• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

LOL - excellent news, PF - talk about brinkmanship, eh ? !!!

As Turbo says, his earlier calculation was that you should be due a further £1540 IN ADDITION TO the original £806 offered. Have they offered A FURTHER £1540, or a TOTAL of £1540 ? I guess we'll find out when you post the letter, though...

Comment

WOW, what a turn up for the books PF, that is great news!

Well done and these guys are great I must say too!

Comment

Just scanning the Letter now bear with me guys.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Here you go

sigpic

Comment

That's excellent news PF :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

They say the payment history on first loan was unavailable what do they mean by that statement sounds a load of bull to me because how can they not have it and then say they have

As for rebates on loans 80, 81, 83 what a cover up

What do they mean by they where not being investigated as of Lisa Hudsons letter of 10/10/08

They have had this information all the time and have been stringing me along since Oct 08 at least.

That all puts the coblers on the FOS's stance that no compensation is payable.

Furthermore in the FOS'S attempt to just agree with everything the banks says the bank has dropped the FOS right in it as I now want bloody answers to what they have been doing these past 2 yrs.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Is interesting in that they say they NOW have payment history on the first loan, but only sent screenshots on the 8 accounts since 2000

They have not complied with my DSAR hence why they sent the CHQ back.
              Nellie,

Slowly but surely we are getting there Thanks to everyone that has been following this saga.
              Off for some lunch now will be back later.

Turbo do you want me to send you the screenshots ?

Can do but will take a while due to the many pages.
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20th November 2010, 11:58:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

I guess they have returned your £10 because they know that they clearly hadn't fully complied with the original request, PF. It just goes to show that - when they say they've sent everything they have for the 10th time - we STILL shouldn't believe them.

So, they reckon that the £1540 is in compliance with FOS rules. So, now we have a PPI refund being offered, as opposed to a GOGW. We can either accept it, or tell them it is well short of our calculations, and ask for the details of how it was calculated - in compliance with the FOS rules.

They are offering less than two-thirds of our estimate. They can't withdraw the offer, now, so we no longer have that risk. IMO, it's now just a matter of deciding how urgently you want the further £800 - PLUS if you want to claim compo, which I would think will bring it to over £1K.

Comment

As you say, PF, this really seems to prove how misleading the assurances of the FOS really are. You deserve an explanation from them at the very least, I reckon - and one from LTSB as well. You'll probably get spineless waffle back, but make 'em work and apologise. Then ask if they can give you just one reason why you shouldn't then be offered maximum compo !!!

Comment

Funny how they miraculously find statements when prior to, stated that they did not have them!

All the banks are the same; they do keep account data going back years...
                    Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                    As you say, PF, this really seems to prove how misleading the assurances of the FOS really are. You deserve an explanation from them at the very least, I reckon - and one from LTSB as well. You'll probably get spineless waffle back, but make 'em work and apologise. Then ask if they can give you just one reason why you shouldn't then be offered maximum compo !!!

Agree, waffle, waffle, waffle.
                    Last edited by Angry Cat; 20th November 2010, 12:13:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bill,

I am in full agreement and hell I've waited over 2 yrs already so another 6 mths say is neither hear or there.

And as for the first loan now not being a GOGW you are right and I believe for us that is the biggest movement in this latest letter.
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20th November 2010, 12:36:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        They say the payment history on first loan was unavailable what do they mean by that statement sounds a load of bull to me because how can they not have it and then say they have

As for rebates on loans 80, 81, 83 what a cover up

What do they mean by they where not being investigated as of Lisa Hudsons letter of 10/10/08

They have had this information all the time and have been stringing me along since Oct 08 at least.

That all puts the coblers on the FOS's stance that no compensation is payable.

Furthermore in the FOS'S attempt to just agree with everything the banks says the bank has dropped the FOS right in it as I now want bloody answers to what they have been doing these past 2 yrs.
                        Is interesting in that they say they NOW have payment history on the first loan, but only sent screenshots on the 8 accounts since 2000

They have not complied with my DSAR hence why they sent the CHQ back.
                        Nellie,

Slowly but surely we are getting there Thanks to everyone that has been following this saga.
                        Off for some lunch now will be back later.

Turbo do you want me to send you the screenshots ?

Can do but will take a while due to the many pages.
                        Yes--to Simiantics@gmail.com as before
                        Bill my spready if post 511 assumed paying off a settlement balance of around£4750 (from simple Amortization SS0--Will you check that also please?
                        Last edited by Turboman; 20th November 2010, 12:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Guys Ill be back in a while need to go to shop and walk the dog

Thank You One and All

sigpic

Comment

Just an observation not sure if it means anything, but I previously said I had no screenshot of the first loan.

On closer inspection I do have the Screenshot, but the first Page is missing I.e no payments from March 99 to Dec 99 inclusive.

sigpic

Comment

Oh very nice they have sent them in greyscale so that they do not show up on a scan anyway I can enhance the image?

sigpic

Comment

Send it to Simiantics PF. It's all useful, mate.

With regard to Turbo's spready V6 in post #511, I agree with his figures to within a few quid. I've adjusted my own earlier spready (V1b) to take into account the revised settlement figure of £4750.62, and allowed the claim date to auto-update, and this shows a total reclaim of £2376.38 as at today.
                                Last edited by Bill-K; 20th November 2010, 15:35:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X