’S fourth biggest supermarket chain, Morrisons, posts first-quarter figures on Thursday. It is unlikely to have avoided the consumer spending squeeze but should still reveal a resilient performance.

Comment

From Tom:

Originally posted by Tom Brennan View Post

If the Court of Appeal refuses permission to appeal, then the BBA can renew their application to appeal to the Court of Appeal, and it is heard at an oral hearing.

However, if the Court of Appeal still refuse permission to appeal, then there is no appeal from that decision:

"PRACTICE DIRECTION 52 – APPEALS

Paragraph 4.8 : There is no appeal from a decision of the appeal court to allow or refuse permission to appeal to that court (although where the appeal court, without a hearing, refuses permission to appeal, the person seeking permission may request that decision to be reconsidered at a hearing). See section 54(4) of the Access to Justice Act and rule 52.3(2), (3), (4) and (5)."

So, if BBA have permission refused after a hearing, then it's all over for them. No appeals to the Supreme Court - I have checked the Rules of the Supreme Court, and I can find no variation to the Civil Procedure Rules. So let's hope the Court of Appeal refuses permission. Then people can start getting their money back from those scallywags.

Comment

So as Judge Ouseley refused permission if the court of appeal which the bba have to apply too also refuse that is game over yes?
                        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                          So as Judge Ouseley refused permission if the court of appeal which the bba have to apply too also refuse that is game over yes?
                          Correct.

And it seems inevitable that there will be an appeal hearing at the Court of Appeal.

Comment

hi guys keep up the good work just needing your thoughts and experience i have 10 ongoing at the moment with various companys and have also won 2 before jr. i phoned for update last week to rbs to be told the branch has lost my loan agreement they have looked for it on 3 seperate occasions the complaint has been in for 10 weeks and when i asked guy from concerns team what happens now he said well put it this way your in a far better position than us.he said i will more than likely get a letter with full settlement with my 8% interest and any other amount i was due. the loan was taken out 2002 and was payed off early in 2006. don't want to count my chickens early but would love to hear you thoughts.thanxs

Comment

Meetings galore this week then via BBA, Nemo, Banks etc.
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Originally posted by k77mss View Post
                              hi guys keep up the good work just needing your thoughts and experience i have 10 ongoing at the moment with various companys and have also won 2 before jr. i phoned for update last week to rbs to be told the branch has lost my loan agreement they have looked for it on 3 seperate occasions the complaint has been in for 10 weeks and when i asked guy from concerns team what happens now he said well put it this way your in a far better position than us.he said i will more than likely get a letter with full settlement with my 8% interest and any other amount i was due. the loan was taken out 2002 and was payed off early in 2006. don't want to count my chickens early but would love to hear you thoughts.thanxs

Hiya

Well that does sound hopeful, but I know what your saying.

So are they saying they did have a copy of your agreement and now lost it?
                              Sorry a bit muddled lol.
                              If this is the case they should keep a copy on microfiche I would have thought.
                              Did they give you any idea of when you should hear something, or is it a matter of awaiting of a decision on a appeal?
                              Last edited by di30; 3rd May 2011, 20:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hiya

Well that does sound hopeful, but I know what your saying.

So are they saying they did have a copy of your agreement and now lost it?
                                Sorry a bit muddled lol.
                                If this is the case they should keep a copy on microfiche I would have thought.
                                Did they give you any idea of when you should hear something, or is it a matter of awaiting of a decision on a appeal?[/quote]
                                they said my branch should have copy in their files as loan was done in branch but they can't find it and i don't have a copy of it either.concerns team guy said they will be able to get figures and amounts he did mention where they would get all my information but it wouldn't be a signed agreement.he said a few weeks am i right thinking they can't prove i wasn't mis sold if they don't have document. thanxs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X