• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Thanks all, it is testament to all that perseverance can and does pay.

It has been one hell of a battle of mixed emotions but would I do it again ? YOU BET I WILL LOL

Regards
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Greetings All

What a nice day the sun is shining, and the postman delivered my cheque this morning so the door is slammed shut on this complaint.

My sincere thanks to everyone who helped me with this saga truly grateful to you all, will not name names as there are too many but you all know who you are.

Just waiting for my new phone to be delivered now, always seems to be the last delivery on the van when you are waiting for it lol.

Oh well no complaints today.

Right off to bank that cheque before I lose it lol

Regards
      Hi PF

That is absolutely great news - a big

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Excellent news, PF. You waited a long time for this day.

I'll tell the fat lady to get ready for her performance the moment the cheque clears.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic news PF!

Like you said its been one heck of a battle, but all worthwhile in the end!
          Brilliant, well done and Congrations, and great work again guys.

Comment

Right off to bank that cheque before I lose it lol
            Can you lend me a tenner?

Comment

Quite interesting that they did not further hold up my claim citing the JR but then was one of the first banks to be named and shamed over the next big rip off in packaged accounts.

And yes I had one of those from the co-op too since inception so looks like I will be after them again lol just as I thought my dealings with the Co-op was over.

I bet they love me :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

sigpic

Comment

I bet they love me :tinysmile_kiss_t4:
                Congratulations, PF!

XXX

Comment

Guys,

It is really sinking in now how well we did, not only is a £6600 debt paid off in full but I got £340 in bank charges returned this is a second result on bank charges as I had £2700 returned in 2007 just before the court case.

I also had £1200 back in cash.

Both these claims have been resolved either just before or just after a court case.

sigpic

Comment

Enough for two players then!!

Comment

Hiya PF, I wasn't around yesterday and managed to miss this wonderful news till now, so it's a bit late, but a huge congratulations!!!
                      from me too.

You thoroughly deserve to have this one concluded successfully at long last and well done to Turbo, Bill and Marshy etc for all their help!

Nellie x

Comment

Middenmess,

Not sure about players lol, but it would get me a couple of pompey legend stones on the wall of fame lol.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/walloffame/pricing.htm

not sure if the wife would agree though

sigpic

Comment

Right, just as I thought this was all done and dusted the crawlies are creeping out of the woodwork.

As the letter below confirms this was settled both to myself and the bank but it appears that the left arm is not communicating with the right.

Hve phoned Mark Davis this morning and he confirmed that an email was sent to the collections dept by him instucting that the balance of the current account was to be written off as we had reached agreement and that the amount outstanding consisted of charges and would not be collected.

This was confirmed by them having recieved a cheque for just under £1200 which was the balance of the missold PPI being returned to me.

This morning I get though the post not one but two final demands from Lewis Debt Recovery this was relating to the charges that the bank had written off this is emotional harassment and the bank and Lewis are culperable.

Am now deciding how to play this it is interesting that they have sent two demands one address to my wife and one with no name on which is for me but they know that it is settled by me hence why they have not put my name on the demand.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19th May 2011, 13:32:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Ok just re-attached the co-op letter so it is readable

sigpic

Comment

Looks like I am now going to have to find out if these accounts were marked as satisfied with the CRA's and whether any adverse data has been added since the settlement.

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO.

Honestly, file Lewis' "demand" in the usual as their Cause of Action has just evaporated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X